Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can i get dmca complaints for download torrents in dedicated server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

can i get dmca complaints for download torrents in dedicated server?

i have a dedicated server on hetzner on finland, it's possible i can get a dmca if i download movies and some hentai through bittorrent?

Comments

• I don't think so, let me know how it goes

Thanked by 1donko
  • Sure, why not. I might have some extra Finnish DMCAs I'm not using at the moment. How many would you like?

Thanked by 3donko BlaZe sin
  • Depends on the jurisdiction.

Thanked by 1donko
  • @manish said:
    Depends on the jurisdiction.

hetzner (Germany) and dedicated server located in finland

• There's a very high chance you will get DMCA notices.

Thanked by 2donko Edmond
  • donko said: hetzner (Germany) and dedicated server located in finland

A Ph.D. student who runs Technofaq.org uses Online and is not in favour of hetzner because it is less tolerant towards torrenting.

Thanked by 1donko
  • According to my experience, as long as you do not download them using a public tracker(i.e. use a private tracker) and always turn on force-encryption, you should be fine.

Thanked by 2donko Sofia_K
  • Use Hostsolutions

Thanked by 2dahartigan donko
  • @poisson said:
    Use Hostsolutions

That is the ultimate solution for torrenting

Thanked by 3donko vimalware Edmond
  • @cociu Why is your line of KVM VPS so confusing, when you open the site directly, it is expensive. When you click links here it is so cheap and then there is so many LXC options.

Do you have a good offer for 1 dedicated thread, 2GB RAM KVM VPS with IPV6 /64?

• @manish I've seen your posts asking people for a VPS for mining, so can you recommend me a VPS that I can mine cryptocurrency on 24/7 for $1/month? I need to also have excellent support so I can ask them for technical advice and discussions about the weather, etc.

• as long as you do not download them using a public tracker(i.e. use a private tracker) and always turn on force-encryption, you should be fine.

This is pretty much all you need to know.
    I hope for your sake you are talking about 'just' hentai.

Thanked by 2donko dahartigan
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@dahartigan said:
    @manish I've seen your posts asking people for a VPS for mining, so can you recommend me a VPS that I can mine cryptocurrency on 24/7 for $1/month? I need to also have excellent support so I can ask them for technical advice and discussions about the weather, etc.

Not sure how he will pull it off. Crypto illegal in India

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dahartigan said:
    @manish I've seen your posts asking people for a VPS for mining, so can you recommend me a VPS that I can mine cryptocurrency on 24/7 for $1/month? I need to also have excellent support so I can ask them for technical advice and discussions about the weather, etc.

I'm quite new to the forum and enjoy reading stuff here, except posts from that guy.

And why is he asking cociu here? Like wtf. This isn't even remotely close to what cociu is offering.

@donko, based on what I researched a few weeks ago when I was looking for a server for torrenting, hetzner has a high chance of sending DMCA notices if you are using public and there is still that chance to get it when you just do private trackers.

Better to just use those seedboxes since they are actually a lot cheaper than those dedis in hetzner. Unless you are tied to that dedi for some reason and just want to add that feature of downloading those "linux distros". If its the latter just stick with private trackers.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @donko said:

@manish said:
    Depends on the jurisdiction.

hetzner (Germany) and dedicated server located in finland

They will terminate the service at copyright claims asap.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I think it's just a matter of time until you do.

• Yes.

Thanked by 1donko
  • Hi if you come to our reddit sub we could answer any questions related to seedboxes

https://old.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/

Thanked by 1donko
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

Yes you can get them

• @manish said:
    @cociu Why is your line of KVM VPS so confusing, when you open the site directly, it is expensive. When you click links here it is so cheap and then there is so many LXC options.

Do you have a good offer for 1 dedicated thread, 2GB RAM KVM VPS with IPV6 /64?

Why not get a kimsufi box and call it a day?

Thanked by 2vimalware dahartigan
  • @seriesn said:
    Why not get a kimsufi box and call it a day?

Getting one is like striking the lottery.

Disclosure: I got one, and I got it on 25% recurring (although I am thinking of letting it go)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • I'd bet not many providers would want to deal with potential copyright issues. If it were me I'd probably use a VPN with private trackers for torrents and a Usenet setup.

• Hetzner does issues DMCA complaints, I received one from my VPN I have hosted with them.

Abuse Message [AbuseID:xx:xx:xx]: AbuseIPEchelon: Notice of Claimed Infringement - Case ID 04b6ecc5xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanked by 1donko
  • dahartigan said: @manish I've seen your posts asking people for a VPS for mining,

Cite me. I never did. It is a myth.

• vyas11 said: Not sure how he will pull it off. Crypto illegal in India

I never asked for any of this. You are 100% mistaken.

• seriesn said: Why not get a kimsufi box and call it a day?

But why? My choice, my life. Who are you to define it?

• @manish said:

seriesn said: Why not get a kimsufi box and call it a day?

Chickity check yourself. He was making a friendly suggestion and you came across angry just now..

@manish said:

dahartigan said: @manish I've seen your posts asking people for a VPS for mining,

Cite me. I never did. It is a myth.

You are hereby give a citation for attempting to mine cryptographic skrillah.

• @manish said:

seriesn said: Why not get a kimsufi box and call it a day?

His words, his life. Who are you to question it?