Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2019: 100 GB SSD storage - 4,95 EUR monthly - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2019: 100 GB SSD storage - 4,95 EUR monthly

Comments

• pkr said: Does anyone know the cancellation policy of PHP-Friends?

Do not drop PHP-Friends for that LEB thing you posted in other thread. The guy running that company is the guy that was running AlphaRacks. You really don't want that deal, avoid it.

• @JabJab said:

pkr said: Does anyone know the cancellation policy of PHP-Friends?

Do not drop PHP-Friends for that LEB thing you posted in other thread. The guy running that company is the guy that was running AlphaRacks. You really don't want that deal, avoid it.

My wallet has been burnt by SSDnodes, so I am not purchasing anything now. Thanks for letting us know that the guy was running AlphaRacks.

• JabJab said: The guy running that company is the guy that was running AlphaRacks. You really don't want that deal, avoid it.

Is that true?

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@drivex said:
    No one has problems with that, but if you offer regular only dedicated cores, you should at least mention it.

Sorry if this led to irritations. We do absolutely not offer dedicated cores here. The term "dedicated" is mentioned twice on our regular offers / product pages - dedicated resources and dedicated cores - which we explicitly don't mention here. Also we don't specify a specific CPU model, so even if the cores were dedicated you could get a different performance from different orders as we use several CPUs here. Any feedback on how we could make this more clear on our website for further offers is highly appreciated.

Actually I think that 4,19 EUR (without VAT) per month is a fair price for 100 GB fast SSD storage and 6 GB ECC RAM, so for a product where storage (amount & performance) is the main goal. The product is not meant to be a CPU flagship.

However, we are known for making our customers happy and we don't want any of you to be disappointed. So here's my promise for all Lowendtalk members: Should you experience any steal above 1-3% average, please send me a message here on LET, and we will set up a special node for this purpose on which the cores will be dedicated for you.

Like I said I'm pretty sure that this won't be necessary. We just don't want to promise dedicated cores before we know exactly how this works out. If we did, it would be worse for sure, wouldn't it?

Best Regards,
    Tim

@hzr said:
    64~128gb ram VPS next offer cyber monday?

Would that be interesting for more users? Could be an idea for our yearly winter special. To get tons of RAM till monday will be too hard :D

@JabJab said:

pkr said: Does anyone know the cancellation policy of PHP-Friends?

I'm sorry, I can't follow here, could both of you clarify this? :)

• PHP_Friends said: Would that be interesting for more users? Could be an idea for our yearly winter special. To get tons of RAM till monday will be too hard :D

I would like a big chungus with nested virt to play with docker swarm on.

PHP_Friends said: I'm sorry, I can't follow here, could both of you clarify this? :)

He posted about a different, much better offer, but it is run by a more questionable person and is a brand new host. It is not related to you and is a compliment for you.

edited November 2019

@datanoise said:

JabJab said: The guy running that company is the guy that was running AlphaRacks. You really don't want that deal, avoid it.

Is that true?

I'm still not sure if I'm getting this completely wrong, but no, we never had any other label than PHP-Friends. Never heard of AlphaRacks before, sorry.

Edit: Thanks @hzr for explaining.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks @hzr this makes more sense, I got it wrong as well and I couldn't understand the magic behind this affirmation.

• SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited November 2019

PHP_Friends said: The product is not meant to be a CPU flagship

yep. the CPU is somewhat disappointing and this node is't even under load

what's your refund policy for this deal? I would rather skip it :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Speedtest Monster v.1.4.6 2019-10-29 
     Region: Europe  https://bench.monster/speedtest.html
     Usage : curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -Europe
     OS           : CentOS 7.7.1908 (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 3.10.0-229.el7.x86_64
     CPU Model    : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
     CPU Cores    : 2 @ 2099.934 MHz x86_64 16384 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
     Load Average : 0.71, 0.82, 0.40
     Total Space  : 98G (1.8G ~2% used)
     Total RAM    : 139 MB / 5807 MB (1573 MB Buff)
     Total SWAP   : 0 MB / 1023 MB
     Uptime       : 0 days 0:7
     ASN & ISP    : AS44066, First Colo GmbH
     Organization : PHP Friends
     Location     : Frankfurt am Main, Germany / DE
     Region       : Hesse

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 2321  (GOOD)
       Multi Core : 4128

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     :  76 MB/s
       sha256     : 200 MB/s
       md5sum     : 361 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 1641.7 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 5051.7 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 654 MB/s
       2nd run    : 625 MB/s
       3rd run    : 651 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 643.3 MB/s

