Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

apnscp 3.1 released! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

apnscp 3.1 released!

Comments

• Hi @nem

I tried your panel on Lunanode, thanks @perennate

I dont know how long it took to install since I left it on 10/31 and just checked now. It seems to be installed but why did it modify my sshd_config? I changed the -p but Apnscp changed it back to default 22. The format and content of sshd_config also changed.

To be able to know that panel was already installed why not show something like ascii art when you ssh similar to what fastpanel.direct does?

I really had no clue that I had to access the login via port 2083 and 2082. I had to go back and read documentation.

I didnt like how

-it has timer when asking for install config modification instead of pausing
    -it rebooted the vps and cut me off ssh
    -i had to monitor installation via log instead of showing me progress when i ssh'd back
    -no visible progress or ETA duration

Just a feedback from a newbie and someone who isnt technical enough yet haha

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

To be able to know that panel was already installed why not show something like ascii art when you ssh similar to what fastpanel.direct does?

You may customize the motd if you'd like. It's unnecessary to login to the server once setup, so a decorative motd is moot. Also, I'd go nuts having to deal with a 40 line banner on login when pulling up the terminal on my phone. Keep it simple and have intention with every action.

I really had no clue that I had to access the login via port 2083 and 2082. I had to go back and read documentation.

It will send an email with your login information provided you set an email at install time. If the email wasn't received, make sure your receiving mail server didn't block the server.

I dont know how long it took to install since I left it on 10/31 and just checked now. It seems to be installed but why did it modify my sshd_config? I changed the -p but Apnscp changed it back to default 22. The format and content of sshd_config also changed.

cpcmd scope:set system.sshd-port 'newport' or you can setup a variety of ports, e.g. '[22,5401]'. Scopes are the preferred means to manage the server if provided. 55 different Scopes are provided in 3.1.

-it rebooted the vps and cut me off ssh

Has to disarm SELinux to proceed. The installer is intended for unassisted installation.

-no visible progress or ETA duration

Everything is managed via Ansible. There's no ETA with how it works nor playbook progression that I'm aware of. It would be nice to have, but also a problem with dynamic roles that can grow the playbook nondeterministically.

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • I didnt receive an email by the way. I forgot about that! It did ask for an email on your site before I copied the commands.

It might be my fault too since I just left it. Some details I already forget over the weekends.

@timelapse said:
    I didnt receive an email by the way. I forgot about that! It did ask for an email on your site before I copied the commands.

It might be my fault too since I just left it. Some details I already forget over the weekends.

It's in the last 50 lines of the log. It'll send and report back what the mail server responded. Would be worth investigating before going further :) Often times you end up with sloppy seconds on an IP address.

tail -n 50 /root/apnscp-bootstrapper.log

Look for the notify-installed task.

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

nem said: It will send an email with your login information provided you set an email at install time. If the email wasn't received, make sure your receiving mail server didn't block the server.

I had this issue when I setup mine as the test server I was using had incorrect A record set. I just set the password from the command line and carried on.

• kaz050457kaz050457 Member
    edited November 2019

2019-11-05 18:03:38,425 p=1283 u=root | TASK [common/merge-yaml-config : copy] ***************************************** 2019-11-05 18:03:49,327 p=1283 u=root | changed: [localhost] 2019-11-05 18:03:49,349 p=1283 u=root | TASK [apnscp/initialize-db : Verify appldb database exists] ******************** 2019-11-05 18:03:54,752 p=1283 u=root | An exception occurred during task execution. To see the full traceback, use -vvv. The error was: DETAIL: There is 1 other session using the database. 2019-11-05 18:03:54,753 p=1283 u=root | fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Database query failed: source database \"template1\" is being accessed by other users\nDETAIL: There is 1 other session using the database.\n"} 2019-11-05 18:03:54,754 p=1283 u=root | RUNNING HANDLER [common : Restart apnscp] ************************************** 2019-11-05 18:03:54,754 p=1283 u=root | RUNNING HANDLER [common : Restart apache] ************************************** 2019-11-05 18:03:54,754 p=1283 u=root | RUNNING HANDLER [common : Restart virtualhosting] ****************************** 2019-11-05 18:03:54,754 p=1283 u=root | RUNNING HANDLER [common : Restart vsftpd] ************************************** 2019-11-05 18:03:54,756 p=1283 u=root | PLAY RECAP ********************************************************************* 2019-11-05 18:03:54,756 p=1283 u=root | localhost : ok=480 changed=163 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=142 rescued=0 ignored=8

please add a progress bar/percentage on installation..

