Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyW - Black Friday deals! Shared and Reseller DirectAdmin Hosting & MailChannels - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyW - Black Friday deals! Shared and Reseller DirectAdmin Hosting & MailChannels

Comments

• @MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@MikePT said:
    Moaaaar

Shared Hosting 2 GB for 9.99€ Lifetime
    Germany and Los Angeles
    Order Now!

As @Ympker mentioned earlier, you promissed no more LTDs, especially on BF. Now since you released LTDs again, how are customers able to trust you?

I toally agree that you provide awesome service and support at a fraction of price, but i am not sure if this is a good business practice

Just my 2c, cheers!

Agree. @MikePT Just like @sanvit said, mate :) We don't wanna say your services are bad at all. It just evokes a bit of mixed feeling seeing you promise at one time no more LTDs and throwing them out again a couple weeks/months after. Again, not meant to tell you how you do business or blame you. Your service is awesome. But even though it's marketing, seeing you go back on a promise is...not what we wanna see ;)

Totally agree. I will consider that. Now buy and enjoy... 😁

Hope you have an excellent weekend mate ❤️

You have a great weekend yourself, mate :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Hello @MikePT

This DirectAdmin, what is the default PHP version it is using?
    and does it support PHP 7.3?
    also, I have issues before on WHM servers where-when the server crashed/restarted the PHP selector settings keeps getting reset, so say if you set the PHP version of an account to PHP 7.3 and the server reset, the PHP version suddenly reset to PHP 5.6, killing all our sites which are written for PHP7+.

Hope you can confirm these.

Regards,

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited November 2019

ZiriusPH said: support PHP 7.3?

PHP 7.1 PHP 7.2 PHP 7.3(default)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2019

Hope you had a great black friday @MikePT. I have just started moving some splash pages over to the previous deal I got in DE because, well after two+ months of monitoring it idle, there hasn't been a single glitch as far as I've been aware of. Plus, it's always good to spread the eggs around different baskets.

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT
  • @MikePT:

I'm on the other hand glad you did those LTDs, because I could finally grab that non-reseller one for myself :smile:

I just wish it had a little bit more space, like 5GB at least, but otherwise it's a good deal.

Cheers.

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT
  • @sanvit said:

As @Ympker mentioned earlier, you promissed no more LTDs, especially on BF. Now since you released LTDs again, how are customers able to trust you?

I toally agree that you provide awesome service and support at a fraction of price, but i am not sure if this is a good business practice

Just my 2c, cheers!

Wasn't sure whether to write anything, but the fact forum posts can easily be skipped (so it's Mostly harmless™), while shared knowledge and experience on this forum has helped me in the past have "won" - so here's a wall of text with my ramblings: :)

I understand your concerns. Like any "lifetime" offer: you are betting the money that the service will remain good for at least the time it takes for the amount of money paid to be covered in average monthly costs of similar quality services (with say 20% more time, since you are giving more money in advance). So it is sort of a risk.

Each should weigh the potential benefits with their assessment of the risk - for and by themselves.

My reasoning:

DirectAdmin for example has been selling lifetime for years - didn't go out of business.
    It depends on the business plan, the absolute number of sold lifetimes and the subscription / lifetime deal ratio.

So far I went with two "lifetime" deals: jar's MXroute and Mike's MYW.pt lifetime offers.
    In both instances, the whole business idea seamed like a good one and worth supporting.
    Not having to worry about monthly/yearly invoices is a very welcome bonus - not strictly related to saving money, but having one "choir" less.

In addition to that, over the years I've learned to listen to the gut feeling - long before I can put a finger on what's right (or wrong, when the feeling says "avoid"). So far so good (like a man falling off a 10 story building can say during the "flight" :) ).

As far as I'm concerned, both services have already paid for themselves. Things I've learned from using both services and information (patient explanations) given when asking for support have well been worth paying for, at least for me. Each additional worry free month I get is considered a bonus.

I'll be writing a detailed "review" (log of my experience), with comparison to other shared/reseller hosting used. For now I can say that the uptime is good, security seems perfectly fine (as far as I'm able to tell) and support is done by an experienced system administrator - no "going through" levels of support until you get to someone who knows the answer/can fix it (which is perfectly understandable and necessary policy for larger companies though).

