Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mxroute blocking emails from Buyshared?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mxroute blocking emails from Buyshared?

I have a Buyshared reseller account used for testing Directadmin. I sent a few test emails to a couple of different email domains/accounts I have on Mxroute, but they are not being received.

If I send from Buyshared to email accounts at Gmail and Protonmail, the emails are being received.

Anyone else have a Buyshared account that they can test sending to an Mxroute account?

Comments

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

I shall test this for you momentarily ... but have to state the obvious first.

Each new user account on DA/cP has to be opened for sending mail. Have you sent a ticket requesting mail ports to be opened for the user account in question?

Weblogics said: If I send from Buyshared to email accounts at Gmail and Protonmail, the emails are being received.

I know that you stated this, but you did not specifically state that the emails were originating from the same account on BuyShared...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2019

Put in a ticket.

I'll have a chat with Jarland to see where we might be causing him issues and fix it up :)

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2019

Nope, not blocking emails from buyshared :)

May well be what @bikegremlin mentioned, just the DA version of it. If the domain is in DA it tries to route all outbound mail to that domain locally. To get around that, you have to go into Email Manager > MX Records, then uncheck "Use this server to handle my e-mails." You'd do that on the buyshared side, to be clear.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2019

alento said: I shall test this for you momentarily ...

I can confirm that other than my personal blindness and lack of typing skills (who the hell decided to put the 'c' next to the 'x' on the keyboard!) that mails from both cP and DA on BuyShared in LV works fine being delivered to both Banshee (cP) and Lisa (DA) at MXRoute.

Now, off to see the optometrist.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

alento said: I can confirm that other than my personal blindness and lack of typing skills (who the hell decided to put the 'c' next to the 'x' on the keyboard!) that mails from both cP and DA on BuyShared in LV works fine being delivered to both Banshee (cP) and Lisa (DA) at MXRoute.

Yeah but what does Ja Rule think?

Francisco

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I LOVE your tutorials. Well done mate.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Thanks all. I'll try Jar and bikegremlin's suggestions.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited November 2019

@MikePT said:

Such feedback coming from an expert really means a lot. :)

I'd also be very grateful for any corrections, or improvement suggestions.

@jar
    In case the info helps: I've had the scenario with cPanel and Centos (didn't try any fix on Centos, just explained the problem to the website owner - suppose they had it fixed one way or another).

It's not an MXroute problem. From my experience so far: it never is. Not being sarcastic - they are super helpful (and know this stuff perfectly well). Whichever problem I've had, it was always been either my setup, or something hosting related - MXroute does what it says it does and does it well.

Thanked by 3MikePT skorous jar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2019

@bikegremlin said:

@MikePT said:

Such feedback coming from an expert really means a lot. :)

I'd also be very grateful for any corrections, or improvement suggestions.

@jar
    In case the info helps: I've had the scenario with cPanel and Centos (didn't try any fix on Centos, just explained the problem to the website owner - suppose they had it fixed one way or another).

It's not an MXroute problem. From my experience so far: it never is. Not being sarcastic - they are super helpful (and know this stuff perfectly well). Whichever problem I've had, it was always been either my setup, or something hosting related - MXroute does what it says it does and does it well.

Its very easy to read your tutorials. I don’t think I could do better. Looks like you were born to do that... 😁
    Keep it up!

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • @alento said:

alento said: I shall test this for you momentarily ...

I can confirm that other than my personal blindness and lack of typing skills (who the hell decided to put the 'c' next to the 'x' on the keyboard!) that mails from both cP and DA on BuyShared in LV works fine being delivered to both Banshee (cP) and Lisa (DA) at MXRoute.

Now, off to see the optometrist.

Banshee is a fucking awesome show. One of the best fight scenes EVER was in the last season with Proctor's non-talking guy. Highly recommended.