Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

socks5 nat vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

socks5 nat vps

ll70ll70 Member

Hi,
Is it possible to run socks5 proxy on vps server with NAT ?
If yes which software can do this ? danted?

Comments

• No

• Why d'you say no? I'm doing it with Shadowsocks.

Thanked by 1ll70
  • @ll70 said:
    Hi,

Yes you can easily do danted

Thanked by 1ll70
  • @ll70 said:
    Hi,

Yes you can, I'll recommend using squid proxy.

Btw, with so many cheap VPN available, proxy isn't worth it anymore. And yes, you can also run VPN server on it using OpenVPN (or PiVPN).

Thanked by 1ll70
  • @somik said:

@ll70 said:
    Hi,

Yes you can, I'll recommend using squid proxy.

Btw, with so many cheap VPN available, proxy isn't worth it anymore. And yes, you can also run VPN server on it using OpenVPN (or PiVPN).

I guess @ll70 is a Chinese, @somik is unable to use OpenVPN in China (China has VPN law)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@lzy0 said:
    (China has VPN law)

Don't they have all sorts of network/internet restrictions over there?

• Thank you all for help.
    I wasn't sure about that. I've always used a vps with native IP for private proxy.

lzy0 said: is a Chinese

No I am from Europe and need US IP for few services.

somik said: Btw, with so many cheap VPN available, proxy isn't worth it anymore

I don't need much traffic and vpn are not cheaper, small vps costs about $10/y , nat vps even cheaper $3-$4.

• @thedp said:

@lzy0 said:
    (China has VPN law)

Personal use of VPN in China is subject to legal penalties. To establish a website in China, it is also necessary to have a government department to file a record.

• @lzy0 said:

@thedp said:

@lzy0 said:
    (China has VPN law)

Personal use of VPN in China is subject to legal penalties. To establish a website in China, it is also necessary to have a government department to file a record.

Do they also require sacrificing first born son of you want to open a web hosting company?

@ll70 said:
    Thank you all for help.
    I wasn't sure about that. I've always used a vps with native IP for private proxy.

You only need 1 open port to use proxy or VPN server on any VPS, NAT or otherwise. Using a dedicated IP for that is kinda wastage.

Just check with the provider first on hosting private proxy or VPN.

@ll70 said:
    I don't need much traffic and vpn are not cheaper, small vps costs about $10/y , nat vps even cheaper $3-$4.

You do get the benifits of multiple IPs on multiple countries, but if you only need US, a NAT vps is much cheaper indeed. Moreover most of the private VPN IPs are banned on Netflix, private server won't have that issue.