Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Resources
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Resources

So, I have a few domains currently, and I am going to start developing them, slowly. Currently, you can say each of them has 0 traffic, however, I hope in the not too distant future, turn these sites into blogs and start to monetize them. My question is, if I am going to build them on a single VPS, what type of resources should I start with (ball park). At this point lets say I have 3-5 domains. Can a 4gb 2 CPU vps handle this currently easily (3-5 wordpress instances) with little to no traffic? Do I need to go beefier or is this overkill?

Just looking for some feedback.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K

Comments

• Recently we had a thread with plenty of advice on this subject.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Thanks ill look through that!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

tomahawkeer said: Can a 4gb 2 CPU vps handle this currently easily (3-5 wordpress instances) with little to no traffic?

sure . It can

• tomahawkeer said: Can a 4gb 2 CPU vps handle this currently easily (3-5 wordpress instances) with little to no traffic?

Ofcourse it can. I'm running around 10-15 wordpress sites with little traffic (1000 visitors per site/day) on a low end vps with caching and CDN. It's 1 GB vps. I've few more wordpress sites running on shared hosting perfectly!

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Sofia_K said: Ofcourse it can. I'm running around 10-15 wordpress sites with little traffic (1000 visitors per site/day) on a low end vps with caching and CDN. It's 1 GB vps. I've few more wordpress sites running on shared hosting perfectly!

I am running 1 wordpress site with no traffic on 8 core 32gb ddr4 dedicated server

• 4gb 2 CPU can handle 1000wp sites as long as your sites are not 1000plugins monster

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • Ok, cool so I guess a better question might be is there a good guide to follow in regards to optimization?

• @tomahawkeer said:
    So, I have a few domains currently, and I am going to start developing them, slowly. Currently, you can say each of them has 0 traffic, however, I hope in the not too distant future, turn these sites into blogs and start to monetize them. My question is, if I am going to build them on a single VPS, what type of resources should I start with (ball park). At this point lets say I have 3-5 domains. Can a 4gb 2 CPU vps handle this currently easily (3-5 wordpress instances) with little to no traffic? Do I need to go beefier or is this overkill?

I would think that a 4Gb, 2 core VPS should be able to handle them. Make sure that you go with SSD or NVMe based drive as that provides significantly better performance. If you plan on having SSL for each of those sites, you may need more than 1 IP address so check the price of additional IPs as well in that case.

• @WiredBlade said:

@tomahawkeer said:

I would think that a 4Gb, 2 core VPS should be able to handle them. Make sure that you go with SSD or NVMe based drive as that provides significantly better performance. If you plan on having SSL for each of those sites, you may need more than 1 IP address so check the price of additional IPs as well in that case.

Honestly, I more than likely would like to go with a lower spec than the 4Gb of ram, and keep costs down initially. I am just trying to get a ballpark idea of what I will need to start, and how well / long it would scale before I need to migrate to or upgrade the VPS.

• @tomahawkeer said:

@WiredBlade said:

@tomahawkeer said:

Honestly, I more than likely would like to go with a lower spec than the 4Gb of ram, and keep costs down initially. I am just trying to get a ballpark idea of what I will need to start, and how well / long it would scale before I need to migrate to or upgrade the VPS.

On a Linux platform, even 1GB RAM should be enough so you could always start with 1GB and if you do see memory being used up, you can always just upgrade out to 2GB or more later. This is very easy to do with VPS.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just start small.