Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New way to spam? Send via website contact forms. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New way to spam? Send via website contact forms.

2»

Comments

• @somik said:
    @bikegremlin @poisson
    Currently I'm working on my own PHP based captcha solution. Nothing fancy, just a simple addition or subtraction.

See example:

I like that solution. Think it should prevent most bots.
    But, like with all the security/anti spam policies - it's a tradeoff between (user) convenience and safety. Main advantage of v3 captcha is that it can be set to completely invisible, only stepping in when the activity looks like a bot. Seems to work pretty good for now (knock on wood).

• @bikegremlin said:

@somik said:
    @bikegremlin @poisson
    Currently I'm working on my own PHP based captcha solution. Nothing fancy, just a simple addition or subtraction.

See example:

I like that solution. Think it should prevent most bots.
    But, like with all the security/anti spam policies - it's a tradeoff between (user) convenience and safety. Main advantage of v3 captcha is that it can be set to completely invisible, only stepping in when the activity looks like a bot. Seems to work pretty good for now (knock on wood).

Yes, that's a big trade of this with captcha. I mean it started to annoy me even when I was testing and tweaking it. I might give up on this and stick with v3 until I start getting messages again...

• the only solution from spam is by removing contact form, comment form, from site...

and, removing the site from the net...

spammer never die :neutral:

• @masedi said:
    the only solution from spam is by removing contact form, comment form, from site...

That's too extreme...

• @masedi said:
    the only solution from spam is by removing contact form, comment form, from site...

Thanks for your useful advice.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Consider adding a hidden input field with JS, most bots won't be rendering the JS to do it. The caveat is that your users should also have javascript enabled to use the form.

For you Wordpress users, apparently you can massively reduce spam by removing the "URL" field in your comment form.

• @masedi said:

Why do I have the impression that you're pointing a gun at us?