Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for very cheap VPS(256 MB ram, 1GB HDD) with high bandwidth in India
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for very cheap VPS(256 MB ram, 1GB HDD) with high bandwidth in India

Currently India is extremely undeserved for NTP. I am running 2 public NTP server in India with about 41MB/s traffic combined and it is still not enough as there are only 21 NTP servers for 1.2 Billion people.

I want to create one more VPS which will serve as a my third offering to this cause but on the parallel, I am not that rich.

So I am looking for a VPS with low RAM + Low HDD + High Bandwidth in India

Expectations -

RAM - 256 to 512 MB
HDD - 1 GB
Bandwidth - 1GB/s
Traffic - ~ 1TB per month
Budget - Less than $8 per month.

Does anyone know or have any VPS which will fit this config?

Thanked by 1vimalware

Comments

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

Amitz

See below post. Today is Amitz Day + 2 weeks

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Amitz!

• 1GB/s and 1TB/month. Do you expect your NTP server to run only 15 mn each month?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@Shot2 said:
    1GB/s and 1TB/month. Do you expect your NTP server to run only 15 mn each month?

That is the minimum amount of time by which people are late for appointments in India. Or 15 minutes of fame. That's all needed.

• Linode have a new location in India. The smallest instance (Nano) only $5/month (1GB RAM).

You can get free $60 Credit for new account here

• @Shot2 said:
    1GB/s and 1TB/month. Do you expect your NTP server to run only 15 mn each month?

That was just a minimum requirement tbh. I would love to get more bandwidth but I know that it might be hard with my budget.

Also 1GB/s won't be used 100%. My current NTP servers clocks around 20 MB/s in the day. Uses around 2MB/s at night. I do adjust the bandwidth on NTP according to that.

• If you can increase your budget to roughly 25 dollars, Oracle Cloud's cheapest VM works out to roughly that much, and comes with unmetered in + 10TB out at 700 Mbps.

• @AC_Fan said:
    If you can increase your budget to roughly 25 dollars, Oracle Cloud's cheapest VM works out to roughly that much, and comes with unmetered in + 10TB out at 700 Mbps.

I can increase my budget to max $10. $25 is too rich for my blood.

• Can you make it run on A NAT kvm like Google cloud VMs?

Then, check out Oracle cloud's always free tier.
    You can run 2x1gb KVMs forever with that as long the load is very low. Chose the Mumbai DC. Bandwidth looks to be capped around 40-45mbit.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160260/oracle-cloud-free-tier/p1