Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LETBOX ] About LETBOX B3 Block Storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LETBOX ] About LETBOX B3 Block Storage

Make your disk double!
I think it's a bug
It’s been almost a month since the purchase.But often receive their tickets,Tell me, I only have 3TB of storage, but I created 6TB, even 12TB;
Yesterday I received their tickets again, they told me that they became 6TB again (I didn’t have enough traffic in the previous week, so I upgraded the traffic), and next time they will terminate my service, even I sent me Screenshots of the machines, they still say that I am deliberate, I think their customer service does not understand technology at all.And will not admit their mistakes. Because of this problem, I did an experiment last night and spent $1.81 to upgrade a 1TB hard drive. very good!
Hahaha!
It has become a double hard drive (6TB)
It makes me very sad, my data is inside, so you give me a termination, this is not a problem that can be solved by a little incident!
I sincerely hope that you can fix this bug and push it to the user without any problems. If it is 6TB or even 12TB, why not use it?
https://i.nz.ma/images/2019/11/01/185d447d8718ec98a.jpg
https://i.nz.ma/images/2019/11/01/2c5a02e071c91802c.jpg
https://i.nz.ma/images/2019/11/01/Screenshot_20191031-223242_JuiceSSH1cb68fda7e221952.jpg

Comments

• I don't understand this exactly. Was there a bug on their panel, and you created a 6TB drive instead of your allocated 4TB? Or there was a system error which changed your 3TB drive to 6TB automatically?

• @sanvit said:
    I don't understand this exactly. Was there a bug on their panel, and you created a 6TB drive instead of your allocated 4TB? Or there was a system error which changed your 3TB drive to 6TB automatically?

By default, a 3TB hard drive is created, and then upgraded or downgraded. After a while, the previously created disk will become 6TB, which will be pushed to 12TB. More than 12TB will prompt the file is too large

• OP is saying he exploited the control panel which allowed him to create more block storage than he is entitled to. He is bragging about it too. Grab the popcorn guys.

Thanked by 3vimalware BBTN coreflux
  • @Bani991 said:
    After a while, the previously created disk will become 6TB, which will be pushed to 12TB. More than 12TB will prompt the file is too large

So this happens due to a system error (automatically upgrades without any user input), or you can upgrade to 6TB and 12TB due to a system bug?

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited November 2019

Pinging @key900 anyway. It seems like he took advantage of the bug that was reported on Discord months ago (and was supposed to be fixed?).

• @sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:
    After a while, the previously created disk will become 6TB, which will be pushed to 12TB. More than 12TB will prompt the file is too large

So this happens due to a system error (automatically upgrades without any user input), or you can upgrade to 6TB and 12TB due to a system bug?

automatically upgrades without any user input
    The prerequisite is that you need to upgrade or downgrade and pay

• @Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

No, i meant the size of the block storage (the drive itself), not your allowance

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited November 2019

@dahartigan said:
    OP is saying he exploited the control panel which allowed him to create more block storage than he is entitled to. He is bragging about it too. Grab the popcorn guys.

@dahartigan said:
    OP is saying he exploited the control panel which allowed him to create more block storage than he is entitled to. He is bragging about it too. Grab the popcorn guys.

There is a bug? in their control panel, and if I understand correctly, an upgrade will trigger a doubled disk size. All he did was upgrade the vps for more bandwidth, but the support got angry because it doubled his disk space. Now the client is angry because they blame it on him instead of themself, and did an experiment to upgrade his storage and he is sharing it to the public, so that Letbox will actually fix the bug that he claims was there from the beginning of his service.

Edit: The screenshot shows that he isn’t using 6TB or 12TB but under his actual limits, so he isn’t abusing or taking advantage of.

• Bani991Bani991 Member
    edited November 2019

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

No, i meant the size of the block storage (the drive itself), not your allowance

It should be a system error, I just want to upgrade double the traffic!And I have never noticed the disk changes in the panel.

• @Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

It should be a system error, I just want to upgrade double the traffic!And I have never noticed the disk changes in the panel.

I didn't use it. I don't even know. You can see the last picture

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited November 2019

@Bani991 said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

Yeah, according to your JuiceSSH screenshot, it indeed tells that you are only using 3TB of it. Sorry for accusing you for it. Can you elaborate about the 6TB and 12TB you mentioned though?
    Maybe a screenshot of the ticket (with personal info redacted ofcourse) would be also nice

• Bani991Bani991 Member
    edited November 2019

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

Yeah, according to your JuiceSSH screenshot, it indeed tells that you are only using 3TB of it. Sorry for accusing you for it. Can you elaborate about the 6TB and 12TB you mentioned though?
    Maybe a screenshot of the ticket (with personal info redacted ofcourse) would be also nice

12TB is the time I tried to upgrade when I backed up the data last night. There were no screenshots at the time, but there are several 6TBs below.
    https://i.nz.ma/images/2019/11/01/imagec6059963b2af261a.png
    https://i.nz.ma/images/2019/11/01/imagec3d5828c708069b1.png

The first time was because I upgraded 8GB of RAM, so I didn't notice this problem.

• cool. gonna "upgrade my traffic" now.

• @cybertech said:
    cool. gonna "upgrade my traffic" now.

