Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowendbox not so lowend price? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowendbox not so lowend price?

2»

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Its end of 2019 and you still batting for LEB hosts?

I hope you're alright.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

Maybe that post from CVPS Chris was a cryptic message meaning things have got so bad that even that scam making, puppet master, identity stealing, coercive controlling, blackmailing, gutter dwelling sociopath felt he needed to speak up?

• tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

prices here are decided based on offer/demand, not by colocrossing

• @dahartigan said: I took a gamble a few months ago now on a KVM from one of the LEB hosts, it's a 4 core 4GB KVM in Buffalo for $40/year. It has been honestly running like a charm. Strong on plow. No downtime except me rebooting for updates. Fast network (it's CC, I assume..) which is surprising to me.

Any chance of hearing which provider this is? (I assume that it's a "third-party CC-provider", so neither CVPS nor HVH.)

• @angstrom said:

@dahartigan said: I took a gamble a few months ago now on a KVM from one of the LEB hosts, it's a 4 core 4GB KVM in Buffalo for $40/year. It has been honestly running like a charm. Strong on plow. No downtime except me rebooting for updates. Fast network (it's CC, I assume..) which is surprising to me.

Any chance of hearing which provider this is? (I assume that it's a "third-party CC-provider", so neither CVPS nor HVH.)

5upr3m3vp5 (not trying to do any favors for that site) PM me if that still made no sense lol

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @dahartigan said:
    5upr3m3vp5 (not trying to do any favors for that site) PM me if that still made no sense lol

5 = S
    3 = e

Captain obvious out.

Thanked by 2dahartigan mrTom
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

They also have a 2x resource pool for $20/year but you can pay $1.33 monthly, which I found odd. It's terrible, slow oversold nodes and a gamble if you can even get a vps launched. For a buck thirty three it's cheap entertainment. Would probably suit those who need to change IP all the time.. dirty dirty servers.

Not for use with good potassium.

Edit: I really want to clarify this is in NO way a recommendation!! Do everyone a favor and buy from LET, not that shit show leb. Your sanity will thank you. If you know exactly what you're getting into, it's a fun broken cheap toy to hack around with.

• @DavidL said:
    Does anybody know what happen to lowendbox price drastically increased for mostly every provider, openvz can cost more than $100 per year. Does colocrossing increase their price affect those vps provider? I hope LET provider do not follow their step to massively increase price. I hope it is ok for this post to be here, it is about: "Low End Talk".

All those CC brands on LEB are created by Chris Fabozzi, you have to ask him.

• I prefer $100 a year working vps than a $10 year not working vps.

As long as the vps works great, why not.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @yokowasis said:
    I prefer $100 a year working vps than a $10 year not working vps.

If a $10 VPS doesn't work, try a $15 or 20 VPS first. It might work as good as a $100 VPS. Then your save your money and still get the same service.

• @yokowasis said:
    I prefer $100 a year working vps than a $10 year not working vps.

Can you show us the receipt for your $100 working VPS so that we can be convinced that you really mean it?