Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turnkeyinternet.net is offering early black Friday deals - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Turnkeyinternet.net is offering early black Friday deals

Comments

• @kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    I just read turkeyinternet.net

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Same :p decent offer though

Planning to get one, so I want to know what you guys meant?

nothing nefarious, just read turnkey as turkey..

• @sjkme said:

@kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Seriously.....

How could I have damned missed TURKEY...

~facepalm

• @kennsann said:

@sjkme said:

@kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Seriously.....

~facepalm

LOL! I also missed it.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@somik said:

@kennsann said:

@sjkme said:

@kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Seriously.....

~facepalm

LOL! I also missed it.

Turkey .. Black Friday Thanksgiving. Apt.

The bigger question is : will this apt turn into apt-get?

Oh well, might as well wait for the @uptime seal of approval.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • Can you run bench.sh
    Thank you!

@Moofie said:
    Thanks for posting this, just purchased one of their x5650 servers.

• BF offers this early? Ruins the hype.

• @somik said:

@kennsann said:

@sjkme said:

@kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Seriously.....

~facepalm

LOL! I also missed it.

That's why I wondered if they'd last past Thanksgiving.

• I just remembered something - be warned that "unmetered" 1gbps part is far from that. Ask in advance what the AUP is, cause I remember they were veeeeeeery very strict. I think it was set at 10TB or something like that, before they axe your account.

• @trungkien said:
    Can you run bench.sh
    Thank you!

@Moofie said:
    Thanks for posting this, just purchased one of their x5650 servers.

Will do once my server has been provisioned.

• Back in the past I used a crazy WHM/cPanel reseller offer from them (I guess around 2012-2014). I reckon it was a BF or cyber monday deal. $7.5/mo for a good reseller plan with overselling enabled and WHMCS included. After two years they kicked me out and told they were losing money on my plan. They had let me know in advance and allowed me some time to migrate my clients. Did not have any major issues with them. All i know is you gotta respect AUP and TOS strictly.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • t0ny0 said: "unmetered" 1gbps part

Is it really 10TB the limited?

• dedipromodedipromo Member
    edited November 2019

They are one of the bigger names in the industry and have been around for many years, so yearly prepayment is safe in this respect. However, they do charge insane fees if you ever get DDOS'ed or IP blacklisted.

SPAM COMPLAINT FEES
    A service fee of $50/complaint will be applied to any customer with more than 5 (five) verified abuse complaints in a given month. Abuse complaints are defined as documented issues that are confirmed violations of these terms of service and to be a result of customer, or customer's, web hosted content or information.
    A service fee of $125/hour will apply for investigation and corrective work performed by TurnKey Internet to resolve SPAM violations.

IP BLACKLIST FEES
    If, as a result of a Customer's actions, TurnKey Internet's mail servers or IP address ranges are placed on email black hole lists or other mail filtering software system list, TurnKey Internet shall charge the Customer $250 upfront and $125/hour thereafter for any necessary investigation and corrective work.

DOS & DDOS INCIDENT FEES
    Any website, server, service, or client who hosts, promotes, instigates, or gives cause or access in any form to cause a Denial of Service attack (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS) shall be responsible for the billable time of staff and mitigation services at $85 per hour, the cost of excessive bandwidth or other resource consumption, and a per-incident fee of $250. Services may remain suspended or offline until such time that these fees are paid, infull, or alternate terms are agreed to by our billing department during normal business hours. Customers subscribed to our DoS & DDoS filtering plans shall be exempt from these fees unless the combined number of incidents or combined incident bandwidth consumption exceeds the limits as defined in said customers filtering plan.

• A company I know uses their shared hosting for last 5 years or so. Great support from Turnkey and great price. I was a little nasty with them one time when their office IP got firewalled. But Support was excellent and didn't give me shit when it turned out the business's website designer installed a WordPress plugin the day before and didn't configure it properly, not Turnkey's fault at all. Clueless web designer who could only work with cPanel and WordPress and otherwise didn't know sweet F all about computers and network.

• @t0ny0 said:
    I just remembered something - be warned that "unmetered" 1gbps part is far from that. Ask in advance what the AUP is, cause I remember they were veeeeeeery very strict. I think it was set at 10TB or something like that, before they axe your account.

I unfortunately cant verify that cause my server pulls a maximum of 800 GB of bandwidth per month, with averages around 200 GB.

From their support replies, unless you are maxing out their 1gpbs connection all the time, they wont bother you.

@DreamCaster said:
    Back in the past I used a crazy WHM/cPanel reseller offer from them (I guess around 2012-2014). I reckon it was a BF or cyber monday deal. $7.5/mo for a good reseller plan with overselling enabled and WHMCS included. After two years they kicked me out and told they were losing money on my plan. They had let me know in advance and allowed me some time to migrate my clients. Did not have any major issues with them. All i know is you gotta respect AUP and TOS strictly.

Turnkeyinternet has their own datacenter, network, hardware, support team, basically everything you need, they OWN it. They also have been in the business for a long time and would like to continue. So their support is top notch. I got my home IP banned from my CSF a few times (i think around 7 or 8 times). They helped to troubleshoot the issue and add a custom rule to my CSF for free (not just IP whitelist) so people's IP dont get banned.

@greattomeetyou said:

t0ny0 said: "unmetered" 1gbps part

Is it really 10TB the limited?

It's best to check with their support team before buing.

@dedipromo said:
    They are one of the bigger names in the industry and have been around for many years, so yearly prepayment is safe in this respect. However, they do charge insane fees if you ever get DDOS'ed or IP blacklisted.

SPAM COMPLAINT FEES
    A service fee of $50/complaint will be applied to any customer with more than 5 (five) verified abuse complaints in a given month. Abuse complaints are defined as documented issues that are confirmed violations of these terms of service and to be a result of customer, or customer's, web hosted content or information.
    A service fee of $125/hour will apply for investigation and corrective work performed by TurnKey Internet to resolve SPAM violations.

IP BLACKLIST FEES
    If, as a result of a Customer's actions, TurnKey Internet's mail servers or IP address ranges are placed on email black hole lists or other mail filtering software system list, TurnKey Internet shall charge the Customer $250 upfront and $125/hour thereafter for any necessary investigation and corrective work.

DOS & DDOS INCIDENT FEES
    Any website, server, service, or client who hosts, promotes, instigates, or gives cause or access in any form to cause a Denial of Service attack (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS) shall be responsible for the billable time of staff and mitigation services at $85 per hour, the cost of excessive bandwidth or other resource consumption, and a per-incident fee of $250. Services may remain suspended or offline until such time that these fees are paid, infull, or alternate terms are agreed to by our billing department during normal business hours. Customers subscribed to our DoS & DDoS filtering plans shall be exempt from these fees unless the combined number of incidents or combined incident bandwidth consumption exceeds the limits as defined in said customers filtering plan.

Turnkey does not mess around when you abuse their services. They might turn a blind eye to you on occasions, but if you get their IP banned cause of doing illegal stuff, you will be paying for it.

Do not use turnkeyinternet.net for SPAM. If you want to host a gameserver or something that can get DDOSed, sign up with their DDOS protection at only $5 per month.

@TimboJones said:
    A company I know uses their shared hosting for last 5 years or so. Great support from Turnkey and great price. I was a little nasty with them one time when their office IP got firewalled. But Support was excellent and didn't give me shit when it turned out the business's website designer installed a WordPress plugin the day before and didn't configure it properly, not Turnkey's fault at all. Clueless web designer who could only work with cPanel and WordPress and otherwise didn't know sweet F all about computers and network.

The firewall issue happened to me on my own dedicated server. They were happy to help fix it, even though it was my fault that i got firewalled on my own dedi...

• What is the VPS CPU spec? geekbench or sysbench will be great.
    Thanks

• I don't have any VPS with them. Only a dedicated server and a shared hosting plan.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2019

@somik said:
    I don't have any VPS with them. Only a dedicated server and a shared hosting plan.

How is the shared hosting (what's the LAV and # cores, and memory usage ?

• @donli said:

@somik said:
    I don't have any VPS with them. Only a dedicated server and a shared hosting plan.

How is the shared hosting?

Great uptime, but their restrictions on suhosin and PHP is a bit too much... My IP got banned once by their suhosin while I was editing my PHP script using their cPanel filehost.

Recently my WordPress went into a endless loop ever since they changed something on PHP.

Other then this, very high uptime and responsive server.

• MoofieMoofie Member
    edited November 2019

So a quick update with my order -
    4 days after purchasing my server I received an email asking for me to call them up for some sort of billing verification that’s “required by all customers.” I’ve since canceled my order and have received a full refund as I’m not comfortable with this.

