Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVHCloud Black Friday Deals - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVHCloud Black Friday Deals

Comments

• The vps deal is recurring. A rep mentioned it over on discord : D

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Unmetered 100Mbps! Recurring Discount! Nice offer!

• @muffin said:
    The vps deal is recurring. A rep mentioned it over on discord : D

What's the discord?

Thanks.

• @zhujiwiki said:

@muffin said:

What's the discord?

Thanks.

It’s LET’s Official Discoed

• @muffin said:

@zhujiwiki said:

@muffin said:

What's the discord?

Thanks.

It’s LET’s Official Discoed

Hail Eris!

• donli said: Hail Eris!

OVH struck a (dis)c(h)ord.

• @muffin said:

That's not what's stated on the site. Some random joe on a discord does not beat TOS.

• Accept terms and conditions:

After the promotion period ends, you will be charged the regular price of $35.88 USD.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Useless.. Dedicated servers are only 1st month discount. And even you can't pay for entire year.

• Shot2 said: That's not what's stated on the site.

Hmm. Reminds me about a similar promotion for their SG cloud VPS launch which also only for the 1st year (IIRC they had a later on offer that gave recurring pricing at the launch price).

Confused here as well - because usually like the KS or SYS offers, the wording is as long as you hold the contract the price will be maintained.

Thinking...

• I asked their support about recurring
    He replied:
    Hello again,

Hope you are well rested. Apologies for not adding a note earlier but I have confirmed thru https://us.ovhcloud.com/black-friday that VPS will be indeed billed at $18, or $17.88 to be exact.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out via chat or support ticket.

Regards

I think it's still not clear enouth...

• Don't remember there was ever recurring BF deals at ovh.

• After the promotion period ends, you will be charged the regular price of $35.88 USD.

• do they give out /64 or one ipv6, or none from this location?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@tenpera said:
    do they give out /64 or one ipv6, or none from this location?

Pretty sure it's the same as the other locs for VPS, single IPv6 address. But I'm not 100% certain.

• @Shot2 said:

@muffin said:

That's not what's stated on the site. Some random joe on a discord does not beat TOS.

@Mxl said:
    Accept terms and conditions:

After the promotion period ends, you will be charged the regular price of $35.88 USD.

I can’t seem to find the text?

• The vps hdd space not enough....no love

• muffin said: I can’t seem to find the text?

Thanked by 1muffin
  • @nhocconan said:

muffin said: I can’t seem to find the text?

Hmm... : /

• @stevevps said:
    I asked their support about recurring
    He replied:
    Hello again,

Hope you are well rested. Apologies for not adding a note earlier but I have confirmed thru https://us.ovhcloud.com/black-friday that VPS will be indeed billed at $18, or $17.88 to be exact.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out via chat or support ticket.

Regards

I think it's still not clear enouth...

On the contrary I believe this response clearly and explicitly tells an implicit truth which is, people don't like it though, this BF promo is one-shot, without expected recurring joy.

• Since this offer is available up to December 3rd, you can place an order on the last day, and switch to a different offer on the next Black Friday "week".

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • I just got a response from OVHcloud US Support .

"The promo for Black Friday is grandfathered in at this price as long as you keep the VPS or any service that is eligible."

I purchased a VPS based on that. Hopefully its accurate.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • OVHcloud_jamesOVHcloud_james Member, Host Rep

Hello Everyone,

These promotions will be honored throughout the duration of your services even upon renewal. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks!

James M

• OVHcloud marketing staff, you could benefit from something like this: https://www.plainlanguage.gov/

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2019

OVHcloud_james said:

These promotions will be honored throughout the duration of your services even upon renewal. Sorry for any confusion.

Is this for real? If so, how come you didn't write that clearly on the order page?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

OVHcloud_james said: Thanks!

James M

I wonder if there's any proof you are affiliated with OVH, after all you don't have the "Provider" tag on this forum, and anyone could sign up and make 4 posts like that.

Thanked by 4Shot2 datanoise DP marrco
  • @datanoise said:

OVHcloud_james said:

Is this for real? If so, how come you didn't write that clearly on the order page?

Yea:

Thank you for reaching out to OVHcloud US Sales!

The Black Friday promotional pricing will be grandfathered for the life of the subscription. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
    Jeremy Spielberg
    Manager, Growth & Retention
    OVHcloud US

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited November 2019

Doubtful.

Thank you for reaching out to OVHclown US Sales!

The Black Friday promotional pricing won't be grandfathered for the life of the
        subscription. Shut up and give your money. Please let me know if you have any
        additional questions.

Sincerely,
        Stephen Spielberg
        Manager, Gross & Urine Retention
        OVHclown BelongToUS

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

No cloud on the west coast?