Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF KVM Dallas (( Incero / Hivelocity ))
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LF KVM Dallas (( Incero / Hivelocity ))

Hey, I'm looking for a few KVM VMs running in Dallas. I'm hoping specifically the Incero/hivelocity datacenter, or something with very near it.

I'm going to need 3 VMs, and I want them on separate physical servers.

Specs:

2+ CPUs
2+ GB of RAM (Would love 4)
50 GB SSD
1 IPv4
1 IPv6

Looking to spend under 10$ per VM.

Goals:

Going to be running a cockroachdb cluster on them. As such I want some fairly good uptime. If you are going up and down a lot, just don't post.

Comments

• If you're looking for Incero in Dallas, as @Turboooo mentioned we can do that. Check out our flash sales in Dallas here: https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing/#1572341207331-5fc81a04-3ac1

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @dahartigan said:
    If you're looking for Incero in Dallas, as @Turboooo mentioned we can do that. Check out our flash sales in Dallas here: https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing/#1572341207331-5fc81a04-3ac1

How many years have you been in business?

• @AlyssaD said:

@dahartigan said:
    If you're looking for Incero in Dallas, as @Turboooo mentioned we can do that. Check out our flash sales in Dallas here: https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing/#1572341207331-5fc81a04-3ac1

How many years have you been in business?

HostDoc has been in business for over 2 years, and has grown from serving a few clients in the UK to serving many clients in every corner of the world in many locations.

• Speedykvm? I’m sure they have many nodes in Dallas as they are incero themselves. Try hitting up hivelocity or Ryan on Hostballs and see if they can set up the 3 vms in different node at a custom pricing.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

Definitely @HostDoc . That's their GOLD flagship production

Since ur asking for some SLA , suggest to take their packages at KVM.doctor instead and still within budget.

Thanked by 2dahartigan HostDoc
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

My Dallas plans on Hivelocity have a few of the 42% off recurring promo uses left. Something to consider. Just use "ryz42" as the promo at checkout. It would bring 3GB to $10.44/m or 2GB to $6.96/m. Only downside is smaller SSD space than what you want, uses Ryzen 3900X, ECC RAM, RAID SS Pro NVMe.

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited November 2019

@MikeA said:
    My Dallas plans on Hivelocity have a few of the 42% off recurring promo uses left. Something to consider. Just use "ryz42" as the promo at checkout. It would bring 3GB to $10.44/m or 2GB to $6.96/m. Only downside is smaller SSD space than what you want, uses Ryzen 3900X, ECC RAM, RAID SS Pro NVMe.

I can vouch for sir @MikeA. Very prem. Though, both Hostdoc and ExtraVM only has one node in Dallas iirc.

• @muffin said:

@MikeA said:

I can vouch for sir @MikeA. Very prem. Though, both Hostdoc and ExtraVM only has one node in Dallas iirc.

Both are premium CPU also, we have Intel Xeon Gold and ExtraVM have the Ryzen.

• imokimok Member
    edited November 2019

SpeedyKVM definitely for a good service. Use the name of the other forum to get a discount.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

@muffin said:

I have another, but it's on Psychz and I don't setup servers on it anymore unless asked since it uses worse hardware. If the 3900X stock goes I will setup another system, I just didn't originally because I knew the promo orders would be a lot of turnover. Might do another when the 3950X releases anyway.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @muffin said:

That has been a great nono for me with hostdoc. If the node fails, you are screwed for a good time, but if you have enough redundancy and disaster recovery plan it could work for you.

I hope they get more hardware in Dallas soon.

• DrServer is on Incero / Hivelocity @Radi

• @MikeA said:
    "ryz42"

:sunglasses:

• @imok said:
    SpeedyKVM definitely for a good service. Use the name of the other forum to get a discount.

Code only works for 1 VM :(

• @FrankZ said:
    DrServer is on Incero / Hivelocity @Radi

Drserver has 4cpu/4gb/90gb ssd for 7$/month with promo. Not sure how many nodes though

• @king8654 said:

@FrankZ said:
    DrServer is on Incero / Hivelocity @Radi

Drserver has 4cpu/4gb/90gb ssd for 7$/month with promo. Not sure how many nodes though

I'd love that if I could get three of them.

• Contact @radi here or his site, I've always had fantastic support from him

• DazzleDazzle Member
    edited November 2019

@intovps has Dallas and its al cheapo

Thanked by 1intovps
  • 3> @AlyssaD said:

@imok said:

What code are you using?

• HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited November 2019

We currently have 2 nodes with Incero, one HDD storage node and the other as mentioned in this thread, a xeon gold with NVMe SSD + HDD.
    Uptime is currently 99.9% with a 99.7% uptime guarantee.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @AlyssaD said:

@imok said:

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • @HostDoc said:
    We currently have 2 nodes with Incero, one HDD storage node and the other as mentioned in this thread, a xeon gold with NVMe SSD + HDD.
    Uptime is currently 99.9% with a 99.7% uptime guarantee.

Those are some really neat stats.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @imok said:

@AlyssaD said:

@imok said:

It is looking like I am going to have 3 different providers for each KVM.

• That would be even better I think.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@AlyssaD - these are all good providers, so can diversify your holdings among them with confidence :) (I seem to have acquired a service or two in Dallas with all three of these providers as well. Good stuff.)

• I would diversify across drserver and hostdoc (and maybe speedykvm).
    You'd get true isolation from rack and switch network partitions.