My gripes are mainly with (down to) DirectAdmin (comapred to cPanel), nothing related to the hosting provider (it works, fine, stable, just a bit less convenient/practical for testing and development, but a lot of is down to me still not having enough experience and knowledge).

Bottom line: MikePT is someone I'm happy to do business with. From the limited knowledge I have, my estimate is that he's got both knowledge and experience - and he's professional (does a good job). Just as importantly, he's been open and straight forward so far: both discussing his business plan in a separate thread on LET and when coming out with info on the last (and only so far) outage he had on one of the servers.

Basic uptime info:
    https://status.bikegremlin.com/

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2019

@bikegremlin said:

@sanvit said:

Just my 2c, cheers!

Wasn't sure whether to write anything, but the fact forum posts can easily be skipped (so it's Mostly harmless™), while shared knowledge and experience on this forum has helped me in the past have "won" - so here's a wall of text with my ramblings: :)

I understand your concerns. Like any "lifetime" offer: you are betting the money that the service will remain good for at least the time it takes for the amount of money paid to be covered in average monthly costs of similar quality services (with say 20% more time, since you are giving more money in advance). So it is sort of a risk.

Each should weigh the potential benefits with their assessment of the risk - for and by themselves.

My reasoning:

DirectAdmin for example has been selling lifetime for years - didn't go out of business.
    It depends on the business plan, the absolute number of sold lifetimes and the subscription / lifetime deal ratio.

So far I went with two "lifetime" deals: jar's MXroute and Mike's MYW.pt lifetime offers.
    In both instances, the whole business idea seamed like a good one and worth supporting.
    Not having to worry about monthly/yearly invoices is a very welcome bonus - not strictly related to saving money, but having one "choir" less.

In addition to that, over the years I've learned to listen to the gut feeling - long before I can put a finger on what's right (or wrong, when the feeling says "avoid"). So far so good (like a man falling off a 10 story building can say during the "flight" :) ).

As far as I'm concerned, both services have already paid for themselves. Things I've learned from using both services and information (patient explanations) given when asking for support have well been worth paying for, at least for me. Each additional worry free month I get is considered a bonus.

I'll be writing a detailed "review" (log of my experience), with comparison to other shared/reseller hosting used. For now I can say that the uptime is good, security seems perfectly fine (as far as I'm able to tell) and support is done by an experienced system administrator - no "going through" levels of support until you get to someone who knows the answer/can fix it (which is perfectly understandable and necessary policy for larger companies though).

My gripes are mainly with (down to) DirectAdmin (comapred to cPanel), nothing related to the hosting provider (it works, fine, stable, just a bit less convenient/practical for testing and development, but a lot of is down to me still not having enough experience and knowledge).

Bottom line: MikePT is someone I'm happy to do business with. From the limited knowledge I have, my estimate is that he's got both knowledge and experience - and he's professional (does a good job). Just as importantly, he's been open and straight forward so far: both discussing his business plan in a separate thread on LET and when coming out with info on the last (and only so far) outage he had on one of the servers.

Basic uptime info:

Heya mate,
    thanks for your thorough reply.
    I can't speak for @sanvit but I don't think either of us doubts @MikePT technical knowledge. He is a great guy, we all know he's been in the industry for years and according to some recent HB news he is a very helpful L3 Tech :) Neither am I not aware of the risks of a "lifetime deal". I am very much a LTD addict haha. That being said I won't think Mike's nor Jarlands LTD will go anywhere. Both are great guys I completely trust in that regard. It's not like I want us to not have good deals either. Everybody loves good deals.
    I do sincerely hope that neither @MikePT nor anyone else here considers what I've said to be a negative comment on Mike's service. If so, it isn't. By no means. Perhaps I am still having my HostMantis complex (regarding the notion of breaking promises), but it just does not bode well with me, personally, when someone I trust goes back on his promise. Maybe, that's just me.
    Anyway, I have said what I wanted to say and I'm sure @MikePT didn't have any bad intentions when throwing another LTD at us, just like I'm certain that he will continue to offer a stable and good performing service with MyW. Y'all enjoy the Black Weekend, CM shopping.