Be careful to delete your account.Hahaha

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

12TB is the time I tried to upgrade when I backed up the data last night. There were no screenshots at the time, but there are several 6TBs below.

Now I'm more confused. So did you created multiple 3TB disks, or did the system somehow automatically added a 3TB disk to your existing VM (TBH LetBox's control panel is/was a bit buggy so I won't be surprised if the system automatically added another 3TB drive to the VM)?

• @Bani991 said:
    I think their customer service does not understand technology at all.And will not admit their mistakes.

That is correct and not exceptional for you. Anyway, I canceled both in first month because of that.

Taking advantage of bug is yet another kind of abuse if you were in their shoes and considering your neighbours from LET. Hope you could sort out with them.

• Bani991Bani991 Member
    edited November 2019

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

Now I'm more confused. So did you created multiple 3TB disks, or did the system somehow automatically added a 3TB disk to your existing VM (TBH LetBox's control panel is/was a bit buggy so I won't be surprised if the system automatically added another 3TB drive to the VM)?

It's really one after you've added it.
    Wait a while to upgrade or downgrade, the two 3TB only appeared once,The other twice are attached to the original disk

So I can't explain the source of it, let alone I didn't know it, I didn't use it.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

This can't be right, Did you know how many clients are upgraded everyday? there is no such thing the bug where reported at discord community like a month back allowing add more blocked storage and it fixed in a couple of days later . We mentioned that no one tried to use it because sooner or later it will be deleted and the data will be lost. we are receiving upgrades/downgrades everyday NOT ONE GOT DOUBLE DISK, Your account broken since you take advantage of the bug and increased your Block Storage Disk. so it required to re-updated it again we asked you to moving your data in same VPS and we add more block Storage to transfers.

• @key900 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

This can't be right, Did you know how many clients are upgraded everyday? there is no such thing the bug where reported at discord community like a month back allowing add more blocked storage and it fixed in a couple of days. as we mentioned that no one tried to use it because sooner or later it will be deleted and the data will be lost. we are receiving upgrades/downgrades everyday NOT ONE GOT DOUBLE DISK, Your account broken since you take advantage of the bug and increased your Block Storage Disk. so it required to re-updated it again we asked you to moving your data in same VPS and we add more block Storage to transfers, Well this first time that you can using traffic for transferring data in same VPS? now you blamed us using your bandwidth?

No, I didn't use extra space before this, as shown in the figure, I don't know what's going on, I don't blame it for using my double traffic, I mean just let you fix this problem.

Now you reply to me and tell me that the problem is solved, but I still can't upgrade or downgrade. I am worried that this kind of problem will appear again. You will delete my account, so I will upgrade or downgrade in the future. I will only send tickets and let you Help me upgrade.

@Bani991 said:

@key900 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

This can't be right, Did you know how many clients are upgraded everyday? there is no such thing the bug where reported at discord community like a month back allowing add more blocked storage and it fixed in a couple of days. as we mentioned that no one tried to use it because sooner or later it will be deleted and the data will be lost. we are receiving upgrades/downgrades everyday NOT ONE GOT DOUBLE DISK, Your account broken since you take advantage of the bug and increased your Block Storage Disk. so it required to re-updated it again we asked you to moving your data in same VPS and we add more block Storage to transfers, Well this first time that you can using traffic for transferring data in same VPS? now you blamed us using your bandwidth?

No, I didn't use extra space before this, as shown in the figure, I don't know what's going on, I don't blame it for using my double traffic, I mean just let you fix this problem.

Now you reply to me and tell me that the problem is solved, but I still can't upgrade or downgrade. I am worried that this kind of problem will appear again. You will delete my account, so I will upgrade or downgrade in the future. I will only send tickets and let you Help me upgrade.

Go ahead and upgrade if this ever happens to you keep the free space satisfied?

BTW: I just did happy now? Did you see that your disk got double?

• @key900 said:

@Bani991 said:

@key900 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

Because I didn't know this problem before, because I just upgraded the bandwidth, the machine did not restart, all did not notice the background disk until you remind me;
    The disk has not changed;
    but Network Rate 1 MB/s (8 Mbps)

@Bani991 said:

@key900 said:

@Bani991 said:

@key900 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

Because I didn't know this problem before, because I just upgraded the bandwidth, the machine did not restart, all did not notice the background disk until you remind me;

You really need to be patient the upgrade will take 5 to 10 minutes once next cron job done.

Thanks

• @key900 said:

@Bani991 said:

@key900 said:

@Bani991 said:

@key900 said:

@sanvit said:

@Bani991 said:

You really need to be patient the upgrade will take 5 to 10 minutes once next cron job done.

Thanks

OK, I was worried about my data because you said to disable the account,Everything is back to good, its performance is very good

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Well, at least this got resolved :)

• Some post-Halloween drama

• I want free double disk too

• @key900 are you giving away double disk ? If yes, then I would like to be an applicant. :smiley:

• @samm said:
    @key900 are you giving away double disk ? If yes, then I would like to be an applicant. :smiley:

We need first find bug then make big drama. As not savvy to find one, gave up shortly

edited November 2019

@cybertech said:
    I want free double disk too

Count me 😁