Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Importance of CHEAP colocation & dedicated & VPS servers in Sillicon Valley
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Importance of CHEAP colocation & dedicated & VPS servers in Sillicon Valley

bibi421bibi421 Member
edited November 2019 in General

I'm planning to colocate few HP proliant servers in San Jose, CA.

these are the pricing and the server specifications

-Dedicated Server
Dual E5-2640 (12 cores 24 threads total / Up to 3Ghz)
96GB ECC Memory
Raid1 256GB or Raid0 512GB SSD

250Mbps Unmetered Port
1 dedicated IP

$74/month

-VPS (@ above dedicated server)
2 cores
4GB Memory
20GB SSD
100mbps unmetered
=$8

4 cores
8GB Memory
30GB SSD
100mbps unmetered
=$17

6 cores
24GB Memory
50GB SSD
150mbps unmetered
=$38

All of these servers are including Free 10 Gbps DDoS Protection + GTT & HE mixed Network
(Up to 200Gbps ddos protection via addon)

Are these needed..?

Poll
  1. Are these needed?16 votes
    1. Yes
        6.25%
    2. No
      31.25%
    3. Yes! It looks cheap
        0.00%
    4. No! It looks bit expensive
      25.00%
    5. No! It looks expensive
      37.50%

Comments

  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

    Very overpriced and not good network but I will take VPS

    Thanked by 1bibi421
  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

    I'm interested in san jose and santa clara. I am upset when people list SF or bay area or SV and they're actually in fremont.

  • Very overpriced for LET,

    compare price from upcloud (San Jose) with good network + maxiop

    https://upcloud.com/pricing/

  • the location would be interesting for sure (if its the real one, not like most people advertise buffalo as new york city), but you need lower plans also. i would be interested in a small kvm there

  • Thank you for the opinion :smile:

  • The datacenter is actually located in downtown San Jose.

  • Sorry.. The list of network providers are wrong... The actual network Tier 1 providers are Telia, NTT, GTT NLayer, HE, Cogent, China Telecom, China Unicom, China Mobile.

  • Does it include refound opention if payed quarently?

    Thanked by 1bdl

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • @dahartigan said:
    Does it include refound opention if payed quarently?

    @dahartigan said:
    Does it include refound opention if payed quarently?

    I’m planning 7 days refund policy.

  • williewillie Member
    edited November 2019

    Too expensive, a Ryzen 3700X might be faster and use less power, it's 2019 and nobody wants 100mbps network any more, and what's wrong with Fremont?

    #lexit spread the word.

  • @willie said:
    Too expensive, a Ryzen 3700X might be faster and use less power, it's 2019 and nobody wants 100mbps network any more, and what's wrong with Fremont?

    And here I thought kimsufi is in high demand. Then again, their prices are 1/5 of these...

    Don't be so serious. It's just a forum. No one cares what you think anyway.

  • People complain all the time about kimsufi 100mbps but then buy it anyway because it's cheap. They particularly like the KS1 which is about $5/month. The ones that are 1/3 of $70 don't sell well at all.

    #lexit spread the word.

  • @willie said:
    People complain all the time about kimsufi 100mbps but then buy it anyway because it's cheap. They particularly like the KS1 which is about $5/month. The ones that are 1/3 of $70 don't sell well at all.

    If you push a lot of bandwidth, KS is cheap. You consistently get the full 100mbits because OVH has excellent networks and that works out to be about 1TB of bandwidth per day. How much would 30TB bandwidth monthly at 1gbps cost with other providers?

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • poisson said: How much would 30TB bandwidth monthly at 1gbps cost with other providers?

    If you mean OVH's usual competitors, much less than $70.

    #lexit spread the word.

  • bibi421bibi421 Member
    edited November 2019

    Maybe I can do Dual Xeon E5-2640 96GB memory + 1Gbps shared Unmetered Network (usually 800 download/900 upload) for $64

    Also the location is a point

  • I don't really care about unmetered network. Who cares about seeding from a specific location? Would rather have 5TB at 1gbps and pay less. Also the E5-2640 is not all that attractive. Am happy with a lower powered 2 hdd system with more storage. Even more interested in colo space for an owned server, since thread title mentions colo. Idea has been to try aquanx for that, but if you can do something comparable then that's great.

    #lexit spread the word.

  • @willie said:
    I don't really care about unmetered network. Who cares about seeding from a specific location? Would rather have 5TB at 1gbps and pay less. Also the E5-2640 is not all that attractive. Am happy with a lower powered 2 hdd system with more storage. Even more interested in colo space for an owned server, since thread title mentions colo. Idea has been to try aquanx for that, but if you can do something comparable then that's great.

    ok :smile:

Sign In or Register to comment.