Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup HAD some truly savage Black Friday deals today
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup HAD some truly savage Black Friday deals today

rchurchrchurch Member
edited November 2019 in General

They had a 8Gb RS1000 with 400Gb SSD for about 6.99 and a 16GB RS2000 with even more SSD space for 9.99 euro earlier to day.

I guess those who knew about them didn't care to announce them on LET :) :)

The only issue is that they were all on yearly payment terms, and some had minimum 6 months period which is why I didn't bite. ultravps was good enough for me.

There must have a lot of keyboard/mouse warriors active today.

RS Black Pearl
19,99 Euro / Monat

400 Stück verfügbar
Bestellbar ab 13:30 Uhr
Intel® Xeon® Gold 6230

32 GB DDR4 ECC
1000 GB SSD
4 dedizierte Kerne

This had more RAM but lower cores. Left overs I think

The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around :) :)

Thanked by 1tgl

Comments

• @rchurch said:

RS Black Pearl
    19,99 Euro / Monat

400 Stück verfügbar
    Intel® Xeon® Gold 6230

32 GB DDR4 ECC
    1000 GB SSD
    4 dedizierte Kerne

where is order link?

• @rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around.

Welcome back :)

There was a lot of talk about the netcup deals elsewhere, but, yeah, not here on LET. :wink:

I managed to grab two vServers, but the Root-Servers were very tempting.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited November 2019

I think their VPS 500 G8 4GB RAM/40GB SSD for €3.99 was a good deal.

• @refik said:

@rchurch said:

RS Black Pearl
    19,99 Euro / Monat

400 Stück verfügbar
    Intel® Xeon® Gold 6230

32 GB DDR4 ECC
    1000 GB SSD
    4 dedizierte Kerne

where is order link?

https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de - They are all sold out

• @refik said:

@rchurch said:

RS Black Pearl
    19,99 Euro / Monat

400 Stück verfügbar
    Intel® Xeon® Gold 6230

32 GB DDR4 ECC
    1000 GB SSD
    4 dedizierte Kerne

where is order link?

Unfortunately, the netcup promotions ended at midnight CET

• I just realized they were even announced earlier - https://www.netcup-news.de/2019/11/25/fahrplan-fuer-den-black-friday-2019/.

I am sure some people had their scripts and their remote control browsers ready :) :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Correct, this gave an overview of the timing of the offers in advance

• I didn't like Netcup promotions this year. Maybe in December we will have better deals.

• RS1000 with 400Gb SSD ?
    where is order link?

• SeniorSenior Member
    edited November 2019

@rchurch I have not seen this product in netcup.de or netcup-sonderangebote.de
    RS1000 with 400Gb SSD?
    are you sure?

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited November 2019

Senior said: @rchurch I have not >seen this product in netcup.de or netcup-sonderangebote.de
    RS1000 with 400Gb SSD?
    are you sure?

it's 40GB SSD indeed, maybe a typo of the poster

• rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around

I don't think that's really the truth. I think by and large Netcup is a higher end host and many of their BF deals were actually on significantly higher priced offers (close to Dedi level pricing, plus all on annual contracts). That coupled with their rather strict-to-the-letter-of-the-contract cancellation policies have resulted in them being a not very popular choice here due to misunderstandings and expectations on the part of the buyers.

I personally have a few of their Root Servers and VPSs and I find them to be excellent value and very reliable. I was even debating one of these largish RS configurations but it was just too expensive without an exit strategy for me if things didn't pan out and I erred on the side of caution in letting them go.

I don't like their cancellation policy and how inflexible they are on many aspects of their setup but I'm willing to compromise there when I consider the value and reliability they bring to the table.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • I am sticking with their advent calendar promotions, got 3 x, 48 GB, 1 TB NAS, 10 dedicated vCore. I try to grab failover ip, cloud vlan for production. netcup is very solid.

• Saw them in my RSS feed all day yesterday, but they didn't convince me they were worth it.

• gks said: advent calendar promotions

And on cue...

https://www.netcup-news.de/2019/11/30/adventskalender-2019/

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Savage!

• tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

I already have 3 servers with them, I dont want more

about LET, well, this place is for selling, not for helping others, it was before yes, but not anymore, there are some ppl still doing it, but not that much, its become another place now

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2019

@angstrom said:

There was a lot of talk about the netcup deals elsewhere, but, yeah, not here on LET. :wink:

That fills me with sadness, it really does.

