Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodeDeploy US Location Closures
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodeDeploy US Location Closures

ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
edited August 2013 in Providers

Just got this about ten minutes ago:

Dear Tony

It is with great regret NodeDeploy is announcing it's USA presence closure, we have been monitoring the demand for services in the United States for a while and the demand is rapidly decreasing. The demand for our US based locations does not meet the required levels to ensure that we can continue to expand our network and presence. We mantain and operate our own switching and network equipment in our EU Locations, aswell as wholly owned hardware. This allows us to provide 99.99% network uptime and unparalled performance. Our US locations are a bit different, we do not own the hardware, nor the equipment therefore our options for expansion are severly limited.

Phoenix and Atlanta based servers will have until the end of  August to request a migration or backup data. The servers will be powered down and relinqusihed on September 1st so be sure to file a ticket for IMMEDIATE migration to Germany, we have enough space to accomodate every machine 5 times over.

Los Angeles based virtual machines will have **TWO** weeks to either request migration or backup data. Our KVM plans in germany come with 50GB sata instead of 20GB SAS.

Any other questions please do not hesistate to contact us.

Yours,

NodeDeploy

A fair bit depressing to see them stick to the EU; I have servers with them in PHX and ATL.

Comments

• I wonder why US demand is so low? Is it just NodeDeploy or are all providers in the US experiencing a decrease?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@asterisk14 said:
    I wonder why US demand is so low? Is it just NodeDeploy or are all providers in the US experiencing a decrease?

People offering 5GB RAM for $5 kills the market for some companies.

• @AlexanderM said:
    People offering 5GB RAM for $5 kills the market for some companies.

And NodeDeploy do similar in EU, but agrees this is a problem.

@asterisk14 said:
    I wonder why US demand is so low? Is it just NodeDeploy or are all providers in the US experiencing a decrease?

Don't see demand being low, but low end market is cobbled with those 5GB RAM "offers".

• How come some brands not doing crazy offers are still doing well? E.g. BuyVM

• @jcaleb said:
    How come some brands not doing crazy offers are still doing well? E.g. BuyVM

You notice BuyVM rarely posts here and/or on LEB - they are trying to focus out of this market rather. That's the distinction. In the "other" market there are also those selling 256MB RAM for like $10/month... so...

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Reading it again, they don't own their own hardware in USA, I suppose that would increase costs, so probably not able to compete.

@jcaleb - some people will pay 'a little extra' for something that they perceive is a better so I guess that's why BuyVM and others with similar reputation can charge a little bit more for the same resources, as concerto49 mentioned.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • jakejake Member

inb4 NodeDeploy refugee coupons

• @asterisk14 said:

The services have always been good -- it probably is the RAM race (which they even participated quite well in with $7/2GB KVM in LA) that has had an effect on more conservatively-specced outfits, I guess.

I purposefully avoided moving my US locations with them to other lower-priced competitors because of the quality they were able to provide, even on leased equipment.

Hopefully some staff can come in here and comment. (Maybe in a year or two they can invade the US again and resume world domination?)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@concerto49 said:
    You notice BuyVM rarely posts here and/or on LEB - they are trying to focus out of this market rather. That's the distinction. In the "other" market there are also those selling 256MB RAM for like $10/month... so...

Our prices are still more than reasonable. The service is quite good with yearly performance upgrades and our panel is getting features every month.

While I wouldn't mind throwing a curveball at the market with some silly offer for fun, we don't have to nor have a real demand to do it.

We have another market opening up soon we hope.

Francisco

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

I wonder why US demand is so low?

After the PRISM and related revelations, knowingly deciding to host anything in the US is just downright silly.

Thanked by 2tux mpkossen
  • @Francisco I never said they were unreasonable :)

@rm_ said:
    After the PRISM and related revelations, knowingly deciding to host anything in the US is just downright silly.

And you'll see the rest of the world is also involved.

• I love anthony

• @rm_ other countries want to spy as much as the USA wants. Fortunately (and hopefully) they don't have such a large spying budget. For now that is.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

they don't have such a large spying budget

So no reason to enlarge that budget even further by paying money for a VPS/dedi in the US, part of which goes into the NSA pocket from taxes.

• ^ this. Also the jurisdiction is much more fragmented in the EU.

• @rm_ said:
    So no reason to enlarge that budget even further by paying money for a VPS/dedi in the US, part of which goes into the NSA pocket from taxes.

NSA spies on other countries anyway. It's been exposed that countries in Europe, here in Australia and many other places participate in feeding data back. No difference.

• I will have Bradley post an update shortly.

Ben

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • serverian and inception hosting have been applying the heat with their 2Gb offerings.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@jcaleb said:
    I love anthony

Thanks. :)

Best of luck to the ND guys.

I can confirm I am doing better in the USA than in the EU right now but there are so many variables to this business it is unreal, if you base your business on pure LEB customers you were screwed before you started :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • USA is good if you need a lot of IPv4 space for VPS services. Otherwise EU is a lot better and sleable. Asian market is huge ....

• Good luck guys.

This situation can be tough for clients. If any ND clients need to maintain an LA server for their site/project, shoot me a PM on here, I will try to help you out.

• We'd be happy to help out LA clients too.

• Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't posted an update but for the last two weeks I've been seriously ill and I'm on my way for an operation today.

We'll have an update sometime tonight.
    Fortunately most of our clients in la and other parts of the us are happy to accept the move to Germany.

Thanks,
    Brad

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited August 2013

@Francisco said:
    We have another market opening up soon we hope.

If you're talking EU, I'd hurry up ;-). RamNode went from "we're not planning on targeting that market" with some dedis to a full rack and sending over equipment, if I'm not mistaking.

@AnthonySmith said:
    I can confirm I am doing better in the USA than in the EU right now but there are so many variables to this business it is unreal, if you base your business on pure LEB customers you were screwed before you started :)

Aren't your US-offers a bit cheaper thank you EU ones?

@mpkossen said:
    If you're talking EU, I'd hurry up ;-). RamNode went from "we're not planning on targeting that market" with some dedis to a full rack and sending over equipment, if I'm not mistaking.

Different market :)

I'm sure it'll be fairly popular.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Different market :)

BuyVM and RamNode target different markets? I find that hard to see, TBH. No pun intended, just genuinely interested.

:)

We'll see. I'm still in the middle of meetings to see what I can do.

As stallion improves you'll see us relax some of our policies and start targetting into "cloud like" services. We have per server ipv6 /64's (even on openvz) about to roll out this week with some other big features in the week or so after that.

Francisco

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

If any ND clients are interested in staying in the same data center / same network in Atlanta, please feel free to PM me and we'll price match the deal you have now.

• I think this is clear. If there's any more to discuss, please let me know. Or contact NodeDeploy.

This discussion has been closed.