Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania. - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania.

Comments

• @Kiwi83 said:
    Hello, my username is @Kiwi83.

God, grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change;
    Courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Thanked by 2uptime ehab
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@ITLabs said: [...]

your call is important to us - please remain on the line.

EDIT2:

So ... I too may have been "too clever by half" but here's what I did ...

ordered one of the previous (1 TB / 1 GB ram) offers to mess around with - paying monthly so will not cry if it doesn't work out

got it setup without any problems - but now may be about to (quite possibly) bork it with some netboot.xyz shenanigans

so ... before embarking on that misadventure, made sure to order another (512 GB / 512 MB ram) which I hope to actually use for a long time - paid quarterly so enjoying slightly better discount while still not over-extended ... now just waiting for that one to be provisioned.

my name is uptime, and I am two times a happy idiot.

Debian, thx

Thanked by 2ITLabs default
  • AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited October 2019

@Kiwi83 said:
    Hello, my username is @Kiwi83. Despite previous bad experiences with HS, I persuaded myself to trust them one more time. The control panel is still very buggy and I can't SSH into my VM after reinstallation. I confess that I am an idiot.

If you are so sure now, maybe it is the time to ask cociu to put you on his black list to protect you from future purchases. Small amount of lets say $1/month should be fair for such extra service and cover his efforts ;)

I am sure cociu will not stop to publish great offers on LET, especially as he acquired a lot of deadly cheap disks, great prices of electricity for next 3 years, spare IPs, great uplinks etc.

And don't worry about this VPS from this promo... you still could try to sell it to somebody else (just make thread "TRANSFER OFFER: idling cociu's KVM 1TB, 35 months and 29 days left") ;)

• @Kiwi83 said:
    Hello, my username is @Kiwi83. Despite previous bad experiences with HS, I persuaded myself to trust them one more time. The control panel is still very buggy and I can't SSH into my VM after reinstallation. I confess that I am an idiot.

i was able to get it up and running again with debian, the ubuntu image has issues..

• @sjkme said:

@Kiwi83 said:

i was able to get it up and running again with debian, the ubuntu image has issues..

I'll try again tomorrow. Hope everything will be OK.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Kiwi83 said:

@sjkme said:

@Kiwi83 said:

I'll try again tomorrow. Hope everything will be OK.

im sure it will get sorted out, the network performance is extremely decent though especially for the price. kinda tempted to get another one..

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:

Debian, thx

Where’s the Uptime Approved (or not) seal?

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@vyas11 said:

@uptime said:

Debian, thx

at the moment, in a state of suspended disbelief

probably best tested on mad dogs and englishmen for now

so have commandeered @eol's erstwhile seal of quality to properly represent

Thanked by 3ITLabs vyas11 vimalware
  • @vyas11 said:

@uptime said:

Debian, thx

The day this gets Uptime's Approved Seal I will change my name to Jenna Jameson and I will run butt-naked on 5th Av.

Thanked by 3uptime vyas11 cybertech
  • Waiting for the 5TB version of this :)

• @sjkme said:

Glad to hear that. I only use debian for my servers, so I wasn't aware of any issue with the ubuntu image. Perhaps @cociu should check out the ubuntu image.

I hope the box has mostly been smooth so far considering its little RAM and CPU. I have been quite happy with it and it doesn't look oversold considering that @cociu has confirmed I am on a full node.

• @poisson said:

@sjkme said:

Glad to hear that. I only use debian for my servers, so I wasn't aware of any issue with the ubuntu image. Perhaps @cociu should check out the ubuntu image.

I hope the box has mostly been smooth so far considering its little RAM and CPU. I have been quite happy with it and it doesn't look oversold considering that @cociu has confirmed I am on a full node.

same here, very happy with the performance so far. i have no idea if the node i'm on is full or not though

• @poisson said:

@sjkme said:

You are lucky.

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited October 2019

@elliotc said:
    You are lucky.

I don't believe in luck. I believe in evidence. I have been following @cociu's threads since I first joined LET because he is a verrrry funny character but I never took anything from HS because the evidence of reliable service was not in his favour.