I don’t want to be part of a community that behaves that way.

Thanked by 2datanoise Ouji
  • @tgl said:
    I already have 3 servers with them, I dont want more

about LET, well, this place is for selling, not for helping others, it was before yes, but not anymore, there are some ppl still doing it, but not that much, its become another place now

If you can’t even manage put aside differences for a brief period then I’m really sad.

• @Nekki I did man yesterday, I didn't disturb your threads, and thank you for being fair about LES, still when it comes up, its hard to help myself

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2019

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

That fills me with sadness, it really does.

I don’t want to be part of a community that behaves that way.

Since I was the main person who brought up the netcup deals at the other place, I guess that I can take part of the responsibility for not having mentioned them here (even if this didn't prevent anyone else from doing so).

The other consideration is that netcup offers have never been aimed at the LET masses, and by "the LET masses" I don't mean you and other old-timers here who understand the notion of a contract, but when one sees the seemingly countless number of people who signed up here over the past couple of days (and who will disappear after CM), one suspects (based on past experience) that they will have no clue about how netcup contracts work and would do better to keep to low-end offers that are aimed at the LET masses.

I apologize if this sounds arrogant (I don't mean for it to), but anyone who has spent a significant time on LET knows what I'm talking about.

(Anyway, netcup fans knew where to look.)

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • @Senior said:
    RS1000 with 400Gb SSD?
    are you sure?

They were there alright. The RS8000 was offering 960GB SSD instead the 240GB SSD normally offered and it was the 36.99

If they had the Black Pearl with 4 cores, 32Gb RAM and 1000Gb SSD for 19.99, then they could certainly have done something with 2 cores, a quarter of the RAM and less than half the disk space for 9.99

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Is there a Netcup representative here?

• @angstrom said: netcup fans knew where to look

Yup and see my post earlier about this as well:

@nullnothere said:

rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around

I don't think that's really the truth. I think by and large Netcup is a higher end host ...

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @thedp said:
    Is there a Netcup representative here?

No, there never has been

• @nullnothere said:

@angstrom said: netcup fans knew where to look

@nullnothere said:

rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around

I don't think that's really the truth. I think by and large Netcup is a higher end host ...

Definitely agree with you :)

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • @rchurch said:

@Senior said:
    RS1000 with 400Gb SSD?
    are you sure?

They were there alright. The RS8000 was offering 960GB SSD instead the 240GB SSD normally offered and it was the 36.99

If they had the Black Pearl with 4 cores, 32Gb RAM and 1000Gb SSD for 19.99, then they could certainly have done something with 2 cores, a quarter of the RAM and less than half the disk space for 9.99

The Black Mamba was more or less exactly as you said:

2x dedicated Xeon Gold 6230 cores
    8GB RAM
    400GB SSD
    9,99€

• @angstrom said:

@nullnothere said:

@nullnothere said:

@Clouvider isn’t ‘Higher End’?

Prem sells here too, and there are plenty of Netcup lovers, that’s easy to see.

• Nekki said: Prem sells here too, and there are plenty of Netcup lovers, that’s easy to see.

@Clouvider's mainstay is the dedi's on offer (and there is a lower threshold there which is way higher than the bottom VPS feeders like yours truly).

Netcup of course is mainly in the VPS space and they (now and then) have some sales which more than makes up for the lock-in and contractual inanities if you consider the price-performance-value spectrum. Netcup would be way more popular if they had CPU pass through - as it stands only limited container virtualization is possible with their higher RAM setups.

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@nullnothere said:

@nullnothere said:

@Clouvider isn’t ‘Higher End’?

Sure they are, but (and this is crucial) @Clouvider is a representative here on LET, who can post offers and answer questions directly. In addition, @Clouvider aims to reach an international audience. Finally, @Clouvider's promotional prices (even if attractive) will naturally dissuade the LET masses that I was referring to.

None of these hold for netcup.

In any case, I'm not trying to provide a thorough justification why I didn't mention the netcup offers here yesterday (it really wasn't a strategy planned in advance), and I would just note that I've mentioned netcup offers here more than once in the past as well as answered questions about them.

Thanked by 1Clouvider