Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assistance configuring Proxmox networking with Hetzner [BRIDGED]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Assistance configuring Proxmox networking with Hetzner [BRIDGED]

tester4tester4 Member
edited November 2019 in Help

Hi there,

I am willing to pay a WHOPPING $5 to someone who can put me out of my misery, which can be done by figuring out how to configure this server I have to work properly with Hetzner. I am not a newbie and have tried absolutely everything I can find online so I'm just starting to think I'm plain stupid or there's something I'm missing.

PM ASAP!

Comments

• Hetzner is the easiest one to configure with especially by using allocated MAC address. No other magic or special configuration needed.

Since you aren't newbie, that should be damn easier for you. You should at least be able to share what/where you are stuck at.

• Shoot me a pm, won’t need anything. But if you live near NY, you will owe me a cup of coffee :)

• I figured it out, I had to add a broadcast IP to my configuration which was no where to be seen in 95% of online tutorials on the config.

Case closed!

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

1+ for @seriesn

or me :blush:

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • never needed nor used a broadcast IP with hetzner or proxmox at all. are you sure, you know what you are doing?

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited November 2019

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-network-config-on-hetzner.36245/

Second post was what made it work, any other mixture of configurations changed absolutely nothing. If you do research online, you will see that quite literally every page has a different config on what works @Falzo

• Trust Falzo, he knows more than you.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2019

I guess it's more about the netmask, as I have often seen this misconfigured because people tend to not bother even try to understand it ;-) not saying that adding a broadcast address is wrong though...

even in the thread you linked, the guy says that he added it for completness and that it's probably only beneficial for the direct neighbourhood of servers. later on someone else again states that broadcast and even pointopoint is not neccessairly needed.

but as said - of course you can add the broadcast address, I just doubt that that is what made it work in the end ;-)