Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick review of drServer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quick review of drServer

danielhmdanielhm Member
edited November 2019 in Reviews

https://drserver.net/dedicated.php - ordered their $16 USD server w/ the $4 recurring discount coupon.

Very quick delivery of a (relatively) high performance server. I was looking for a provider better support but similarly priced to Kimsufi, and I found them (they're cheaper actually, as you don't pay VAT when you're from the EU whereas Kimsufi does). They're brilliant. Support is great, and server provisioned very quickly.

Great choice of OSs, installed fast, self-serve panel is good (looks a little dated) but serves the purpose good enough.

Tested support - first response in minutes.

10/10

Comments

• @danielhm said:
    https://drserver.net/dedicated.php - ordered their $12 USD server w/ the $4 recurring discount coupon.

Very quick delivery of a (relatively) high performance server. I was looking for a provider better support but similarly priced to Kimsufi, and I found them (they're cheaper actually, as you don't pay VAT when you're from the EU whereas Kimsufi does). They're brilliant. Support is great, and server provisioned very quickly.

Great choice of OSs, installed fast, self-serve panel is good (looks a little dated) but serves the purpose good enough.

Tested support - first response in minutes.

10/10

Happy to hear that you've had a great experience with drServer who is on my whitelist of reliable hosts. Just putting it out here that he actually has customer support who can communicate in Chinese, and he's the only one that I know of so far in the lowend space that has that unique service.

Thanked by 4Radi MikePT liujia vyas11
  • DrServer is a great provider indeed. Its great to see positive reviews on here, not just the "I didnt pay my bill and I got cut off!! Host is a scam for doing that!!" that have been flooding LET lately

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks for the kind words, our pleasure to be of service. :smile:

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

@Radi Presumably this doesn't work with the hard disk server?

This coupon cannot be applied to your order

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @Radi Presumably this doesn't work with the hard disk server?

This coupon cannot be applied to your order

The 500 GB one is already discounted at $12/month. No further discount is possible.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Radi said: The 500 GB one is already discounted at $12/month. No further discount is possible.

You should make that clear.

• danielhmdanielhm Member
    edited November 2019

@AlwaysSkint said:

Radi said: The 500 GB one is already discounted at $12/month. No further discount is possible.

Sorry my OP was misleading too, it was the $16 server with a $4 discount. Edited.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@danielhm said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Radi said: The 500 GB one is already discounted at $12/month. No further discount is possible.

Sorry my OP was misleading too, it was the $16 server with a $4 discount. Edited.

For awhile I thought that it was hell of a deal for $8 :joy:

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • thedp said: For awhile I thought that it was hell of a deal for $8

With additional IPs, it may have matched my Kansas City deal from a few years ago.;)

• Anyone know if additional IPs are available on the @Radi $12 server and cost?

• I am with drServer since years and I am really happy with the performance, friendly support and great deal I've hunted several years ago (due some problems they have added me some RAM, disk and CPU). Running Windows without any hassle. Recommended.

Thanked by 2drserver Radi
  • AlwaysSkint said: Anyone know if additional IPs are available on the @Radi $12 server and cost?

@drserver Can they be added?

@AlwaysSkint said:

AlwaysSkint said: Anyone know if additional IPs are available on the @Radi $12 server and cost?

@drserver Can they be added?

Open ticket with required amount and justification so we can give you quote.