## Europe Speedtest

Location                         Upload           Download         Ping   
     Speedtest.net                    712.76 Mbit/s    913.36 Mbit/s     9.148 ms
     Ireland, Dublin (Digiweb)        421.15 Mbit/s    349.53 Mbit/s    27.704 ms
     UK, London (Community Fibre)     289.64 Mbit/s    440.98 Mbit/s    16.205 ms
     Netherlands, Amsterdam (MaxiTEL) 427.15 Mbit/s    432.50 Mbit/s    19.386 ms
     Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET)        415.17 Mbit/s    596.55 Mbit/s    13.885 ms
     Germany, Munich (InterNetX)      768.87 Mbit/s    1169.97 Mbit/s    5.967 ms
     Denmark, Copenhagen (Fiberby)    325.68 Mbit/s    492.29 Mbit/s     6.344 ms
     Sweden, Stockholm (SUNET)        235.31 Mbit/s    401.32 Mbit/s    22.087 ms
     Norway, Oslo (NextGenTel)        270.66 Mbit/s    398.34 Mbit/s    23.225 ms
     France, Lyon (SFR)               578.01 Mbit/s    607.49 Mbit/s    14.768 ms
     Spain, Madrid (Adamo)            238.98 Mbit/s    123.77 Mbit/s    39.197 ms
     Portugal, Lisbon (Evolute)       197.47 Mbit/s    466.50 Mbit/s    41.599 ms
     Italy, Rome (Unidata)            396.11 Mbit/s    461.12 Mbit/s    19.336 ms
     Austria, Vienna (Magenta)        205.83 Mbit/s    468.16 Mbit/s    13.529 ms
     Poland, Warsaw (Orange)          112.60 Mbit/s    316.90 Mbit/s    18.047 ms
     Slovakia, Kosice (ANTIK)         446.05 Mbit/s    414.47 Mbit/s    29.500 ms
     Ukraine, Kyiv (KyivStar)         222.99 Mbit/s    500.80 Mbit/s    32.197 ms
     Latvia, Riga (Bite)              157.15 Mbit/s    183.00 Mbit/s    28.361 ms
     Russia, St.Petersburg (Prometey) 139.47 Mbit/s    324.29 Mbit/s    30.079 ms
     Russia, Moscow (MTS)             324.90 Mbit/s    355.15 Mbit/s    36.927 ms
     Romania, Bucharest (Orange)      387.93 Mbit/s    337.82 Mbit/s    27.350 ms
     Greece, Athens (GRNET)           150.54 Mbit/s    272.51 Mbit/s    54.967 ms
     Turkey, Istanbul (Radore)        110.85 Mbit/s    255.02 Mbit/s    44.375 ms

Finished in : 9 min 36 sec
     Timestamp   : 2019-11-30 03:56:33 GMT

Share results:
     - https://www.speedtest.net/result/8809095197.png
     - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14982209

curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -disk
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Disk Write Speed:

1st run    : 211 MB/s
       2nd run    : 213 MB/s
       3rd run    : 213 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 212.333 MB/s

Disk Read Speed:

1st run    : 581.937 MB/s
       2nd run    : 561.713 MB/s
       3rd run    : 574.719 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 572.79 MB/s

• This is an excellent deal, people. It is just that it isn't standing out compared to other Black Friday crazy pricing but it is a steal at any other day of the year. Just because the price isn't half as crazy does not mean it is a bad deal.

• You're happily pumping 300+Mbit/s across all eurasia on a 5€/m VPS while being behind a OVH-GAME level firewall and youre complaining about what? Disappointing CPU? Better get that Widerruf done, this is not for you.

• Control panel shows Bandwidth 5TB. But your website shows "Traffic kostenlos". So does it unlimited or not?

• @Yusum said:
    Control panel shows Bandwidth 5TB. But your website shows "Traffic kostenlos". So does it unlimited or not?

Will not be suspended but throttled at 10 mbits after 5tb..

Thanked by 1Yusum
  • Yusum said: Control panel shows Bandwidth 5TB. But your website shows "Traffic kostenlos". So does it unlimited or not?

after 5tb it is 10mbit, it is still cost los :)

Thanked by 2Yusum vimalware
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Hi Folks,

This can't be posted where it should be, since I'm not a provider but I just wanted to share this great deal from @PHP_Friends with you all. It's the slightly "mini" version of the "vServer Black Friday 2019" package which they have released on Black Friday and I figured that some of you might want/need this, especially those who missed Black Friday and Cyber Monday, for who knows what reason(s) :joy:

Virtualization: KVM
    Processor: Intel Xeon E5-CPU
    CPU: 1
    RAM: 4GB ECC RAM
    Disk: 50GB SSD
    Network: 500 MBit/s
    DDoS Protection: Yes
    IP: IPv4 + IPv6 (/64) with RDNS Support
    Contract: 12 Months

Price: €29.70/year (Inclusive of 19% VAT)
    Order Link: https://php-friends.de/add-to-cart/id:148

If you're not from the EU, VAT will be excluded automatically at checkout.

There'll be only 50 of these :)

Enjoy! :)

edited December 2019

Hi,

to quickly answer a few questions / critic points:

1) We don't have a "refund policy", in Germany we have excellent (consumer-friendly) laws for that and we strictly stick to them. So every private person has the right to revoke a contract within 14 days. There are a few exceptions which don't are relevant here.

2) If someone considers 5 TB traffic as too few, that's fine, but we can't change it. Our experience shows that 99% of our customers don't even need more than 1 TB. That's no exaggeration. We have that few amount of customers with traffic over usage that we didn't even implement an automatic process for throttling these VMs. It's simply not necessary.

