Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud: Looking for feature confirmation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud: Looking for feature confirmation

MikyMiky Member

Hi,
As quite some of us, I have to use public clouds - not self-hosted - to share documents, sources and misc stuff with some customer(s).
In that case most of us look for 2 most important features:

• Shared files counted only against 1 quota
  • Ignore files/folders settings.

Is there any provider having these? Any you would recommend? Dropbox, Drive, OneDrive, Mega... The big ones clearly do not have.
pCloud has!

Thanks

Comments

• Miky said: As quite some of us, I have to use public clouds

Public clouds tend to produce more rainfall than a private cloud, in say a cloud chamber.

I would recommend enjoying the public clouds, perhaps one day it will rain burning potassium.

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime poisson
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

Is there a reason you can't use Nextcloud? Either self hosted or with a provider?

We provide managed Nextcloud hosting for VPS and dedicated servers, and individual Nextcloud accounts.

Thanked by 2angstrom Miky
  • @SpryServers_Tab Yes, plenty of reasons!

Of course I am a Nextcloud user, but that's a totally different purpose. I am trying to find some kind of recommendation I could give to non-IT customers for a public cloud service to share documents with.
    So far, I found pCloud was the best despite their dated web design.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@Miky said:
    @SpryServers_Tab Yes, plenty of reasons!

Of course I am a Nextcloud user, but that's a totally different purpose. I am trying to find some kind of recommendation I could give to non-IT customers for a public cloud service to share documents with.
    So far, I found pCloud was the best despite their dated web design.

So, with our individual Nextcloud accounts we've created custom Nextcloud clients that don't need you to enter the URL or do any type of configuration at all on the client end. (currently clients for Android, Windows and ArchLinux)

I'm not trying to sell you on it, as our basic account, which is suitable for most people, is free. I'm really just trying to see if there's a way we could meet your needs.

• Do any of the giant cloud storage providers actually enforce the storage limit? I was under the impression none of them do outside of clear abuses.

• @Nekki said:
    Do any of the giant cloud storage providers actually enforce the storage limit? I was under the impression none of them do outside of clear abuses.

Am pretty sure that Dropbox do

• @SpryServers_Tab said:

I'm not trying to sell you on it, as our basic account, which is suitable for most people, is free.

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab