Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freenom finally dead?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Freenom finally dead?

Is anyone else having problems for paid domains with Freenom lately? I get lots of errors even 500 Internal Server Error and one day they had a "be back soon" notice and you couldn't log in.

Freenom is definitely the worst of the worst for incompetence and bugs and customer service who blames you for their problems lol. And we're talking paid domains here. But no one can touch their prices for especially .net domains 6.98$. I wish another registrar could come close but best I can find is +2-3$ more.

It looks like they are finally dead and it's time for everyone to abandon ship. I'll miss the savings that do add up with loads of domains. But honest, good riddance to them, they are worst even than 1&1 and thats saying something lol.

Comments

• Well my free domains are alive and so is the site for me. Don't see anything wrong with it..

• Use your own nameserver or cloudflare

• i dont have any ship to abandon as i am using only free ones, i used paid ones in the past (i had a top .tk and i had to pay for it the next year)

its working fine here man, error 500 is some website error, but that wont affect the domains

they use shit servers in order to be able to provide people with free domains!

• too many spammer and scammer, poor freenom

• SnowStylezSnowStylez Member
    edited November 2019

@masedi said:
    too many spammer and scammer, poor freenom

Yee .. out more Spammer use Russian Domain Service bzw Namecheap
    more Clocker / Black Hat SEOler use freenom for Doorways Pages :open_mouth:
    I'm about ehm maintenance

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I haven’t been able to create new .tk domains since two months ago. I used to create these in order to receive spam mail.

• masedimasedi Member
    edited November 2019

@SnowStylez said:

@masedi said:
    too many spammer and scammer, poor freenom

Yee .. out more Spammer use Russian Domain Service bzw Namecheap
    more Clocker / Black Hat SEOler use freenom for Doorways Pages :open_mouth:
    I'm about ehm maintenance

exactly, what s i mean, nowadays too many blogger spamming SERP using doorways, auto generated contents, etc.. most of them are using cheap or free domain

I even found a tool that crafted for brute forcing freenom domain registration, register bulk domain just in single click

maintenance requires money