Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need server for video enocoding x264 and x265
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need server for video enocoding x264 and x265

hello,

this is my first post here so please be kind to me

i need seniors advice on the dedicated severe for encoding on Handbrake video faster and smaller size and better quality of course.
for the resolution i will do 540p-720p on both x264 and x265
ny budget is under 65$-70$
if any better offers will came on black friday in discount i can wait it

for plaese give me advice ...

Thanks

Comments

• Best CPU per $ is Hetzner auction.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 2x 512 GB SSD, 64GB RAM for 55€ ~60$

• That's kinda overkill ngl.
    Do you need to encode large sources / many videos at once, etc.?

• @bluesega said:
    That's kinda overkill ngl.
    Do you need to encode large sources / many videos at once, etc.?

ill encode from 1080p 3gb file 1&2hours on slower 24/7 ill need lots of space in HDD

• The Ryzen has enough cores for your needs. If you really have a lot of videos, get one with GTX1080 and do Nvenc. I tried transcoding big files using x264 with 4 core overclocked 4.4ghz Intel i5 6600k and my GTX1070 with nvec.. the CPU takes 30 minutes the GPU took 3 minutes wtf

• @poisson said:
    The Ryzen has enough cores for your needs. If you really have a lot of videos, get one with GTX1080 and do Nvenc. I tried transcoding big files using x264 with 4 core overclocked 4.4ghz Intel i5 6600k and my GTX1070 with nvec.. the CPU takes 30 minutes the GPU took 3 minutes wtf

how much the cost will be and can u give me the site name

• If you can live with 100mbps then get a Kimsufi i5 server, that will sufficient for handbrake.

• For enocoding search for cpu with gpu integrated.

• @poisson said:
    the GPU took 3 minutes wtf

But can it run Crysis?

• @pike said:

@poisson said:

But can it run Crysis?

It can.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @pike said:

@poisson said:

But can it run Crysis?

Should be. It is a GTX1070, which isn't weak stuff. Reasonable fps is probably ok

Thanked by 1pike
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited November 2019

@LTniger said:
    For enocoding search for cpu with gpu integrated.

Someone tried that. Not ideal if high quality, and I think renting servers for this task is too expensive. Cheaper to roll your own physical tower with used parts. The cost of my current setup built using 2nd hand parts wouldn't last 3 months renting a server with equivalent specs.