Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best pricing/reliable SSL provider ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best pricing/reliable SSL provider ?

I would need a EV SSL for a store. Which is the namesilo/porkbun site for EV SSL? At this moment the cheapest option is digicert. Any better options?

Comments

• iirc GoGetSSL.com was the cheapest for normal/wildcard SSL. Not sure for EV tho. But IMO EV ssl is dead anyway.

https://www.troyhunt.com/extended-validation-certificates-are-really-really-dead/

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Yeah with EV there isn't much point anymore. Chrome doesn't even display the green bar. It all just looks the same as a free LE SSL apart from displaying the company name. You might as well save your many pennies and just use Letsencrypt.

If you want to verify your business you can get a Business Verification Cert, but again save your pennies.

Also Digicert is never normally the cheapest. Look at ssl2buy.com which are normally around $70 per year.

• tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

I used COMODO EV in the past. They ask to send some documents about you and the company, and the verification of your business can take a few days, so you should also consider that, because some providers have other verification methods.

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited November 2019

I am using SSLs.com - A brand of Namecheap.

49% OFF EV SSL (only valid for 4 years)

=> Read more

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@manlivo said:
    I am using SSLs.com - A brand of Namecheap.

49% OFF EV SSL (only valid for 4 years)

=> Read more

Umm, that's super sketchy, as the CAs aren't allowed to issue certs for anything longer than 2 years. Not sure what they are trying to pull there.

• I believe how the 4 years work is they issue a 2 years cert and after 2 year you need to resubmit the csr for the other 2 year.

• some websites offer 2+2, as its not possible to offer 4

namecheap is very reliable, and as they name states: 'cheap'

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

We can provide this as well:

EV SSL:
    Yearly: 90€
    Two years: 140€

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@Razza said:
    I believe how the 4 years work is they issue a 2 years cert and after 2 year you need to resubmit the csr for the other 2 year.

Ohh lol. Gotcha, I get it. :smiley:

LetsEncrypt very prem....