Kind regards,
    Ympker

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Could user use SSH to backup all accounts files and database?
    If so I would take a lifetime one.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

I am "tired" of promoting LT deals by @MikePT among friends and network every month. So please stop let's give others a chance... :-)

Cheers

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • hiphiphip0 said: lifetime

@hiphiphip0 said:
    Could user use SSH to backup all accounts files and database?

Get a lifetime and open a ticket for SSH, it is available. I dont know backing up the database part though

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2019

I will be addressing the posts tomorrow :)

@tridinebandim said:

hiphiphip0 said: lifetime

@hiphiphip0 said:

Get a lifetime and open a ticket for SSH, it is available. I dont know backing up the database part though

Correct! SSH is available, just open a ticket guys.

Btw, CyberMonday deals, we extend the BF offers:

https://myw.pt/manager/cart.php?a=add&pid=194 - Reseller Entry, 50 GB SSD for 80€/LIFETIME!!

https://myw.pt/manager/cart.php?a=add&pid=195 - Reseller Advanced, 100 GB SSD for 160€/LIFETIME!!

https://myw.pt/manager/cart.php?a=add&pid=10 - Shared Hosting, 2 GB SSD for 9.99€/LIFETIME!!

Locations DE and LA

Shared and Reseller Hosting plans with 75% recurring discount in our website www.myw.pt (coupon BF2019, paid annually)

• 2 days ago, my friend signed up but didn't pass the fraud system, although the card was successfully charged. She opened the support ticket but still no reply. Is it just the accident and she was unlucky, but anyway where is the support, almost 48 hours had been passed?

P.s. Ticket 512273

@Nebes said:
    2 days ago, my friend signed up but didn't pass the fraud system, although the card was successfully charged. She opened the support ticket but still no reply. Is it just the accident and she was unlucky, but anyway where is the support, almost 48 hours had been passed?

P.s. Ticket 512273

Howdy,

There wasn't an actual charge, it was simply an authorization.

The ticket has been responded to :).

• @MikePT , how does the upgrades work in LTDs? Say if I outgrow my 2GB shared hosting and need another couple of GBs? Would you be able to provide it, and if so, would you work out a LT pricing for that, or would we need to convert it into some monthly/annual payment plan then? Thanks!

Thanked by 1MikePT

@TheWizard said:
    @MikePT , how does the upgrades work in LTDs? Say if I outgrow my 2GB shared hosting and need another couple of GBs? Would you be able to provide it, and if so, would you work out a LT pricing for that, or would we need to convert it into some monthly/annual payment plan then? Thanks!

Sure, just open a ticket, should be fine :)

@ZiriusPH said:
    Hello @MikePT

This DirectAdmin, what is the default PHP version it is using?
    and does it support PHP 7.3?
    also, I have issues before on WHM servers where-when the server crashed/restarted the PHP selector settings keeps getting reset, so say if you set the PHP version of an account to PHP 7.3 and the server reset, the PHP version suddenly reset to PHP 5.6, killing all our sites which are written for PHP7+.

Hope you can confirm these.

Regards,

@tridinebandim said:

ZiriusPH said: support PHP 7.3?

PHP 7.1 PHP 7.2 PHP 7.3(default)

That's correct! :-)

@null_ptr said:
    @MikePT:

I'm on the other hand glad you did those LTDs, because I could finally grab that non-reseller one for myself :smile:

I just wish it had a little bit more space, like 5GB at least, but otherwise it's a good deal.

Cheers.

You may stack while this promo lasts, even though it's the last day :P, act fast!

@hiphiphip0 said:

Yes. :)

@vyas11 said:
    I am "tired" of promoting LT deals by @MikePT among friends and network every month. So please stop let's give others a chance... :-)

Cheers

Last chance... :-P

@bikegremlin said:

@sanvit said:

Just my 2c, cheers!

My reasoning:

Basic uptime info:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@sanvit said:

Just my 2c, cheers!

