Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVHCloud Black Friday Deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVHCloud Black Friday Deals

Just received the following Black Friday email!

https://us.ovhcloud.com/black-friday

Thanked by 2SteveMC coreflux

Comments

• So is it recurring price?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Damn, wish it was for the other locations in EU :|

Thanked by 2vrasidas commercial
  • @stevevps said:
    So is it recurring price?

Wondering the same. The $1.50 / month for

• 1 Core KVM
    • 20GB SSD
    • Unmetered 100Mbps

is a pretty good deal, although paid annually. I paid for that full, wish it was more than 100Mbps though. And it runs on pretty old hardware, 12xxv2.

• @OPNodes said:

@stevevps said:
    So is it recurring price?

Wondering the same. The $1.50 / month for

• 1 Core KVM
    • 20GB SSD
    • Unmetered 100Mbps

is a pretty good deal, although paid annually. I paid for that full, wish it was more than 100Mbps though. And it runs on pretty old hardware, 12xxv2.

If 1.5 * 12 is the recurring price , that's really good , but i don't know if it is :<

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

stevevps said: So is it recurring price?

Usually OVH's deals like this are not recurring, but this time it doesn't say that anywhere.

OPNodes said: Unmetered 100Mbps

...and DDoS protection, with the "always on" mode available, and configurable firewall (i.e. better grade than on Kimsufi).

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2019

The information on whether it's recurring or not is nowhere to be seen. I guess it means that it's not recurring. Their US location is interesting even though their CA location was already quite good for both american & eu traffic.

• Sad about it . Just let it go :smile:

Thanked by 1DP

@stevevps said:
    Sad about it . Just let it go :smile:

Thanked by 2TheKiller Ganonk
  • @datanoise said:
    The information on whether it's recurring or not is nowhere to be seen. I guess it means that it's not recurring. Their US location is interesting even though their CA location was already quite good for both american & eu traffic.

Even for the monthly ones? I can understand annual billing not being recurring, but not the monthly/dedi.

Speaking of OVH, I raised a ticket on 13/11/2019 with regards to VAT exemption, and sent them the necessary documents the following day, and have not heard from them ever since :joy:

Has anyone gone through this and know how long it takes? I keep updating the case asking for updates but no one ever replies.

edited November 2019

OPNodes said: Even for the monthly ones?

I checked the yearly VPS. No idea about their dedi, but given how it shows up in the cart, it seems like it's recurring. And they did recurring promotions in the past for dedis.

• read the small letters

Thanked by 3DP AlwaysSkint Falzo
  • ^ be warned: no additional IPs and licences on the BV-VPS, as I later discovered. :-(

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Useless offer. $17.88 for first year only. After that $35.88 per year.

• Your subscription will be renewed automatically next month on your service's expiry date, and you will be charged a portion of the $17.88 USD (plus applicable tax) subscription price, pro rata for the remainder of next month. Your subscription will then automatically renew on the first day of every subsequent month, and you will be charged $17.88 USD (plus applicable tax) for the number of billing periods remaining in the promotion period. After the promotion period ends, you will be charged the regular price of $35.88 USD. You may cancel your subscription at any time from the OVH Control Panel, by submitting a support request. If you cancel your subscription, previous payments will not be refunded, but you may continue to use the service until the end of the currently paid subscription term.

Based on this, on the summary page, only a 1 yr promo

• alilet said: Useless offer

$2-3 for a 2gb ram vps is already good enough, much less half price...

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint Ganonk
  • hzr said: $2-3 for a 2gb ram vps is already good enough, much less half price...

LEB is better :wink:

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2019

Shot2 said: read the small letters

To be fair this doesn't say anything about the price for the 2nd year. That's just their standard fine print to explain what exactly are you paying for right now. Try making an order without applying any coupon, and you will see the same wording.

krenken said: After the promotion period ends, you will be charged the regular price of $35.88 USD.

But ok, of course here's our answer.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited November 2019

vovler said: LEB is better :wink:

is the promotion get 6 months for the price of 3 years? i don't dislike cc, i just hate their lowest crap resellers. would like it if LEB listed a few good cc hosts once in a while that are at least slightly reputable.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

We got a prem deal today in Discord, this is why having the OVH team in discord is prem.....

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Jord said:
    We got a prem deal today in Discord, this is why having the OVH team in discord is prem.....

It's the same deal that's on their website.

Thanked by 1Papafathead
  • @hzr said:

alilet said: Useless offer

$2-3 for a 2gb ram vps is already good enough, much less half price...

Agreed, that's why I paid full price a few weeks back. East Coast USA, and you can be confident they'll still be here the coming years.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@MikeA said:

@Jord said:

There's always someone who ruins the fun :joy: I was trying to make it sound like we got some good deals sir hahah

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

@Jord said:

@MikeA said:

@Jord said:

There's always someone who ruins the fun :joy: I was trying to make it sound like we got some good deals sir hahah

I was joking OVH just gave everyone in Discord a free year of VPS.

disclaimer: from anonymous source that may not be legitimate

• Doesn't say for first year only on the dedicated servers, but I can't tell if it's recurring or not. would be good to know for sure

• MikeA said: everyone in Discord a free year of VPS.

That's nothing. I heard they gave the early users in Discord a free year of a Dedi.

note: from an unverifiable illegitimate source that is anonymous.

• nullnothere said: That's nothing. I heard they gave the early users in Discord a free year of a Dedi.

Can confirm I got 6 months of free dedi (this is not a joke post)

edited November 2019

hzr said: a few good cc hosts once in a while that are at least slightly reputable.

That's the issue with CC hosts. People love Virmach because they give out cheap deals, that makes sense, but it's just another arm of CC. Cheap deals, working well appear interesting. But will these "recurring" deals be here in a few months/years? CC stuff might be worth it to idle, or to experiment a bit. For anything serious, seems like it's worth every penny to use a better provider, even if it's going to be slightly more expensive.

It seems to me that their quick-cash approach is pretty stupid in the long run as it makes every CC powered host appear as a potential scammer / an host that could disappear anytime if/when CC decides do (VortexNode style), even though that's not necessarily the case.

Can "a fex good cc hosts" really be any good? Technically, why not; but looking at the wider picture, well, one can have doubts.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @nullnothere said:

MikeA said: everyone in Discord a free year of VPS.

That's nothing. I heard they gave the early users in Discord a free year of a Dedi.

note: from an unverifiable illegitimate source that is anonymous.

Thanked by 1Ganonk