Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Los Angeles VPS - Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Los Angeles VPS - Down

Good morning everyone,

I recently purchased a VPS from Los Angeles VPS and I'm very satisfied with my service so far.
BUT last night I purchased a reseller package from them hoping it would be all set up by the morning, only to find that I can not connect to losangelesvps.com. does anyone have any insight as to what is going on with the website. Is it temporary?

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I'm sorry but how would we know? Maybe contact their support email and ask them.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

You also signed up yesterday, to just post this thread perhaps? and or a review?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

the domain "losangelesvps.com" was registered with namecheap in June 2018, and registrant info is hidden behind namecheap's privacy protection service ("WhoisGuard")

the IP address associated with losangelesvps.com seems to be owned by AS35913 aka dedipath.com

so ... I might be inclined to speculate that either dedipath is this outfit's upstream (most likely scenario) - or their parent company (also possible, I suppose).

wondering what else would OP like to know about losangelesvps.com ...?

All things considered - at this point, if you're losing millions due to whatever downtime, then it may be best to just move on from this one. Or stick it out and see if things improve. It don't make no nevermind to me .... :wink:

Thanked by 2ITLabs dtuando
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• If your VPS is in LA it's probably a traffic or gang problem.

• @shallownorthdakota said:
    If your VPS is in LA it's probably a traffic or gang problem.

Haha I'll run with your answer and hope things get solved soon!

• @Jord said:
    I'm sorry but how would we know? Maybe contact their support email and ask them.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do some more research and try to contact them directly.

• @uptime said:
    the domain "losangelesvps.com" was registered with namecheap in June 2018, and registrant info is hidden behind namecheap's privacy protection service ("WhoisGuard")

the IP address associated with losangelesvps.com seems to be owned by AS35913 aka dedipath.com

so ... I might be inclined to speculate that either dedipath is this outfit's upstream (most likely scenario) - or their parent company (also possible, I suppose).

wondering what else would OP like to know about losangelesvps.com ...?

All things considered - at this point, if you're losing millions due to whatever downtime, then it may be best to just move on from this one. Or stick it out and see if things improve. It don't make no nevermind to me .... :wink:

Thank you I Did do a whois already and I guess your right since I'm not losing money I will wait it out And see what happens.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I know, I saw that.. their offers are pretty attractive. Maybe I'll consider giving them a try

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • I would not suggest using LosAngelesVPS to anyone.
    Here are the reasons:

a) LosAngelesVPS is very slow. Probably because it is oversold and/or processing power is not adequate, maybe for other reasons. I was using 4 CPU cores VPS plan and the same processes that I ran on other providers' VPSs with 2 cores at 40-60% CPU, these processes can saturate easily CPU usage up to 100%.

b) Really bad support. Your support ticket, if you're lucky, will be responded in many hours (my tickets were responded in between 10 and 18 hours). So, if you have any issues that need to be resolved, forget about it.

c) This re-seller has no notion of professional behavior. One day he/she killed my VPS and re-booted it with decremented number of CPU cores (4 to 1 - while I was paying for 4 CPU cores). I did not get any notification from the re-seller. No email, nothing. Zero. Zilch.
    When I was trying to contact re-seller, he/she responded in 18 hours (see (b)) telling me that it was intentional and I have to reduce CPU usage. In other words, if you want to rely on processes that run on VPS, just forget about it.

d) This is one-man re-seller shop. Many times it was noticed (and recorded) that the person, who operates it (sometimes he calls himself Steven, sometimes Zheng, but you could tell by his English that this is the same person) is incompetent, unaware of what he's doing, most likely just trying real hard to make some profit re-selling CC services. So, you'll be the victim of his incompetence one way or the other.

So, decide for yourself, would that work for you or not.

Thanked by 2uptime dtuando
  • Just buy VPS from dedipath directly instead of the one man reseller show

Thanked by 2uptime nomadicus
  • I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to this thread, I came across this thread sooner and had issues with registration on this board until now (it was not sending email confirmation to approve my account). Now that I'm all squared away with that and officially apart of the community I'd like to touch on a few points:

@dtuando was all squared away back in September (the matter was sorted out same day). To add some additional public detail to this, we were migrating our website to a new server while at the same time upgrading our billing system WHMCS- during this small duration of time, certain users were unable to access our company website (depending on how fast their DNS servers of their ISP's propagated the updates). Our client servers, of course were not affected by this maintenance, only our main website.

@nomadicus, I believe we have already addressed your ticket with a proposed resolution 5 days ago, and I just checked that the ticket is still pending your response. We even offered a full refund to you despite being outside of our refund period and having already utilized our resources. We are not interested in creating or cultivating bad relationships - so please let us know how we can help. Our intentions are good, and I apologize if we given you anything less than that of an impression.

Furthermore - we are not a CC reseller as you state, and do not plan on expanding in any CC locations at this time as IPv6 is a requirement for us (as most of our clients do utilize the IPv6 addresses that we include on all of our VPS's). At the moment, we have a mixture of both colocated and leased infrastructure from Psychz and Dedipath (within the Internap LA DC).

hzr said: Just buy VPS from dedipath directly instead of the one man reseller show

While we are not a one man show, we are most certainly and proud to be a small business (currently comprising of 4 team members) and strive to add as much value as possible for our customers. Our specialty exists in providing great value in VPS servers, while the datacenters we have our infrastructure with tend to specialize in bare metal and colocation, so it's a different type of niche & audience that we are catering and adding value to as a small business.

I do hope that I was able to add some additional clarification to several reported matters here, and again, would like to apologize for my inability to reply sooner on this forum given the registration issues. Please feel free to inbox me (or open a support ticket) if anyone has any questions!

Thank you!
    LosAngelesVPS.com

Thanked by 1DP