Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buying licenses on LET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buying licenses on LET

What do people on the forum use to make software transfers etc reliable? Is there an escrow service or a 3rd party company people here use?

Comments

• paypal - send money with 100% trust. If no trust = don't proceed further.

no deals for whoever joined less than a month

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@mrclown said:
    If no trust = don't proceed further.

That is the key
    Service(s) to transfer the funds are secondary.
    Past few weeks have seen some innovative ways like 'Virmachpal' and the route use by Nekki (donate to charity) for transfers- VPS of course not licenses. They other important factor being the service provider allowing the transfer.

• well as a buyer how do I get the seller to trust. I am somewhat new to purchasing licensing from here. I do have a long old eBay account though. I guess PayPal is the safest bet? Send money as goods and services?

• G&S would be bad for the one providing the license transfer as you could chargeback easily. F&F would be bad for the one paying for the license to be transferred. In any case, you need trust.

• Bitcoin. Always go first.

• I check the account history and if I am not comfortable, no go. It is less likely to be a fraud with a longtime active non-jerk account.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

If you're going to pay with crypto then first ask them to download Teamviewer and see the license status as well as the ticket where it says it can be transferred from WHMCS yourself, as its easy to fabricate a screenshot now. So do not trust screenshots.

If they deny it, then there's the something wrong and you just saved your self some $xxx ;)

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @BlaZe said:
    If you're going to pay with crypto then first ask them to download Teamviewer and see the license status as well as the ticket where it says it can be transferred from WHMCS yourself, as its easy to fabricate a screenshot now. So do not trust screenshots.

If they deny it, then there's the something wrong and you just saved your self some $xxx ;)

Delete system32.

Thanked by 1BlaZe