Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is kazila.com down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is kazila.com down?

I own karcist.theronware.com, a VPS box at Kazila. That box has been unresponsive for months. So has kazila. I've had tickets there for months with no activity. They won't even cancel my service, although they certainly keep charging for it.

Are they known to have stopped providing VPS service? Does anyone know how to contact them and get an actual response?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sue them.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ... y tho?

• @deank said:
    Sue them.

For two or three $17 charges? Yeah, right.

I'm asking if anyone knows what's up, not about what to do if they're actually scumbags.

Thanked by 1kkrajk

To be a man, a kid must sue.

Thanked by 2uptime vyas11
  • Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1chardin
  • Ask Godzilla's help.

Thanked by 2uptime chardin
  • @angstrom said:
    Congrats on your first post

Thanks! I hope someone with knowledge of Kazila's situation responds.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @chardin said:

@angstrom said:
    Congrats on your first post

Thanks! I hope someone with knowledge of Kazila's situation responds.

I've never heard of Kazila. Unfortunately, I don't think that they have an official representative here.

• @kazila seems like they are one.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

hello @chardin - I don't know nothin about no kazila, boss ... just that it seems like they've been in business since 2008 but they have been shit for a while:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/kazila-1gb-ram-ssd-xen-pv-4-50month-dallas-texas/

Did you find them via lowendbox? Oh well, that sucks. Now you know better I hope.

Might also check to see if they're still active on twitter - that might help shake loose some response. Otherwise maybe don't waste your time - just document your cancellation (cc yourself an email or whatever) - and maybe get those charges reversed via your credit card / paypal / their payment provider (or whatever).

If you've cancelled your service then they really shouldn't be charging you any more, ammirite?

• @chardin said:
    @kazila seems like they are one.

Ah, you're right. But not active since August 22, and their last offer was posted in July 2017 and didn't spark much interest.

The site kazila.com is up but seems a bit like a ghost town.

So you can't ping your server?

• @angstrom said:

Correct.

• @uptime said:
    If you've cancelled your service then they really shouldn't be charging you any more, ammirite?

Contacted my credit union, which issued the card they're charging. Apparently they need proof of consent from Kazila to stop charging me, or we have to cancel the card altogether. I may cancel the card, not sure yet.

If you know of a way to stop Kazila itself from doing this, I'm all ears.

I went onto twitter to confront them. Seems I'm not alone, especially lately. I think Kazila are fraudsters now, whatever they may have been before.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • chardin said: they need proof of consent from Kazila to stop charging me

oy ... that sounds very wrong. I would cancel my card and change credit unions while I'm at it (all other things being equal, I know it's not that easy to do but ... that just seems very very lame. And wrong.)

also, fuck kazila and the lowendbox they rode in on.

Thanked by 2chardin angstrom
  • @chardin said:

@angstrom said:

Correct.

Their test IP, 202.173.118.10 , is pingable and geolocates to Dallas, belonging to Kazila. So the company probably still exists.

But, yeah, it looks bad if your server is offline and they don't answer your tickets. Probably an imminent deadpool is on the horizon.

Do you have a backup of your data?

Otherwise, as @uptime said, stop paying and move on.

Sorry to hear this.

Thanked by 1chardin
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@chardin said:
    Contacted my credit union, which issued the card they're charging. Apparently they need proof of consent from Kazila to stop charging me, or we have to cancel the card altogether. I may cancel the card, not sure yet.

If you know of a way to stop Kazila itself from doing this, I'm all ears.

I went onto twitter to confront them. Seems I'm not alone, especially lately. I think Kazila are fraudsters now, whatever they may have been before.

Cancel the card. There is no way to stop them from charging automatically if you can't remove your card from their billing on your end.

You never know what happened, the guy is clearly MIA. Maybe there are things like personal or health issues that prevent him from handling things, or maybe he's moved on to something else outside of hosting/IT (which obvious would be very irresponsible). But you never know what happened.

Thanked by 2uptime angstrom
  • @MikeA said:
    You never know what happened, the guy is clearly MIA. Maybe there are things like personal or health issues that prevent him from handling things, or maybe he's moved on to something else outside of hosting/IT (which obvious would be very irresponsible). But you never know what happened.

Then he should have notified his customers. There's no excuse for a company failing this hard. Providers, like Un*x commands, should not fail silently.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@chardin said:

@MikeA said:

Then he should have notified his customers. There's no excuse for a company failing this hard. Providers, like Un*x commands, should not fail silently.

Of course. My point I guess is that it's odd that he disappeared, considering he constantly advertised remote hands work, and for someone doing what seems like a lot of remote hands for companies it's surprising they would just pop away for months since that's not deadpool type work.

Thanked by 2chardin uptime
  • @MikeA said:
    Of course. My point I guess is that it's odd that he disappeared, considering he constantly advertised remote hands work, and for someone doing what seems like a lot of remote hands for companies it's surprising they would just pop away for months since that's not deadpool type work.

You're right, that's odd. I would not expect that.

They don't list a phone number, or any means of contacting them other than their ticket system (which they appear to be ignoring) or a physical address (which may be vacant at this writing, not sure).

• This particular customer was suspended indefinitely due to numerous abuse complaints we received. Any payments that were made by the client since that period have been refunded.

We provide an unmanged service and we are not obligated to reply to customers that abuse our services. In addition, this client was given several warnings.

Other than that, it's best you all keep your assumptions to yourself before jumping to conclusions.

I can supply information to the admins if necessary. I request that the admin please close this thread.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Oh well, just wait for BF and he might just reappear :joy:

• I got refunded for three months of no service just now. Hurray!

I have the data off of my server, so I'm good.

I guess speaking up worked!

• Nobody reactivated his/her services. I just received a threatening email from this individual which I will be reporting to the local authorities.

• kazilakazila Member
    edited November 2019

Supplying proof to admin in request for this thread to be closed.

• Nobody reactivated them? The issue is that you deactivated my server and didn't pay me back.

I notice you didn't do anything until you got an angry email. A shame that this was required.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @chardin said:
    Nobody reactivated them? The issue is that you deactivated my server and didn't pay me back.

I notice you didn't do anything until you got an angry email. A shame that this was required.

I have instructed my staff not to reply to customers who have been terminated after numerous warnings. Also, we provide an unmanaged service and are not obligated to reply to you. The billing issue has been corrected. Best of luck to you.

• Funny how you never reported any abuse complaints to me.

I think you're lying.

• Also, how about all of the other tweets by people whose servers aren't working?

And if it was an abuse shutdown, how come you kept charging me?

I think you're a scammer.

• kazilakazila Member
    edited November 2019

@chardin said:
    Funny how you never reported any abuse complaints to me.

I think you're lying.

We are not in the business of suspending a customers service unless we really have to. This rarely happens. In this case, the decision by our team member was made to suspend your services indefinitely after several complaints we received directly. We are looking to keep things clean on our network and we gave you many chances over several months but received no reply. I have all the necessary documentation and information in writing to back up my claim.

I will not reply any further. Best of luck at your new provider.

So much PMS.

Thanked by 2chardin uptime