Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need smaller vps 2gb preferred and lots of bandwith anywhere in us
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need smaller vps 2gb preferred and lots of bandwith anywhere in us

I don't need a ton of disk. SSD Preferred nut HDD is fine. I need 2gb preferred but may manage with 1. a higher clock cpu would be nice but shouldn't be an issue. I just plan to use it for my friends to video chat across the country and we use a lot of bandwith. at least 2tb month but 100mbps unlimited SHOULD be okay. any offer please? im not looking to spend a ton since the only really think i need is some small ram and hdd. I do need it to support ubuntu 18.04

Thanks sorry for the rant.

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Hello I can offer you this in NJ

INTEL XEON E3-1245 V2
    2 DEDICATED CORE
    8 GB RAM
    200 GB HDD
    10TB BANDWIDTH
    01 IP

$5.00

Thanked by 1Dragoon0309
  • @georgedatacenter said:
    Hello I can offer you this in NJ

INTEL XEON E3-1245 V2
    2 DEDICATED CORE
    8 GB RAM
    200 GB HDD
    10TB BANDWIDTH
    01 IP

$5.00

Order link please? Thanks

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited October 2019

Deleted

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

hello @Dragoon0309 - guessing since you've been on this forum for a long time you're probably already familiar with the usual suspects for unmetered bw such as BuyVM

I've tried over a dozen providers here just over the last couple years so can recommend a few in the US that might suit your needs (offering 2TB or more bandwidth or unmetered, with preference for decent CPU)

first one that comes to mind (and probably has some of the best deals at the moment) would be @HostDoc

if central-ish location works best for "video chat across the country" then Dallas might be best (since they are on a Xeon Gold node there, really nice CPU performance, and on the hivelocity network). There is also service available in Kansas City Missouri with a lower-clocked CPU. And If west coast works then the new node in Los Angeles is pretty snappy in terms of CPU. I think you'll find several packages offering 2 TB monthly bandwidth for around $5 month if you check the recent offer thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160734/kvm-vps-from-10-y-nvme-hdd-ssd-new-location-launch/p1

Next on the short list for current deals might be wishosting (@exception0x876) - I see on offer with 5 TB monthly on a 1 Gbit/s port in Kansas City Missouri for about $5 per month on their sales page -> https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

@HostEONS does unmetered @ 100 Mbit/s in Los Angeles (Psychz and Multacom)

Also LetBox (@key900) might have something suitable in Los Angeles (Psychz)

On the east coast, you might want to check @launchvps in Philadelphia - they had an offer with 2 TB monthly traffic on a 500 Mbit/s port for $5.60 per month (or $48 if paid annually) - this is a solid service in my experience. Here is the recent-ish offer thread from them: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160456/monthly-yearly-kvm-deals-starting-2-90-high-i-o-zfs-ssd-ipv4-6-any-os-east-coast-usa/p1

@freerangecloud is often willing to put together a good custom deal - they have a location in west coast USA (Fremont @ HE) as well as Canada and elsewhere. Would suggest reachibng out to them for an offer if any of those locations are interesting to you.

Also might see what @SmartHost has to offer (several US locations - I'm not sure what a package with 2 TB monthly transfer would go for)

as Black Friday approaches some other providers I'd look to for good deals in various US locations with required bandwidth and (generally) strong CPU would include

• AlphaVPS.bg (@AlexBarakov) Los Angeles and New York
    • CrownCloud (@SpeedBus) - Los Angeles (Psychz and Quadranet)
    • drserver (@radi) - Dallas
    • extraVM (@Mike_A) - Dallas and Virginia, also Canada
    • HostHatch (@Abdullah) - Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York
    • InceptionHosting (@AnthonySmith) - Arizona
    • UltraVPS.eu (@UltraVPS) Los Angeles and Dallas
    • @VirMach - many US locations

And plenty others I haven't tried yet, will be interested to see what they have to offer as well ... such as SpryServers (@SpryServers_Tab) - who has a sale this month here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160673/spry-servers-fall-halloween-spooktacular-sale-up-to-40-off-dedicated-vps/p1 ... Also @AnyNode and ImpactVPS (@Awmusic12635) if OpenVZ would work.

Might also check https://serverhunter.com for even more options.

Happy hunting!

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

The above post should be made a permalink

Added later: similar for Europe and Asia

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • It is always an uplifting pleasure to drink from @uptime's Fountain of Wisdom.

• @vyas11 - thanks :) keep in mind however that the dynamic pursuit of superior potassium tends to be a moving target

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@uptime said:
    @vyas11 - thanks :) keep in mind however that the dynamic pursuit of superior potassium tends to be a moving target

In that case how about a dynamic permalink?

Inspired by static wordpress pages

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

vyas11 said: dynamic permalink?

hmmm - okay I actually do have some ideas for that :wink:

in the meantime I dunno, might consult with @ServerHunter if they have some API integration for an "uptime approved" tag or preferably some federated lowend equivalent (so as to minimize the "hit by a bus / bribery / blackmail" potential)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • uptime said: "uptime approved" tag

Thanked by 2uptime DP
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@ITLabs oooo shiny! Thanks, that's a keeper!

