Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stripe for hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stripe for hosting?

LeviLevi Member

Who successfully use stripe as primary payment gateway in hosting business? I'am looking for payment gateway which supports Europe countries.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Recommended

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Stripe support more option of payment and more advanced fraud protection now compare to PayPal. So definitely recommended.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Stripe is really recommended but our experience with them is not so good when it's comes to chargebacks aor fraud

If your business target is Europe then I would recommend
    https://www.mollie.com/en/

Or

https://www.braintreepayments.com/

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I recommend stripe, if you also do extra checks rather than randomly accepting orders.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Mollie does not support hosting services at all. I contacted them previously. If you are with mollie, you are playing very dangerous game.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Have fun with Stripe, a few web hosting companies have been told they won't be able to use Stripe anymore.

As long as you don't pose a risk to them you'll be fine.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Use Liberty Reserve or Payza :3

• LyraHostingLyraHosting Member, Host Rep

it's right.. when u've chargeback... that will be a huge problem. Otherwise i'm using it without any problems yet

• Chargeback's are inavoidable in such industry. It happens.

• +1 Being using Stripe for several years without incidents

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@BlaZe said:

Payza? Did they even still existed?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    Mollie does not support hosting services at all. I contacted them previously. If you are with mollie, you are playing very dangerous game.

Well worldstream used Mollie (not sure if they still using them)..

Anyway, worldpay is another option and they allow hosting service.

But if you want to stick with Stripe then you have to check manually very hard.. not sure about the future with stripe in hosting industry.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    Chargeback's are inavoidable in such industry. It happens.

With Stripe 3D security enabled for all CC payments you can protect them from being disputed for fraud: https://stripe.com/docs/sources/three-d-secure#disputed-payments

Thus adding an additional level of security for your business.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • LyraHostingLyraHosting Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

anyway is not a huge problem if you know how to replicate to Stripe when they're coming..

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@key900 said:

@BlaZe said:

Was a joke :p

@time4vps said:

@LTniger said:

With Stripe 3D security enabled for all CC payments you can protect them from being disputed for fraud: https://stripe.com/docs/sources/three-d-secure#disputed-payments

It would be also interest to know that, for example, PayPal still makes one fight a “fraudulent” dispute where 3DS was successful, and sometimes even allows this type of dispute to be ... lost somehow.

• Clouvider said: lost somehow.

3D security is covered by VISA insurance. It can't be lost... But with PayPal everything can happen.

• timelapsetimelapse Member
    edited October 2019

Unfortunately not every card supports 3D Secure. As a buyer, sometimes my payment fails with Stripe. If Stripe is primary, make Paypal the backup.

I also have a gripe with Paypal when provider disables Pay with credit/debit card because I pay with a prepaid card.

Thanked by 1Levi

@LTniger said:

Clouvider said: lost somehow.

3D security is covered by VISA insurance. It can't be lost... But with PayPal everything can happen.

Exactly my point, yet... managed to get 2 chargebacks like that lost. Shocking.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Unfortunately, PayPal are a law of their own. They mostly do as they please. I've seen it many times now.

ViridWeb said: Anyway, worldpay is another option and they allow hosting service.

I work with WorldPay daily, they do not accept Web Hosting companies, heck they don't really like web designers. I ask them this question weekly, why.

Unfortunately, Web Hosting is regarded as high risk for PSP's so they tend to stay away from it. Unless you can prove your track record then they are a little bit more accepting.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

@time4vps said:

@LTniger said:

It would be also interest to know that, for example, PayPal still makes one fight a “fraudulent” dispute where 3DS was successful, and sometimes even allows this type of dispute to be ... lost somehow.

its PayPal what do you expect? Profit from any transaction!

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2019

@WebProject said:
    its PayPal what do you expect? Profit from any transaction!

Tbf to PayPal I've seen numerous cases where we terminated a customer (e.g. due to deliberate outbound DoS) and rather than just side with us PayPal refunded the customer out of their own pocket.

• reliablevps_usreliablevps_us Member, Patron Provider

Recommended

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

We are using Stripe for years, also recommend it aswell.

• malekmalek Member, Host Rep

@AlbaHost said:

...how are you using Stripe when your company is based in Albania?

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2019

@malek said:

@AlbaHost said:

...how are you using Stripe when your company is based in Albania?

Since in Albania are no online merchant except 2checkout which we leaved them long ago, we do have an DE IBAN throught our CFO which is a German citizen.

Thanked by 1malek
  • @LTniger said:
    Mollie does not support hosting services at all. I contacted them previously. If you are with mollie, you are playing very dangerous game.

Having been a happy customer of Mollie for the past 7 years - they work quite well with the hosting industry at least for NL registered companies :)

While the hosting industry in general is seen as high risk in many cases - there's still ways to work with providers until you've "proven" that your business operates with just as little risk as other industries.

• illyhostingillyhosting Member, Host Rep

We used Stripe before, I definitely recommend it!

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Stripe is good, we have been using it without issues

• @key900 said:

@BlaZe said:

I know liberty reserve get raided by the FBI