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

The best place to seek for support is the official apnscp forum.

Edit: nevermind...

@kaz050457 said:

2019-11-05 18:03:54,756 p=1283 u=root | localhost : ok=480 changed=163 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=142 rescued=0 ignored=8

You're the second person that's happened to. Was this a pristine install or upgrade from 3.0? Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so, psql template1 followed by select * FROM pg_stat_activity WHERE datname = 'template1';. You should only see 1 connection open, the current one checking for connection data. PM me if there's anything else.

counter_enabled was introduced in Ansible 2.7 but still problematic:

[WARNING]: Failure using method (v2_playbook_on_play_start) in callback plugin (<ansible.plugins.callback.counter_enabled.CallbackModule object at 0x7f0aeb613ed0>): list index out of range

e.g.

TASK 17/0 [check-requirements : Fail if system_hostname is gibberish]

That's the best option to provide feedback at this time and... it doesn't work as intended yet :anguished:

edited November 2019

@nem said:

@kaz050457 said:

2019-11-05 18:03:54,756 p=1283 u=root | localhost : ok=480 changed=163 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=142 rescued=0 ignored=8

You're the second person that's happened to. Was this a pristine install or upgrade from 3.0? Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so, psql template1 followed by select * FROM pg_stat_activity WHERE datname = 'template1';. You should only see 1 connection open, the current one checking for connection data. PM me if there's anything else.

counter_enabled was introduced in Ansible 2.7 but still problematic:

[WARNING]: Failure using method (v2_playbook_on_play_start) in callback plugin (<ansible.plugins.callback.counter_enabled.CallbackModule object at 0x7f0aeb613ed0>): list index out of range

e.g.

TASK 17/0 [check-requirements : Fail if system_hostname is gibberish]

That's the best option to provide feedback at this time and... it doesn't work as intended yet :anguished:

fresh install on fresh server
    provider:liquid webs

@kaz050457 said:
    fresh install on fresh server
    provider:liquid web

PM me the results from pg_stat_activity. Does restarting the install (systemctl restart bootstrapper-resume) fix things?

edited November 2019

@nem u got my pm?

update:

installation completed thanks..

• edited November 2019

Question:
    Is there anything that prevent you from releasing a docker image?

One for min install?
    One for the whole shebang?

It is controllable and testable.

@kaz050457 said:
    @nem u got my pm?

update:

installation completed thanks..

Install will pull code from edge releases, then switch back to preferred release schedule after install as of v3.1.6. This'll boost resiliency by allowing looping installs to complete as soon as a fix gets pushed upstream instead of waiting on a tagged release.

• Hello @nem I still couldnt login from ip:port

I already added a user, password and email via

https://gitlab.com/apisnetworks/apnscp/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.md

cpcmd auth_change_username NEWUSER
    cpcmd auth_change_password NEWPASSWORD
    cpcmd common_set_email [email protected]

edited November 2019

@greattomeetyou said:
    Question:
    Is there anything that prevent you from releasing a docker image?

One for min install?
    One for the whole shebang?

It is controllable and testable.

I've looked into it but didn't go down that rabbit hole once swap creation failed. apnscp supports prebuilt images and will be on DO's Marketplace hopefully pretty soon! A good VM will run through a prebuilt image in 10 minutes flat.

Ansible provides excellent control and retestability in a straightforward manner.

edited November 2019

@timelapse said:
    Hello @nem I still couldnt login from ip:port

I already added a user, password and email via

https://gitlab.com/apisnetworks/apnscp/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.md

cpcmd auth_change_username NEWUSER
    cpcmd auth_change_password NEWPASSWORD
    cpcmd common_set_email [email protected]

When using cpcmd auth:change-password, escape NEWPASSWORD with single quotes to disallow any interpolation, e.g. cpcmd auth:change-password '$simplepass'. Your domain is blank for the admin. Make sure it completed as well, tail -n 20 /root/apnscp-bootstrapper.log. You're looking for a failed=0 field at the very end to confirm installation.

• timelapsetimelapse Member
    edited November 2019

the result was 1 each time. but how to change password for specific user now?

can you add username to this command

cpcmd auth_change_password

Ah I didnt add '' to enclose the password so possibly thats why it says the username and pass dont match. Why didnt the readme say that

You can masquerade as another site using -d domain, e.g. cpcmd -d domain.com auth:change-password foobar

That’ll change the admin password on the domain.com account. Tips n tricks covers some more exotic commands whereas the cheatsheet covers common CLI invocations. You can always change the password for that user via Nexus in the panel as well.