• @Moofie said:
    So a quick update with my order -
    4 days after purchasing my server I received an email asking for me to call them up for some sort of billing verification that’s “required by all customers.” I’ve since canceled my order and have received a full refund as I’m not comfortable with this.

why is that a problem? U got somethin to hide?

• somik said: It's available for free, but on request only. Need to open a support ticket for it.

>

This is what i heard back from the sales team... am I missing something?

Specific IPMI access is an optional item located in the shopping cart of servers that support it (if you don't see it then its not offered on that model server, sorry) - but if listed the pricing is located in the order form (varies based on server model, term, and pricing model - but usually about $8/mo to add ipmi when available). If you purchase a server without ipmi support, we can add an external device called a Spider KVM which is a ipmi 'attached' device - costs more than having intergrated into a server (but the only option on older model servers that may not have it) - the cost on a spider KVM is $15/mo plus a 1-time $25 setup fee.

• @plumberg said:

somik said: It's available for free, but on request only. Need to open a support ticket for it.

>

Specific IPMI access is an optional item located in the shopping cart of servers that support it (if you don't see it then its not offered on that model server, sorry) - but if listed the pricing is located in the order form (varies based on server model, term, and pricing model - but usually about $8/mo to add ipmi when available). If you purchase a server without ipmi support, we can add an external device called a Spider KVM which is a ipmi 'attached' device - costs more than having intergrated into a server (but the only option on older model servers that may not have it) - the cost on a spider KVM is $15/mo plus a 1-time $25 setup fee.

Ah, sorry about that. My misunderstanding.

IPMI is on specific models only.

What I was taking about was spider KVM. If you don't need it attached to your server permanently, they will add it on request for free for a couple of days for you to install OS or troubleshoot or something.

• @somik said:

@plumberg said:

somik said: It's available for free, but on request only. Need to open a support ticket for it.

>

Ah, sorry about that. My misunderstanding.

IPMI is on specific models only.

What I was taking about was spider KVM. If you don't need it attached to your server permanently, they will add it on request for free for a couple of days for you to install OS or troubleshoot or something.

Ahh, that makes sense. I am thinking of doing LUKS... so, having a bootup password requiring that temporary spider kvm... if its available on adhoc basis, thats perfect.

• shit provider good luck

• @Archie said:
    shit provider good luck

Please be more specific.

• @donli said:

@Archie said:
    shit provider good luck

Please be more specific.

He means that turnkeyinternet is a non CC provider.

He could also be a user that got fined due to performing illegal activities on their server. Turnkeyinternet provides good service but is also very harsh on those that abuse their services. That's how they keep a good reputation with legit users.

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

@somik said:
    I just got the email from turnkey internet. Looks like a good deal for the services they offer. I've been using them for the last 6 years.

Check it out : https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/

If you're feeling generous, do click on my refferal link before clicking on the offer link: https://turnkeyinternet.net/refer/20140

Do note that I can't speak on their behalf and I'm only a member of this community and a client of turnkeyinternet.

You work for Turnkey., I feel.

Turnkey says something like 90% discount but it still is higher than 0 % discount that many lowend providers offer. It looks like it is their marketing strategy.

Turnkey is not that cheap but has great support though.

edited November 2019

"Body is required."

Refer to the above post.

• @yongsiklee said:

@somik said:
    I just got the email from turnkey internet. Looks like a good deal for the services they offer. I've been using them for the last 6 years.

If you're feeling generous, do click on my refferal link before clicking on the offer link: https://turnkeyinternet.net/refer/20140

Do note that I can't speak on their behalf and I'm only a member of this community and a client of turnkeyinternet.

Turnkey is not cheapest around but has great support though.

Haha, I wish. Unfortunately, first, they are not located in my country, and second, I do not have the qualifications required for the job.

Yes, turnkey is normally quite expensive, so when they emailed me a good offer, I posted it here as PSA. You are free to interpret it in any way you like.

@somik said:

@yongsiklee said:

@somik said:

Turnkey is not cheapest around but has great support though.

Haha, I wish. Unfortunately, first, they are not located in my country, and second, I do not have the qualifications required for the job.

Yes, turnkey is normally quite expensive, so when they emailed me a good offer, I posted it here as PSA. You are free to interpret it in any way you like.

Turnkey heavily advertises their 90 percent cheaper than others all the time for years.
    So do not say they are normally expensive. 90 percent discount is their normal price.