Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do you use 2checkout?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why do you use 2checkout?

We added 2checkout recently as an alternative to Paypal and Payza.

Just wondering why users are using 2checkout over the other 2.

We're looking at adding further payment gateways and would like to know what makes you decide on using a particular gateway.

Thanks!

Comments

• We don't. The fees seem horrible for non-USA merchants. Also i don't see sensible options for withdrawing money from 2checkout.

• @rds100 said:
    We don't. The fees seem horrible for non-USA merchants. Also i don't see sensible options for withdrawing money from 2checkout.

Yeah the fees are horrible. I was just going to give it a try and seeing that a lot of users picked it up am wondering why they are using it. Maybe there could be a less fee intensive alternative.

Though Payza's fees aren't better for us.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

Edit: nevermind

• @concerto49 said:

Just wondering why users are using 2checkout over the other 2.

Usually just because other 2 aren't offered by host from some reason and nothing else.

• For some reason, if the provider I'm interested in, using 2Checkout, I will step back a little.

I have a bad experience with Semoweb, since they don't use Paypal, but use 2Checkout instead, my payment just sat there for several days. No receipt confirmation, so I have to make a confirmation to them, and also give them the screen shot of my Paypal/CC

But different with Internet.bs, since they don't accept Paypal, and the CC processed by 2Checkout, I have to use it, but the approval is instant, after sending my payment, Internet.bs processed my order, for example domain purchase or renewal.

• wychwych Member

2Checkout either works or takes ages to process, and if your non-US the fee's are high.

Of the providers I have used 2Checkout seems the easiest cart to checkout through, and its useful it remembers 99% of my details for re-bill.

• @mpkossen said:

I know the 2co alternatives :) I'm just wondering what drives users to 2co. Have Bitpay, Stripe, Skrill and Braintree Payments in the works. Not all will go through, but definitely more will be added.

• I'm just wondering what drives users to 2co.

Most likely nothing. I see this just as another self-promotion thread :)

• @concerto49 said:
    mpkossen said:
    I know the 2co alternatives :) I'm just wondering what drives users to 2co. Have Bitpay, Stripe, Skrill and Braintree Payments in the works. Not all will go through, but definitely more will be added.

No offense meant, was just trying to point out historical discussions and their arguments in favor and not in favor of 2CO :-)

• 5.5% + $0.55 fee I think we get charged, payments actually take a few days to deposit into your balance which is a bitch, but other than that it's worked out good for us.

• @Spirit said:
    Most likely nothing. I see this just as another self-promotion thread :)

I hope not :) In comparison the ratio of Payza users is A LOT less. So there must be reasons.

• 2checkout is too expensive and they don't have any logic in account signup..this is my experience with them.

I signed up for an account 1 year ago.. paying a signup fee.. since most of my transactions happen through paypal, I didn't use if for some time. Before a month, I checked my account and learned that it is not active any more, they even didn't inform me about this..

I contacted them and they mentioned that they cannot reactivate and advised to signup for a new one and provided me a promo code so that they don't charge.. but this account was a demo account and they asked me to provide proof for transactions that I sell for a minimum amount online, I send them hard copy of the bills to my customers but they said this cannot be taken as proof and need transaction details..

I don't understand their logic as based on their website, whatever we sell through them they charge a transaction fee and some flat fee.. so why they need transaction details? any way I replied them that. I don't need this service and have found other cheaper providers..