If we offer a server with 1 Gbps bandwidth, you can always use it. As long as you don't consume more traffic than we have defined. I know that there are providers who will tell you about "unlimited" traffic, but there is no such thing as unlimited traffic. At the very latest the switch port defines how much traffic you can make. And if the provider doesn't define what bandwidth he guarantees, you simply - sorry - can't give a shit about that "unlimited" traffic. We don't like that way of hosting, but we like to tell our customers clearly what they can expect from our service (and what they can't).

Another popular form of "unlimited" traffic is (for example) do define a port speed of 1 Gbps, a guarantee way less (let's say 200 Mbps) and a small text with several special cases in which you will be throttled to an undefined bandwidth for an undefined period of time. Of course we don't like that either.

Long story short: Good traffic costs money and I don't know a single provider in our data centre (First Colo) who can include that amount of traffic like we do. There might be a reason for that - maybe 5 TB isn't that few :)

By the way, even with only 10 Mbps you can use 6,48 TB per month (+ your regular full speed traffic).

3) I have pointed out clearly why we don't offer dedicated cores here. And to be honest, even if I'm making myself unpopular with this opinion, I don't think that anyone can expect 2 dedicated cores for that price. Yes, some providers will do that for promotional reasons, and that's fine, but we all have to earn money and I clearly tell you that this is impossible with dedicated cores at that price. If you use old(er) CPUs, they have too few cores; if you use new(er) CPUs, they have enough cores, but are too expensive to get ever refinanced by a 4,16 EUR product.

By the way, this is the load of one full Black Friday node:

You won't see any steal time within the VMs for sure. But again, as long as we don't have enough experience with this setup yet, we won't talk about dedicated cores.

Best Regards,
    Tim

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

thank you @PHP_Friends for this clear answer, even if it was not needed, some times being honest it seems hurts, some people want to be lied to so they feel good about themselves

I bought already two instances (one from the last offer, that schupperspecial) and one this black friday, both perform very well

I can say that in my opinion @PHP_Friends is a very good provider considering the price/specs ratio, the specs are good, he's also being honest what he's offering, instead of hyping it up to catch the dumb fish

it seems some people are never happy

just my two eurocents

• I can also only say that @PHP_Friends is very good. I have the 'Schnupperspecial' server and contacted them about some performance issues on that. Was solved within one hour after opening the ticket.

Very good provider. Definitely worth the money.

Thanked by 3dataforest DP vyas11
  • ofitofit Member
    edited December 2019

@PHP_Friends Hello. Do you have Snapshots for your offers?

• @thedp said:
    Hi Folks,

This can't be posted where it should be, since I'm not a provider but I just wanted to share this great deal from @PHP_Friends with you all. It's the slightly "mini" version of the "vServer Black Friday 2019" package which they have released on Black Friday and I figured that some of you might want/need this, especially those who missed Black Friday and Cyber Monday, for who knows what reason(s) :joy:

why the f*ck do I even come to these threads days after and go away with another idling vps?

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2019

Php-friends is prem. Holding on to the previous deal tightly. Generous SSD for the prices

Earlier complaint about %steal was resolved professionally and now happily running production. 5TB for this price AND connectivity where else to get

Thanked by 1poisson
  • rchurchrchurch Member
    edited December 2019

@thedp said:
    Hi Folks,

This is criminal enticement :) :)

It is likely to result in my 3rd idling VPS with PHP-Friends. Time to check the Paypal balance!!

I have some SAS Specials with UltraVPS which only 4 euro a year more, but there is something about paying for a year which gives you the warm feeling that it will be around for a long time.

Maybe I should procrastinate till they are sold out. :wink:

• @Falzo said:

why the f*ck do I even come to these threads days after and go away with another idling vps?

Now you have two gremlins. Tomorrow 4.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • sonicsonic Veteran
    edited December 2019

@thedp said:
    Hi Folks,

I couldnt resist :(
    One more idle VPS :(

How long does it take to get VPS provisioned?

• akbakb Member
    edited December 2019

Hi @thedp @Falzo @rchurch @sonic,

If this smaller VPS from them got deployed for you, I will really appreciate if you can please post the CPU flags and a bench/nench.

• @akb said:
    Hi @thedp @Falzo @rchurch @sonic,

If this smaller VPS from them got deployed for you, I will really appreciate if you can you please post the CPU flags and a bench/nench.

Soon right after I receive VPS info, stay tuned :smiley:

edited December 2019

@ofit said:

Currently we do only offer a "real" backup feature which stores your VM once per day on an external backup server. The price depends on the VM's disk size and starts at 2,51€ monthly (up to 100 GB, backups saved for one week).

Thanked by 2pike ofit
  • sonicsonic Veteran
    edited December 2019

@PHP_Friends said:

@ofit said:

Currently we do only offer a "real" backup feature which stores your VM once per day on an external backup server. The price depends on the VM's disk.

Hi,
    How long does it often take to provision VPS after payment made

P/S: I got it right after this reply. Doing bench...

We have delivered all orders that came over night. Now it's time for some coffee :D

Thanked by 1pike