Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turnkeyinternet.net is offering early black Friday deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Turnkeyinternet.net is offering early black Friday deals

somiksomik Member
edited November 2019 in General

I just got the email from turnkey internet. Looks like a good deal for the services they offer. I've been using them for the last 6 years.

Check it out : https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/

If you're feeling generous, do click on my refferal link before clicking on the offer link: https://turnkeyinternet.net/refer/20140

Do note that I can't speak on their behalf and I'm only a member of this community and a client of turnkeyinternet.

Thanked by 1angstrom
Turnkeyinternet
  1. Have you used them before?49 votes
    1. Yes
      14.29%
    2. No
      85.71%

Comments

• Discount price reflects annual pre-paid commitment

bleh

Thanked by 1MrH
  • @mikewazar said:

• Discount price reflects annual pre-paid commitment

bleh

Yea, annual payments only for All servers...

Thanked by 1MrH
  • Will Turkeyinternet make it past Thanksgiving?

• @donli said:
    Will Turkeyinternet make it past Thanksgiving?

Should be. I've been with them since 2013:

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @somik: Do you know whether they allow custom ISOs?

• @angstrom said:
    @somik: Do you know whether they allow custom ISOs?

I don't see any such option on my control panel. Only options to choose existing OS.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • edited November 2019

You can likely open a ticket and ask for a custom iso.
    When I was dealing with them a few years ago - support was very fast and helpful.
    Network is not that great though. I used to only get cogent routes, so theres that.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • mikewazar said: Discount price reflects annual pre-paid commitment

bleh x2

• @t0ny0 said:
    When I was dealing with them a few years ago - support was very fast and helpful.
    Network is not that great though. I used to only get cogent routes, so theres that.

I agree with you on the support. They are fast and helpful.

As for network, my current server is 100mbit, so it's always a bit slow. Maybe after I get my gbit server that I ordered just now, i can test their speeds although I suspect my result will be same ss yours.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2019

@somik said:

@t0ny0 said:

As for network, my current server is 100mbit, so it's always a bit slow. Maybe after I get my gbit server that I ordered just now, i can test their speeds although I suspect my result will be same ss yours.

They claim to have just made a major network upgrade:
    https://blog.turnkeyinternet.net/press-release/turnkey-internet-completes-data-center-network-infrastructure-upgrades/

The upgrades include multiple 100G Tier 1 transit and dark fiber providers for increased redundancy and performance, as well as upgraded Cisco and Juniper network hardware to help meet the growing demand for Colocation and Cloud solutions.

During the upgrade, TurnKey made significant cost investments into their core routing and distribution hardware, including the installation of multiple fully redundant, high-performance Juniper MX480 routers. The new routing hardware delivers unmatched flexibility and reliability to support advanced services and applications, while also separating control and forwarding functions, to provide maximum scale and intelligent service delivery capabilities.

In addition to the hardware upgrades, TurnKey also joined the New York International Internet Exchange (NYIIX) via direct fiber connection. Based in New York City, the NYIIX Peering Exchange is one of the largest neutral internet exchange points in the world. NYIIX’s neutral, scalable peering infrastructure assures reliable, stable internet connectivity by allowing traffic to flow through the fastest route, no matter who owns and operates the fiber. This new partnership allows TurnKey to peer bandwidth with some of the largest names in the industry including Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, and more.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @donli said:

@somik said:

@t0ny0 said:

They claim to have just made a major network upgrade:
    https://blog.turnkeyinternet.net/press-release/turnkey-internet-completes-data-center-network-infrastructure-upgrades/

The upgrades include multiple 100G Tier 1 transit and dark fiber providers for increased redundancy and performance, as well as upgraded Cisco and Juniper network hardware to help meet the growing demand for Colocation and Cloud solutions.

During the upgrade, TurnKey made significant cost investments into their core routing and distribution hardware, including the installation of multiple fully redundant, high-performance Juniper MX480 routers. The new routing hardware delivers unmatched flexibility and reliability to support advanced services and applications, while also separating control and forwarding functions, to provide maximum scale and intelligent service delivery capabilities.

In addition to the hardware upgrades, TurnKey also joined the New York International Internet Exchange (NYIIX) via direct fiber connection. Based in New York City, the NYIIX Peering Exchange is one of the largest neutral internet exchange points in the world. NYIIX’s neutral, scalable peering infrastructure assures reliable, stable internet connectivity by allowing traffic to flow through the fastest route, no matter who owns and operates the fiber. This new partnership allows TurnKey to peer bandwidth with some of the largest names in the industry including Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, and more.

