Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes-MegaDealThursday-NVME KVM [email protected]/mo-5GBRAM/70GBNVME Space-1$ Windows Server License - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes-MegaDealThursday-NVME KVM [email protected]/mo-5GBRAM/70GBNVME Space-1$ Windows Server License

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@dragon1993 said:

@uptime said:
    @dragon1993

@seriesn said:
    will last till Sunday or till stock runs out.

I was thinking about the VPS activation time.

no idea - but do keep in mind that at this moment it is approximately 7 AM on a Saturday morning (for east coast USA) ... :expressionless:

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • If there is one thing in serious short supply in LET, it is patience.

• well ... it's a fair question to ask I guess

given how these systems are supposed to be so freaking fast

speed freaks will be like moths to a flame for this one :smiley:

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@uptime

Are you mothing?

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @vyas11 right now ... I am making some yogurt.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2019

dragon1993 said: I was thinking about the VPS activation time.

Nothing is pending as of now. It is such a cozy morning, with a hint of cold and rain, I was really having a hard time leaving my bed. Sorry for the delay boss.

Welcome to the family :)

Limpan said: Was supposed to save some money for BF deals, but this is totally worth it so far. So damn fast!

BF Is overrated. Welcome to the family :)

@vyas11 said:
    @uptime

Are you mothing?

@uptime said:
    @vyas11 right now ... I am making some yogurt.

I am done! This made me giggle, despite not having my coffee yet! hahaha.

Thanked by 3uptime Limpan ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

@vyas11 said:
    @uptime

Are you mothing?

@uptime said:

Mothing, 3

Where exactly does yogurt fit into this???? :confused:

Thanked by 2vyas11 uptime
  • Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@uptime said:

Nah. Too much effort. I’d just leave the milk outside overnight . Bright and early in the morning sour milk yoghurt is ready. It helps that temperature is normally 20-22 deg C many
    moths
    months of the year.

In some instances it may be referred to idling the milk container.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

the nights are getting cool here, and the raccoons are fearless

• pkrpkr Member
    edited November 2019

Poor uptime. VPS went offline after ~30 hours.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2019

@pkr said:
    Poor uptime. VPS went offline after ~30 hours.

Boss,
    Do you have a ticket# that I can work with? I have 0 unplanned downtimes reports on anything right now.

I have 2 nodes up and running for the promo
    Node 1 uptime -> 4 days, 6 hours, 15 minutes.
    Node 2 uptime -> 1 days, 3 hours, 1 minute (Server went live yesterday).

I am really curious to know what is going on.

• VPS was offline for several hours. I restarted my VPS, but it did not work. So, I thought to turn it OFF and then ON. That worked. Now it's up and running. Ticket#778234

• pkr said: VPS was offline for several hours. I restarted my VPS, but it did not work. So, I thought to turn it OFF and then ON. That worked. Now it's up and running. Ticket#778234

That is totally weird boss! I have responded to your ticket already and would love to dig deep into the issues. Could be something on my end, could be something on your end (rouge software and firewalls are a thing).

P.S. For the future, I would really appreciate if you open a support ticket first and allow me time to work on issues, before posting publicly, vs posting in a public forum and opening ticket after an hour :(.

• @uptime said:

Is that what the kids are calling it now?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • CokoMlekoCokoMleko Member
    edited November 2019

I am actually using their free shared hosting, I saw it on http://servedez.com/ and they are awesome

• @CokoMleko said:
    I am actually using their free shared hosting, I saw it on http://servedez.com/ and they are awesome

Thanks for being part of the family dude :)

• Almost twice as fast as the finest VPS I've ever used. That's amazing!
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/519629

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@seriesn said:

That is totally weird boss! I have responded to your ticket already and would love to dig deep into the issues. Could be something on my end, could be something on your end (rouge software and firewalls are a thing).

P.S. For the future, I would really appreciate if you open a support ticket first and allow me time to work on issues, before posting publicly, vs posting in a public forum and opening ticket after an hour :(.

The issue sounds similar to the virtualiser one in the DE test VPS?

Edited the rest of my previous post in response to the update from seriesn below.

• @Developer_HZH said:
    Almost twice as fast as the finest VPS I've ever used. That's amazing!
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/519629

Boss, Thank you for joining my Family :).

• vyas11 said: The issue sounds similar to the virtualiser one in the DE test VPS?

Actually not at all Boss.

That snafu happened when I was migrating Old Master to a new box and did not update bunch of API and IP white listings properly.

I will be honest, I fell asleep while I was in between analyzing the logs. I will followup with the @pkr once I have done my due diligence and hopefully we can either chalk it off as a random software glitch or find the source and ensure it will never happen.

• @seriesn said:

vyas11 said: The issue sounds similar to the virtualiser one in the DE test VPS?

Actually not at all Boss.

That snafu happened when I was migrating Old Master to a new box and did not update bunch of API and IP white listings properly.

I will be honest, I fell asleep while I was in between analyzing the logs. I will followup with the @pkr once I have done my due diligence and hopefully we can either chalk it off as a random software glitch or find the source and ensure it will never happen.

:+1:

As my Professor used to say - keep making new mistakes, that's how you will learn. Keep making the same mistakes, and you will never earn.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • vyas11 said: As my Professor used to say - keep making new mistakes, that's how you will learn. Keep making the same mistakes, and you will never earn.

Or "Asian Parenting" - Repeating the same mistake twice? Heh! We wish!

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • I have a confession to make: I got the 2GB box.

I don't have benchmarks now, but at 3.25 per month, the performance felt as fast as, if not faster, than an instance I spun up from Upcloud that cost 20 bucks a month.

Thursdays > Fridays.

• Haven't thought of a use for mine, yet. Idling like a champ! ;)

• @seriesn no offense meant, but you have a weird way of counting thursdays.
    also friendly reminder about the rule of an offer every ten days only. everything else makes you look desperate anyway and you don't want to be on a LEBfeed level, do you? ;-)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @Falzo said:
    @seriesn no offense meant, but you have a weird way of counting thursdays.
    also friendly reminder about the rule of an offer every ten days only. everything else makes you look desperate anyway and you don't want to be on a LEBfeed level, do you? ;-)

He thought the rule was weekly, i.e. 7 days but he apologised for it and I am not expecting to see another post until the Thursday after next. Let's see what he can concoct after this.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2019

Falzo said: @seriesn no offense meant, but you have a weird way of counting thursdays.

Good morning sir!

I am not going to lie, I totally forgot about the 10-day rules, solely because every other forum offer rule is 7 days. My old mind is not as sharp as it used to be :(. Not an excuse, neither justifying myself. Simply human error, due to my own negligence. won't ever happen again! You got my word, Sir!

• poisson said: I have a confession to make: I got the 2GB box.

EYY! Welcome to the family broski :)

AlwaysSkint said: Idling like a champ!

My wifey said the same thing about me. Not about the VPS but something else and I got butthurt......

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Haven't thought of a use for mine, yet. Idling like a champ! ;)

Put APNSCP on it. Free lifetime license now in @nem's thread. See how fast it installs. This is quite an intense CP to install and normally takes 2 hours on a lowend VPS. See if this box totally smashes the installation time record.