Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial Results for Q2 2013 Providers Poll
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unofficial Results for Q2 2013 Providers Poll

upfreakupfreak Member
edited August 2013 in General
No 1 : RamNode ( 189 points, 81 votes)

No 2 : Prometeus / IperWeb ( 138 points, 61 votes )

No 3 : BuyVM ( 59points, 39 votes )

HM 1: BlueVM ( 10 HM, 20 votes, 21 points)

HM 2: Inception Hosting ( 9 HM, 15 votes, 13 points)

*  RamNode, Prometeus, and BuyVM each have 7 HM

HM 3: DigitalOcean ( 5HM,  30 points, 28 votes)

Total Providers voted for : 100

Total Votes + HM : 553

Top 10 Providers by Points ( 3 points for 1, 2 points for 2, 1 point for 3)

Top 15 Providers by HM

**Top 15 Providers by Popular Votes ** (Most number of votes incl HM)

PS: Was testing a script, so used it to tally the Q2 polls, since many are impatient to wait for official results. Please dont blame me if not accurate, since i didnt bother checking date of registration of voters, however I dont expect much deviation from the official one.

Link for Complete List i.imgur.com/87t8TKD.jpg

Thanked by 1Asim

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2013

If it's correct then it's certainly interesting, the amount of change from the last one. Although I guess that is more to do with the change in visitors/posters which I think are quite different compared to before the multiple hacks of this site.

• I guess prometeus moved down a bit, because they don't sell much right now.

• Thanks to everyone voting for us!

• Well, all the top names are well-known and reputable.

• Assuming this is accurate our team will be quite pleased to have attained #1 HM...

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

:DDDD

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2013

RamNode again.... ;D @Nick_A would you not like to add some other location :D?

• @Infinity580 said:
    RamNode again.... ;D Nick_A would you not like to add some other location :D?

Oh yes. Personally, I would vote "pro" Novosibirsk location. :)

• @Liam said:
    Hi,

miss spelling etc (hence manuel).

Was that an intentional funny?

• @Liam said:
    That is 1:30 in the morning funny ;-)

You know, that's a good point.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It is almost exactly as I told uncle last poll it will be.
    For the amount of stock we have, the position is much too high !
    Thank you everyone, we WILL add more servers, just not before the cloud is already going.

• @Maounique said:
    It is almost exactly as I told uncle last poll it will be.
    For the amount of stock we have, the position is much too high !
    Thank you everyone, we WILL add more servers, just not before the cloud is already going.

Yes, we need another 60% off KVM special!

Results are pretty boring. Not sure how RamNode got the number one position after being caught with the trousers around their ankles with Solus hack.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@asterisk14 said:
    Results are pretty boring. Not sure how RamNode got the number one position after being caught with the trousers around their ankles with Solus hack.

Not sure how SolusVM is still used by most providers after being caught with the trousers around their ankles with all the recent hacks.

@perennate said:
    Not sure how SolusVM is still used by most providers after being caught with the trousers around their ankles with all the recent hacks.

1. It is presumed they are doing a cleanup now and will be less prone to hacking, but, in the end, everything is hackable, solus tries now to sell the idea that after a hacking like that, they learn and, at least for a while, are ahead of the competition which was not targeted publicly yet, all the leaks are in private hands.
    2. Solus is popular among users too, like it or not, we put up cloudmin and cloudstack so far, it does not look they are too popular as interfaces, we try to solve that by helping OS projects.
  • @Maounique said:
    2. Solus is popular among users too, like it or not, we put up cloudmin and cloudstack so far, it does not look they are too popular as interfaces, we try to solve that by helping OS projects.

Most things in the Apache Foundation feel a bit... err to me. The documentation especially.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@concerto49 said:
    Most things in the Apache Foundation feel a bit... err to me. The documentation especially.

I agree, but in the end i liked cloudstack a little more than openstack, so I focused on it :-D

• @prometeus said:
    I agree, but in the end i liked cloudstack a little more than openstack, so I focused on it :-D

Yeah the problem with OpenStack it's so open it feels like a big mess. There are too many branches and people doing their own things it's out of control.

Been looking at the options too.

• @asterisk14 said:
    Not sure how RamNode got the number one position after being caught with the trousers around their ankles with Solus hack.

I for one continue to favor RamNode because all the little details signal "quality host".

Is the VPS performance #1? Nope. #1 in uptime? Nope. Fastest ever ticket response? Nope. Fastest network? Nope. Biggest bang for buck? Nope.

But from what I've seen, it is in the top tier for every single one of those factors, running with the top dogs and doing well in all aspects. That's some major accomplishment, I think, and very deserving of #1 overall.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Nick_A said:
    :DDDD

before I forget: congratulation for this and the NL location :-)

• LeeLee Veteran

@asterisk14 said:
    Not sure how RamNode got the number one position after being caught with the trousers around their ankles with Solus hack.

Don't really think they got caught out, the Solus hack was not any providers fault and it became a matter of how quick you seen the issue and shut it down, Ramnode were far from the only ones affected.

What is more important is how they dealt with it and perhaps that is in part a reflection of why they got number 1 in this poll.

• @Liam Forgot about the results?

• I've been wondering the same. I thought the official results were due weeks ago.

People are in vacation.