@Dragoon0309 - just noticed current offer from RamNode (@Nick_A) is also recommendable grist for your mill with several locations in the US: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160930/ramnode-cloud-ssd-vps-on-openstack-get-an-extra-25-cloud-credit/p1

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for tagging us in @uptime I would be happy to do a deal on our Chicken Plan: https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=99 and knock it down to $5/mo. Locations in the US are Ashburn and Fremont.

Course Black Friday is just around the corner and we'll probably be offering some deals then.

Thanked by 2uptime hide1hide
  • @freerangecloud likewise thanks for stepping up with a nice deal!

If I'm reading that offer correctly it comes with 5 TB of monthly transfer and 2 GB ECC ram - and hopefully the single vcore cpu and disk will be more than sufficient for whatever load a video chat might impose.

In any event, all indications from my experience with @freerangecloud so far (almost a year on the Fremont node) is that they are the real deal, ready willing and able to put forth the superior potassium.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@uptime said:
    Also might see what @SmartHost has to offer (several US locations - I'm not sure what a package with 2 TB monthly transfer would go for)

We are up to 11 locations in the US, and two in the Europe (UK/NL), with more planned for 2020.

You can upgrade our base KVM NVME SSD plan to 2TB pretty affordably:
    https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=12

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @SmartHost - thanks - just logged in to discover I somehow forgot to pay my monthly $6.95 that's been overdue for a few days. I'll have to doublecheck what possible twists I may have introduced to my inbox routing, but I'm not seeing an invoice for this month - will put in a ticket if it wasn't some obvious problem with email on my end (most likely scenario actually!). Anyway, happily now paid in full, without any interruption in service.

The deal I have (unadvertised KVM resource pool) might be interesting for @Dragoon0309 - for $6.95 a month I get

Pool - VPS Resources - KVM - Linux - NVME SSD
    Max Virtual Servers: 5
    Max Users (Match to VPS Quantity): 5
    Max Memory [MB]: 2GB - 2048MB
    Max Disk Space [GB]: 50GB NVME SSD
    Max Bandwidth [GB]: 2000GB/Month
    Max IPv4 Address (Minimum 1 per VPS): 5
    Max IPv6 Address: 5
    Server Management: None
    DDOS Protection: CA, TX, NV, CO, VA, NY, IL, WA, NL - 500Mbps / 500,000 PPS

Rock solid superior potassium since I signed up for this one in June.

• hzrhzr Member

this might be totally stupid question, but how the hell does talking to friends use up 33/66TB a month?! is that like 24/7 4k video with everyone always connected?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @hzr said:
    this might be totally stupid question, but how the hell does talking to friends use up 33/66TB a month?! is that like 24/7 4k video with everyone always connected?

The Truman Show (but in 4K)

Thanked by 2uptime bdl
  • @hzr - lol! seems like 2 TB per month is expected to suffice, as per comment buried in the OP request

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Afterburst or BuyVM if you don't want hard bandwidth limit.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Thanks for all the replies guys! Ive been busy and haven't had time to check back here. I appreciate all the in depth responses!

• @uptime said:
    @SmartHost - thanks - just logged in to discover I somehow forgot to pay my monthly $6.95 that's been overdue for a few days. I'll have to doublecheck what possible twists I may have introduced to my inbox routing, but I'm not seeing an invoice for this month - will put in a ticket if it wasn't some obvious problem with email on my end (most likely scenario actually!). Anyway, happily now paid in full, without any interruption in service.

The deal I have (unadvertised KVM resource pool) might be interesting for @Dragoon0309 - for $6.95 a month I get

> Pool - VPS Resources - KVM - Linux - NVME SSD
    > Max Virtual Servers: 5
    > Max Users (Match to VPS Quantity): 5
    > Max Memory [MB]: 2GB - 2048MB
    > Max Disk Space [GB]: 50GB NVME SSD
    > Max Bandwidth [GB]: 2000GB/Month
    > Max IPv4 Address (Minimum 1 per VPS): 5
    > Max IPv6 Address: 5
    > Server Management: None
    > DDOS Protection: CA, TX, NV, CO, VA, NY, IL, WA, NL - 500Mbps / 500,000 PPS
    > 

Rock solid superior potassium since I signed up for this one in June.

That's a premium pool there, holy locations batman.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • dahartigan said: holy locations batman

https://www.smarthost.net/data-centers.php

Piscataway is close enough to Gotham ... or Chicago might do in a pinch

can take a tour from Boston to Denver (and then on to LA - by way of Vegas baby!)

That KVM resource pool definitely makes for a nice little collection.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @uptime said:

dahartigan said: holy locations batman

https://www.smarthost.net/data-centers.php

Piscataway is close enough to Gotham ... or Chicago might do in a pinch

can take a tour from Boston to Denver (and then on to LA - by way of Vegas baby!)

That KVM resource pool definitely makes for a nice little collection.

I just noticed that in my smarthost account I actually did have this lol, a KVM pool and a VZ pool - I must have had a big night on the potassium when I ordered and forgot about them lol

Thanked by 1uptime