Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy Halloween! SmallWeb.net New Website | Halloween Promotion 31% Off Any Plan! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Happy Halloween! SmallWeb.net New Website | Halloween Promotion 31% Off Any Plan!

Comments

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2019

@lowendclient said:
    Circular discount?

Does that mean recurring?

Even though this promo is done, sidenote, SmallWeb 2GB plans are back in business. (Now £9) Sorry for the faff.

• aka cyclic reduction

edited November 2019

@uptime said:
    aka cyclic reduction

Like something that's available around the clock? (Not that circles need to also enter my metaphor)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

lol ... today I learned: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_reduction

Cyclic reduction is a numerical method for solving large linear systems by repeatedly splitting the problem. Each step eliminates even or odd rows and columns of a matrix and remains in a similar form. The elimination step is relatively expensive but splitting the problem allows parallel computation.

Who knew? (I thought the term was likely to refer to some organic chemistry reaction) :smiley:

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited November 2019

@Mic-hael said:

@lowendclient said:
    Circular discount?

Even though this promo is done, sidenote, SmallWeb 2GB plans are back in business. (Now £9) Sorry for the faff.

Yes, recurring.
    Forgot the word, translated by Baidu... :lol:
    Obviously bad translation quality.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee uptime
    edited November 2019

@lowendclient said:

@Mic-hael said:

@lowendclient said:
    Circular discount?

Yes, recurring.

Well to answer your question, the above expired coupon was recurring. As far as regular coupons the promocode "YMP" gives 10% off any plan in celebration of @Ympker 's comparison spreadsheet and that is also recurring.

• @Mic-hael said:

@lowendclient said:

@Mic-hael said:

@lowendclient said:
    Circular discount?

Yes, recurring.

Well to answer your question, the above expired coupon was recurring. As far as regular coupons the promocode "YMP" gives 10% off any plan in celebration of @Ympker 's comparison spreadsheet and that is also recurring.

Lovin' it :)

• lol

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Mic-hael said:

lol

But how many days to Black Friday?

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @donli said:

@Mic-hael said:

lol

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@Mic-hael sai

The scarecrow claimed their picture had been photoshopped. According to sources, it released a statement," I deny making any comments about Black Friday. Halloween is an important day for us scary people.I am telling you bro, it wasn't me,"

Thanked by 2ITLabs MichaelCee
  • @vyas11 said:

@Mic-hael sai

The scarecrow claimed their picture had been photoshopped. According to sources, it released a statement," I deny making any comments about Black Friday. Halloween is an important day for us scary people.I am telling you bro, it wasn't me,"

In an ongoing legal dispute between Scarecrow and SmallWeb, it was determined that the allegation was false due to the terminology used; "photoshop". If the images were ALLEGEDLY doctured, the only possible software would be Microsoft Paint.

End case.

Thanked by 2vyas11 ITLabs
    edited November 2019

20 days until #BlackFriday. Sorry if anyone has received a late reply, a lot of things have happened this week.

• any one has experience on this? is their service okay?

• @jeorlie said:
    any one has experience on this? is their service okay?

You can read some reviews at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/smallweb.net :)

Or use our 30 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@jeorlie said:

I have smallweb plans in Lux, Mel (Au) and LAX (US). Good stable performance, @Mic-hael is a great guy to reach out to for support. There might have been a couple of hiccups- dns changes (Lux) and softaculous not working (Lax) but one message for a quick fix and we are ready to cruise again.

I had my ip lock out once- one message/ticket and resolved. Finally he helped with consolidation of the payment or duration of my plans. One was for 1 year, other for 2, and third for three. Now all set upto Dec 2022.

Next year planning to sign up for Cloudz, his other (middleweb) service .

Edit: added later- since this is LET, happy to say the above was the experience when total transaction amount was less than 15 US Dollars. Happy to invest more (I wouldn’t call it spending!) in the coming months as our hosting needs grow.

And the above issues - dns and softaculous license- have happened with very large established players also, so the technical issues are the moot point. What is important was his response and responsiveness.

edited November 2019

@vyas11 said:

@jeorlie said:

I have smallweb plans in Lux, Mel (Au) and LAX (US). Good stable performance, @Mic-hael is a great guy to reach out to for support. There might have been a couple of hiccups- dns changes (Lux) and softaculous not working (Lax) but one message for a quick fix and we are ready to cruise again.

I had my ip lock out once- one message/ticket and resolved. Finally he helped with consolidation of the payment or duration of my plans. One was for 1 year, other for 2, and third for three. Now all set upto Dec 2022.

Next year planning to sign up for Cloudz, his other (middleweb) service .

You're too kind but on that note, Cloud2Z/SWs London server just got bumped to a minimum of 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD & 4 CPU Cores today. SmallWeb has for sure come a long way since spinning up 512MB slices.

If anyone checks my twitter, you'll know why :tongue:

Thanked by 2ITLabs team_traitor
  • @jeorlie said:

I host a few demo sites on it. So far it's better than expected. Nothing to complain about.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@Mic-hael that's awesome. Posting my above review on Trustpilot today. Was planning to do so for some time, today pulled the trigger.

Thx for being awesome.

Edit: Done @ Trustpilot

• @vyas11 said:
    @Mic-hael that's awesome. Posting my above review on Trustpilot today. Was planning to do so for some time, today pulled the trigger.

Thx for being awesome.

Right back atcha <3

• I am waiting for VPS by @Mic-hael

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
    edited November 2019

@manish said:
    I am waiting for VPS by @Mic-hael

Happy to hear it :)

I have some plans in place but I do really want to get Shared up there at 100% first.

I realised somebody snagged Smallweb(.co.uk) so I've swept up https://smallvps.co.uk for when that time comes

• What about Middleweb?

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
    edited November 2019

@vyas11 said:
    What about Middleweb?

small or hugeweb.xyz - no middle unless it's cloud2z.

No I did not name my brands just to make a rhyme.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

Zed or zee?

Rather to zee or not to zee.... that is the question

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @vyas11 said:
    Zed or zee?

That's on you. I say zee :sweat_smile:

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

Mic-hael said: If anyone checks my twitter, you'll know why

@Mic-hael Cloud2Z CloudA2Z is now into mergers and acquisitions. :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @ITLabs said:

@Mic-hael Cloud2Z CloudAtoZ is now into mergers and acquisitions. :sunglasses:

Coming soon: EIG in size, smallweb in spirit.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Alphabet Inc., beware!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
    edited November 2019

@ITLabs said:

@Mic-hael Cloud2Z CloudA2Z is now into mergers and acquisitions. :sunglasses:

"For the customers, not the currency." :wink:

@vyas11 said:

@ITLabs said:

@Mic-hael Cloud2Z CloudAtoZ is now into mergers and acquisitions. :sunglasses:

Coming soon: EIG in size, smallweb in spirit.

Pfffffffff'.

@ITLabs said:
    Alphabet Inc., beware!

Beware Alphabet Inc.

Thanked by 1ITLabs