• timelapsetimelapse Member
    edited November 2019

I havent set a domain yet btw. I think I only have 1 user anyway. I wast able to modify the install since the countdown in commandline was fast before I couldve entered a choice

Edit:
    Logged-in now. Its already using 7 gb storage, 22% cpu and 1.2 gb ram. Does it have reselling feature? Where I can create reseller plan? Thanks!

timelapse said: I havent set a domain yet btw. I think I only have 1 user anyway. I wast able to modify the install since the countdown in commandline was fast before I couldve entered a choice

Accounts are created after install. That's if you want to tweak any default settings, such as the default DNS provider, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and PHP versions. You can do those later on (except PostgreSQL) by altering /root/apnscp-vars.yml and running the Bootstrapper again with upcp -sb.

timelapse said: Logged-in now. Its already using 7 gb storage, 22% cpu and 1.2 gb ram. Does it have reselling feature? Where I can create reseller plan? Thanks!

When it first installs, all pending crons in /etc/cron.daily and /etc/cron.monthly run. This is a behavior of the anacron package. CPU usage hovers around 1-2% once everything is processed.

Reselling isn't the domain of the panel but the billing software. I've spoken a bit with Troy (Lithium Hosting) about extending it down the road to either add it as part of the WHMCS package or a separate paid addon. apnscp supports SSO from a parent account into its subordinate if the billing,parent_invoice matches billing,invoice. You can also edit, delete, suspend, and migrate sites en masse that have the same billing identifier. This is how I've done it for clients with Hostineer, but my billing software is a hot mess written with no intention to see the light of day.

Another avenue to consider is why, historically, has reseller support been necessary? Because in cPanel land everything under the account operates under the same user ID. That poses a significant security risk when say a plugin gets hacked allowing the attacker to access any user's email on the account. A similar vector of attack was with the Panama Papers. Once you're in as that user you can wreak havoc, even going so far as overriding the account admin email in .contactemail to request a password reset to gain access to the control panel. Sky's the limit then.

Each user runs under their own user ID. Access to one user won't permit access to other users unless explicitly granted. Domains can have different account owners under the same account (Web > Web Apps > Options > User). The "web user" (apache,webuser setting) is a general purpose system user that's jailed to the account. apnscp supports single-user behavior if you want the insecure cPanel approach, but it's 2019 - there are better ways of going about things.

Exciting updates for all!

Fastest panel install from a prebuilt image too. Completes in under 3 minutes :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Hi @nem, how to restore my license? Forgot to download/backup it.

@NanoG6 said:
    Hi @nem, how to restore my license? Forgot to download/backup it.

Purchased licenses through https://my.apnscp.com may be reissued. Just drop me a PM with your login so I can check the records and invalidate/reissue a license.

If the license was distributed for free during early adoption, those were distributed anonymously and cannot be reissued, so be sure to back up your license.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • @nem said:

@NanoG6 said:

Purchased licenses through https://my.apnscp.com may be reissued. Just drop me a PM with your login so I can check the records and invalidate/reissue a license.

If the license was distributed for free during early adoption, those were distributed anonymously and cannot be reissued, so be sure to back up your license

mat allow us to import our free licence on my.apnscp for security purpose.. Just add a fee for this process..

• Hi @nem

Please add the option to import our free license my.apnscp.com

@nem said:

@NanoG6 said:

If the license was distributed for free during early adoption, those were distributed anonymously and cannot be reissued, so be sure to back up your license.

• @nem said:

@NanoG6 said:

Thank you @nem, I'll recheck my backup drive maybe I have downloaded the license there ;)

@kaz050457 said:
    mat allow us to import our free licence on my.apnscp for security purpose.. Just add a fee for this process..

@suricloud said:
    Hi @nem

Please add the option to import our free license my.apnscp.com

When I gut the licensing portal this weekend I'll see what the implementation cost would be. If it's a simple task I'll consider it, but if I have to revamp the license generation process, which is what I suspect will have to happen, then the cost would be too great.

If you like the product, consider purchasing a license to support my development efforts! Paid licenses may be reissued at any time and best of all, put a roof over my head.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • Saw demo of apnscp. Nice work really!
    After likes of cpanel, plesk it is apnscp.

Keep it up guys! @nem

• FYI it would be good to have details about what apnscp is ... still couldn’t figure it out from your web site.