My reasoning:

Basic uptime info:

Heya mate,
    I can't speak for @sanvit but I don't think either of us doubts @MikePT technical knowledge. He is a great guy, we all know he's been in the industry for years and according to some recent HB news he is a very helpful L3 Tech :) Neither am I not aware of the risks of a "lifetime deal". I am very much a LTD addict haha. That being said I won't think Mike's nor Jarlands LTD will go anywhere. Both are great guys I completely trust in that regard. It's not like I want us to not have good deals either. Everybody loves good deals.
    I do sincerely hope that neither @MikePT nor anyone else here considers what I've said to be a negative comment on Mike's service. If so, it isn't. By no means. Perhaps I am still having my HostMantis complex (regarding the notion of breaking promises), but it just does not bode well with me, personally, when someone I trust goes back on his promise. Maybe, that's just me.
    Anyway, I have said what I wanted to say and I'm sure @MikePT didn't have any bad intentions when throwing another LTD at us, just like I'm certain that he will continue to offer a stable and good performing service with MyW. Y'all enjoy the Black Weekend, CM shopping.

Kind regards,
    Ympker

Granted I did promise I would stop lifetimes, but the server usage was super low, so I decided to extend, though this time, it's really the last time.

You guys, believe it or not, but gave me all the strength I needed to do what I love most: provide support and reliable service.

Thank you for the amazing support, I couldn't be happier - and I'm being very honest. <3

• MikePT said: the server usage was super low

People soon will start utilizing their quota.
    Soon.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

You know, I already did. A FB Group for a change this time :smile:

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@bikegremlin said:

@sanvit said:

Just my 2c, cheers!

My reasoning:

Basic uptime info:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@sanvit said:

Just my 2c, cheers!

My reasoning:

Basic uptime info:

Heya mate,

Kind regards,
    Ympker

Granted I did promise I would stop lifetimes, but the server usage was super low, so I decided to extend, though this time, it's really the last time.

You guys, believe it or not, but gave me all the strength I needed to do what I love most: provide support and reliable service.

Thank you for the amazing support, I couldn't be happier - and I'm being very honest. <3

We love you too, Miguel <3

LET Idler squad is probably on that 1 server haha.

Thanked by 3vyas11 MikePT A_m_i_t
  • MikePT said: BF2019 for 75% recurring discount on our Shared and Reseller plans paid annually!

Will the discount be applicable to future plan upgrades?

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Mic-hael said:
    Hope you had a great black friday @MikePT. I have just started moving some splash pages over to the previous deal I got in DE because, well after two+ months of monitoring it idle, there hasn't been a single glitch as far as I've been aware of. Plus, it's always good to spread the eggs around different baskets.

Mate, it's such an honor to serve your websites, and this healthy competition we have, makes me proud.

Thank you for your kind words, anything you need, I'm always here for ya!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee

@vyas11 said:

@MikePT said:

You know, I already did. A FB Group for a change this time :smile:

Setting it to end at midnight! :)

Ympker said: We love you too, Miguel

LET Idler squad is probably on that 1 server haha.

Probably... :P, damn, LA is super low, seriously!

pullangcubo said: Will the discount be applicable to future plan upgrades?

For LET members, yes. Simply toss a ticket.

• Got one :smile:

Thanked by 1MikePT

@hiphiphip0 said:
    Got one :smile:

Welcome aboard!!! :D

• @MikePT said:

@Nebes said:
    2 days ago, my friend signed up but didn't pass the fraud system, although the card was successfully charged. She opened the support ticket but still no reply. Is it just the accident and she was unlucky, but anyway where is the support, almost 48 hours had been passed?

P.s. Ticket 512273

Howdy,

There wasn't an actual charge, it was simply an authorization.

The ticket has been responded to :).

Thanks

Thanked by 1MikePT

Guys the promotion is ending in 2:52 hours.

Take your chance to order the Lifetimes. These will NOT be sold in the future! 👍

Thanked by 1kkrajk

Last 15 minutes!

Thanked by 1blindcipher
  • blindcipherblindcipher Member
    edited December 2019

@MikePT said:
    Last 15 minutes!

Thanks for the awesome support @MikePT. I grabbed a 2gb LT. Did I read right in a previous post that we could stack 2 together and double up? How? Might grab another.

Thanked by 1MikePT
This discussion has been closed.