Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions.ro Black friday presales ! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions.ro Black friday presales !

Comments

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited November 2019

@lowendclient said:

@rahulks said:

lowendclient said: It exists before 2008, disappears since then.

So are/were Visa and MasterCard debit cards issued before 2008, still honoured up to their expiry date by Chinese banks ?

No. My Debit card with VISA has been locked by the bank although it hasn't expired. I asked them about the issue, the bank said my card is too old to use and should change for a new one. So they give me a new Debit card with out VISA days later...

May i ask, what all you have to go through to get a credit card with Visa or MasterCard logo in china ?
    @FlyOverPacificOcean

• @rahulks said:

@lowendclient said:

@rahulks said:

So are/were Visa and MasterCard debit cards issued before 2008, still honoured up to their expiry date by Chinese banks ?

No. My Debit card with VISA has been locked by the bank although it hasn't expired. I asked them about the issue, the bank said my card is too old to use and should change for a new one. So they give me a new Debit card with out VISA days later...

May i ask, what all you have to go through to get a credit card with Visa or MasterCard logo in china ?
    @FlyOverPacificOcean

You need to deposit $ 100,000 in the bank, they will upgrade you to VIP, give you a VISA card, and give you a bow, will not let you queue up for business. There are also suitable for dating beautiful women.

• @FlyOverPacificOcean said:

@poisson said:

@FlyOverPacificOcean said:
    I want to represent the Chinese. They are eager for a low price offer. There are many people like me in hostloc. The number is beyond your estimation.

Know when to stop. Otherwise, it ends up backfiring.

适可而止,否则弄巧反拙

I do not know what you're talking about

People are finding you annoying and you continue with claims of "representing" Chinese people. You are probably making non-Chinese have a worse impression. Please increase your EQ.

人家已经嫌你烦,你还在喊啥代表中国人,反而让别人对中国人更加反感。拜托情商提高点。

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @cociu said:

@rahulks said:

Visa and Mastercard Generally, only Chinese banks have only issued credit cards and never issued debit cards.

You know, there are very few foreign banks in China. 99.9% are state-owned banks in China.

if i go to china i am obligated to play the rules there, if you came in Romania will be the same. So i think is clear. Any way still dont know what client of mine you are because i have no receive your PM.

That sums it up.

So shut the f*ck up @FlyOverPacificOcean, if there is no Paypal or Alipay then tough titties. Go get a credit or debit card.

• @poisson said:

@poisson said:

I want to represent the Chinese. They are eager for a low price offer. There are many people like me in hostloc. The number is beyond your estimation.

适可而止,否则弄巧反拙

People are finding you annoying and you continue with claims of "representing" Chinese people. You are probably making non-Chinese have a worse impression. Please increase your EQ.

Thanks for reminding, I went to buy a few more VPS and went to sleep. I'm going to shut up. Sorry!

• @cociu said:

FlyOverPacificOcean said: I want to represent the Chinese. They are eager for a low price offer. There are many people like me in hostloc. The number is beyond your estimation.

Let put this clear , i respect chiness people and every people from this world , i never been racist and i still accept chiness customers and i will still accept. BUT you must to know something , in order to function all here we need to colect money and pay our bills. Now if we face with many chargeback and after this paypal blocked ... is not worth the risk. We have tiketing for this and we have skype too to resolve any issue amically . IN more than 80% of chargeback is chiness people who instead of open a tiket is open directly dispute in paypal WITHOWT OPEN A SINGLE TIKET. So yes we are reserved start from last week to accept or not any dubious transaction in paypal.

From what I know, some of them start a dispute just because it is convenient and fast🤮; some of them have opened the tickets but get no respond, then they start the disputes. dispute without reasonable causes is now been disdained by most of the chinese, but it exist still.

@FlyOverPacificOcean I think you should calm down and do some research and then start talking again. (about credit/debit card)

• @rahulks said:

@lowendclient said:

@rahulks said:

@FlyOverPacificOcean

Providing proof of assets, house and work. If you don't have a stable high-income work (eg. student, workers at bottom), you are not allowed to get a Credit card with Visa.