Didn't see that. It was done last year, no wonder their last year black Friday offer was so bad. Prices started from 60+ dollar.

This year much better, starting servers from 9.90 only.

• imokimok Member
    edited November 2019

If you are going to buy from this provider, remember you can be charged with huge fees if you get blacklisted or DDoSed

Thanked by 2uptime Sofia_K
  • "Unlimited" SSD storage and gigabit bandwidth on their $1/month (with 3-year prepayment) cPanel hosting...do I smell a challenge for @Nekki?

Thanked by 2Sofia_K zomby1
  • Ipmi available?

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited November 2019

"To our loyal current clients: We do not like it when companies treat new customers with discount offers better than their loyal existing customers too! We have great news for you, purchase any new Black Friday deal today and we will add on '1' free month of service to the new product for every year you have been a customer! " - Was on their BF promo page.

@somik gets 6 months free. Wow. :dizzy:

• Prices seems to be incorrect.

On following page price of BF2 Cloud VPS is mentioned as $4

https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/

But when you click on view button to see detail, on the next page price is $4.99 and it says with annual payment you get 20% discount i.e. it will become $4.
    I filled out form and went all the way to last step to pay but no discount was applied for annual payment and price was still $4.99

• @alilet said:
    Prices seems to be incorrect.

But when you click on view button to see detail, on the next page price is $4.99 and it says with annual payment you get 20% discount i.e. it will become $4.
    I filled out form and went all the way to last step to pay but no discount was applied for annual payment and price was still $4.99

They actually left out the $0.99 part on the BF deals page, I think everything still has that $0.99. This is the case with dedicated servers as well. A bit misleading, I'd say.

• @alilet said:

I see they have "live chat. Try it and see what they say.

• @somik I was about to say that you really should upgrade. You can get a much better machine in 2019 for a lower price!

• @donli said:

@alilet said:

I see they have "live chat. Try it and see what they say.

Don't bother, live chat always just say "please e-mail sales". Like a robot.

• I've used them. Way back when a $12/month reseller plan offers 100gb space, free WHMCS license and end user support, time when I was 14 years old HAHAHA. Anyways, aren't they always having deals? My 10-yr old email still getting spammed with their offers.

• @plumberg said:
    Ipmi available?

It's available for free, but on request only. Need to open a support ticket for it.

@kennsann said:
    "To our loyal current clients: We do not like it when companies treat new customers with discount offers better than their loyal existing customers too! We have great news for you, purchase any new Black Friday deal today and we will add on '1' free month of service to the new product for every year you have been a customer! " - Was on their BF promo page.

@somik gets 6 months free. Wow. :dizzy:

I didn't see that! Awesome deal!

@alilet said:

Open a support ticket or contact their live support. They should be able to help.

@kennsann said:

@alilet said:

They actually left out the $0.99 part on the BF deals page, I think everything still has that $0.99. This is the case with dedicated servers as well. A bit misleading, I'd say.

My server is listed as $9 but the next page it was 9.99 as well. So i this that is a bit misleading on their offer page and email broadcast... ...

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @poisson said:
    @somik I was about to say that you really should upgrade. You can get a much better machine in 2019 for a lower price!

Ahahaha, just been too lazy. I had the server configured just the way I like so didn't want to redo it. But with this deal, I'm getting an upgrade and spending less then usual, so it's a win win for me.

@MissFortune said:
    I've used them. Way back when a $12/month reseller plan offers 100gb space, free WHMCS license and end user support, time when I was 14 years old HAHAHA. Anyways, aren't they always having deals? My 10-yr old email still getting spammed with their offers.

Yes, but I'm taking about their good offers... Their usual offer of selling a $300/m server for $99.99/m is not for us Lowend folk...

• Thanks for posting this, just purchased one of their x5650 servers.

• @Moofie said:
    Thanks for posting this, just purchased one of their x5650 servers.

Welcome. Similarly, do let us know if you come across good deals on your search. :smile:

• @Moofie said:
    Thanks for posting this, just purchased one of their x5650 servers.

Which location? and what are the locations they provide?

• edited November 2019

I just read turkeyinternet.net

Thanked by 2ITLabs poisson
  • I have been a very happy customer of turnkeyinternet for many years. Always been very happy with them. Support has been very fast and to the point. I can highly recommend them.

• @chocolateshirt said:

Same :p decent offer though

• @chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Same :p decent offer though

Planning to get one, so I want to know what you guys meant?