• @tinnytinybird said:

@cociu said:

FlyOverPacificOcean said: I want to represent the Chinese. They are eager for a low price offer. There are many people like me in hostloc. The number is beyond your estimation.

Let put this clear , i respect chiness people and every people from this world , i never been racist and i still accept chiness customers and i will still accept. BUT you must to know something , in order to function all here we need to colect money and pay our bills. Now if we face with many chargeback and after this paypal blocked ... is not worth the risk. We have tiketing for this and we have skype too to resolve any issue amically . IN more than 80% of chargeback is chiness people who instead of open a tiket is open directly dispute in paypal WITHOWT OPEN A SINGLE TIKET. So yes we are reserved start from last week to accept or not any dubious transaction in paypal.

From what I know, some of them start a dispute just because it is convenient and fast🤮; some of them have opened the tickets but get no respond, then they start the disputes. dispute without reasonable causes is now been disdained by most of the chinese, but it exist still.

@FlyOverPacificOcean I think you should calm down and do some research and then start talking again. (about credit/debit card)

The Chinese will not feel ashamed of the PayPal controversy. Similarly, the quality of HostSolutions is average, but I believe he repaired the panel and will become rich. Just support Alipay.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:
    Yes. Anyone can do one-time bench and say bad things. I do for one month and I don't believe I am wrong. Also I didn't tell @cociu when I tested because I didn't want him to cheat by moving my box to an empty node. My results speak for themselves.

For the sake of correctness:

• @cociu didn't know about my testing beforehand
    • I usually do many runs over multiple days at diverse times of day.
    • I did the storage VPS benchmark as a customer on my own VPS.

Plus I of course use that VPS often and I saw no problems so far. But maybe I'm on a lucky node.

All in all my result was and stays so far: That storage VPS is outstanding value for the money and it works about as fast as two other brand name and way more expensive storage VPS I have.

... Your experience makes the evidence stronger to recommend a buy for Hostsolutions from now on.

No. To become a recommended provider HostSolutions first must very much enhance their support. It seems that cociu has taken some positive steps but I'd like to see real and steady progress for some months first.
    But yes, they seem to have become better in different aspects and I'm a happy storageVPS customer so far (who needed very little support until now).

Thanked by 2poisson kennsann
  • Do the VPS have internal network?

• @jsg said:

@poisson said:
    Yes. Anyone can do one-time bench and say bad things. I do for one month and I don't believe I am wrong. Also I didn't tell @cociu when I tested because I didn't want him to cheat by moving my box to an empty node. My results speak for themselves.

For the sake of correctness:

• @cociu didn't know about my testing beforehand
    • I usually do many runs over multiple days at diverse times of day.
    • I did the storage VPS benchmark as a customer on my own VPS.

Plus I of course use that VPS often and I saw no problems so far. But maybe I'm on a lucky node.

All in all my result was and stays so far: That storage VPS is outstanding value for the money and it works about as fast as two other brand name and way more expensive storage VPS I have.

Wasn't referring to you :)

Can't beat your thorough technical analysis for absolutely reliable raw performance.

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited November 2019

FlyOverPacificOcean said: Just support Alipay.

Don't you just sound like your Chinese banks ? when they said

FlyOverPacificOcean said: Debit cards are only UnionPay cards

Instead of complaining at @cociu to

Ask your banks to support

rahulks said: Visa and MasterCard debit cards

For the common Chinese people, If they don't budge get the courts involved.

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@poisson said:

适可而止,否则弄巧反拙

You know in Mainland China, parents always said 'Catch any chance to practice English', when I meet an English speaker, they can force me talk to him until he die :lol:

Fortunately I went to UK later, made dozens of arguments (About water, trash bin, TV license etc) and do not enjoy endless talking with English speaker anymore...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Always drama on @cociu threads, anyone on the fence I recommend you go ahead and bite the bullet, for the price it's well worth it

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @lowendclient said:

@poisson said:

@poisson said:

适可而止,否则弄巧反拙

You know in Mainland China, parents always said 'Catch any chance to practice English', when I meet an English speaker, they can force me talk to him until he die :lol:

Fortunately I went to UK later, made dozens of arguments (About water, trash bin, TV license etc) and do not enjoy endless talking with English speaker anymore...

I'm going to bed, it's late, good night, friend. This is really low-end and has no practical meaning. High-end hosting providers will not come here.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2019

I'm going to bed, it's late, good night, friend. This is really low-end and has no practical meaning. High-end hosting providers will not come here.

Wait what. Are you telling me Hetzner and OVH are not high-end enough?

• Anyone shows the bench.sh of 1tb hdd vps?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 2lowendclient poisson
  • @rahulks said:

Don't you just sound like your Chinese banks ? when they said

FlyOverPacificOcean said: Debit cards are only UnionPay cards

Instead of complaining at @cociu to

Ask your banks to support

rahulks said: Visa and MasterCard debit cards

For the common Chinese people, If they don't budge get the courts involved.

People will lose the lawsuit without doubt :lol:
    For me, the most convenience way to solve the problem is to take a flight to the U.S., applying for a Visa Card and then purchase for Hostsolutions.
    Not kidding, I already got a passport visa to the U.S., just planning when to go before my Hostsolutions server expire...

• @FlyOverPacificOcean said:

@lowendclient said:

@poisson said:

@poisson said:

适可而止,否则弄巧反拙

Can someone please shut this guy up. I think he has already violated the golden rule of the forum which is "don't be a dick" and he's been a dick since the start.

• @FlyOverPacificOcean fly back man

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited November 2019

@stevevps said:
    Anyone shows the bench.sh of 1tb hdd vps?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Common KVM processor
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 1795.667 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 993.1 GB (550.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 481 MB (272 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 15 days, 0 hour 37 min
    Load average         : 0.34, 0.11, 0.03
    OS                   : Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.15.0-66-generic
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 19.9 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 20.8 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 19.6 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 20.1 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         17.3MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           4.38MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            4.19MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           11.1MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           12.8MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             6.01MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           6.09MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          5.22MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            14.4MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           4.94MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          4.81MB/s

Note: not mine, someone posted this on a reddit page where I advertised this offer of cociu.

If you are interested in the 4TB version, which I have here it is,

Number of cores      : 2
    Total size of Disk   : 4096.1 GB (3379.2 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 3946 MB (737 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 13 days, 0 hour 24 min
    Load average         : 0.11, 0.23, 0.28
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 10
    Kernel               : 4.19.0-6-amd64
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 96.9 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 77.4 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 73.4 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 82.6 MB/s
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         27.9MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           7.60MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            6.66MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           18.8MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           14.9MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             11.9MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           7.78MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          7.30MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            24.1MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           6.19MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          6.63MB/s

Thanked by 2lowendclient uptime
  • lowendclient said: People will lose the lawsuit without doubt

How so ? could you share facts supporting this ?

• @kennsann said:

@stevevps said:

Note: not mine, someone posted this on a reddit page where I advertised this offer of cociu.

Thank you, i thought io would be more than 60.....

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited November 2019

@stevevps said:

@kennsann said:

@stevevps said:

Thank you, i thought io would be more than 60.....

Mine had avg. 82. Not sure why his was that low. Probably he was doing something with the disk. It would be nice to get another test.

• Could be possible if several heavy users write to the disk at the same time.

Here is a fresh bench.sh completed a minute ago:

CPU frequency        : 1795.672 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 1008.1 GB (5.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 481 MB (54 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1023 MB (24 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 28 days, 19 hour 17 min
    Load average         : 0.17, 0.22, 0.09
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 242 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 258 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 213 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 237.7 MB/s
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         34.2MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           5.04MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            5.30MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           20.5MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           22.5MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             7.32MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           6.74MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          5.97MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            34.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           6.12MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          5.12MB/s

Thanked by 2kennsann uptime
  • @poisson said:
    Could be possible if several heavy users write to the disk at the same time.

Well, that's a lot better.

• @cociu i thought this because its posted only on this forum

• Ok thank you guys.

• @kennsann said:

@poisson said:
    Could be possible if several heavy users write to the disk at the same time.

Well, that's a lot better.

I personally would check for long-term performance, as I did in a long-term review posted in an earlier comment because you may hit random unlucky situations when a few heavy users write at the same time for an hour. Your speeds will be screwed up then. For the most part it should be stable.