However, I have been seen efforts in improvement, such as him admitting that his earlier VPS deployment methods were flawed and he made investments into improving that, along with improved bandwidth quality (which was independently verified by others on LET who have seen actual contracts). He also explained that he capped the number of boxes on the storage node to 100 based on stress-testing results using the same number of boxes for a month. He rejected my request to combine two boxes into one because he was concerned about stability issues (I presume he wanted to keep 100 boxes on the same node to the exact same configuration as the stress test conditions that worked well).

All these are NOT LUCK. This is effort to change and to improve, and multiple people have had the same positive experience as I did on these boxes (sans the conf file that went missing on another node causing some customers to face re-installation problems but that seem to have been sorted out).

I am actually a computational social scientist in real life, and I am not interested in how people feel about his past. I am only interested in the evidence before me and so far I haven't seen anything to show that it was just luck. To be fair to @cociu, it was his hard work.

Of course, having said that, he can very well decide that he has achieved enough and start to let things rot and decline. That is something that is beyond my control and if that truly happens, I will evaluate and report the evidence, and I most certainly will change my position. Until then, the evidence before me clearly shows that HS now is not like the HS of the past. In fact, having experienced the real shit at LEB (that crappy Umax hosting is still alive scamming others), I would say that whatever unhappiness that you have with @cociu is nothing.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@cociu said:
    yearly only .... due of paypal fees (is love romanians) we pay i think maximum comparetly with anothers country.

Nvm then, thanks.

I don't mind paying more for other companies than a host that "sometimes" works.

Thanked by 2DP kkrajk
  • @FAT32 said:

@cociu said:
    yearly only .... due of paypal fees (is love romanians) we pay i think maximum comparetly with anothers country.

Nvm then, thanks.

I don't mind paying more for other companies than a host that "sometimes" works.

I will provide regular reports and you can judge a year down the road if HS continues being "sometimes works". You should just keep your moolah for Black Friday deals.

• Unfortunately I used paypal, but the invoide shows unpaid. But I paid for it. So perhaps there is something wrong in the process. Ticket Created #406546. I uploaded the payment proof.

• @Oiko2019 said:
    Unfortunately I used paypal, but the invoide shows unpaid. But I paid for it. So perhaps there is something wrong in the process. Ticket Created #406546. I uploaded the payment proof.

You need to wait. They will manually verify the payment and activate it. You don't need to open a ticket for this. My payments were not immediate. The invoice should update to paid in less than an hour (my experience is around 10 - 15 minutes) and provision the server.

• @Oiko2019 said:
    Unfortunately I used paypal, but the invoide shows unpaid. But I paid for it. So perhaps there is something wrong in the process. Ticket Created #406546. I uploaded the payment proof.

Congrats on your first comment

Thanked by 2poisson skorous
  • @cociu said:

songofsaya said: i had wait it for about 1days....

You are in a different node and for some reason conf file was lost in reinstall. We debug this to see way is this happened to be sure is not a bug module and prevent future problems.

poisson said: but mine took longer than a few minutes

In some nodes we have decided to delay reinstall task due of many people is reinstall in the same time . Yesterday i have take a look to a node for exemple and had a user reinstalling 15 times in less than 30 minutes ... fuck ... way ? i dont know..

PS also your node is full yet so will stay like is now. You must to know also the people when is buy almost 80% of customers is start to copy in the same time ++++ always have some abusers ... so this will stay like is now or eaven better after we will advert some abusers.

Could you help to to reinstall the system,Thanks

• angstrom said: Congrats on your first comment

I vote moderator post for you. You're very quick to check new sign ups. :smiley:

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I wonder if he has started looking into all these issues because thanks to @drivex now all I can imagine is this :|

@drivex said:
    @cociu doing some work at the datacenter

• @poisson said:

@Oiko2019 said:

You need to wait. They will manually verify the payment and activate it. You don't need to open a ticket for this. My payments were not immediate. The invoice should update to paid in less than an hour (my experience is around 10 - 15 minutes) and provision the server.

I just want @cociu could help me to reinstall the system as soon as possible..i think i would not reinstall the system again...I just want to use my vps....

• Cociu threads probably increase sign-ups on LET . 🤔

Thanked by 3uptime angstrom pike
  • @songofsaya said:
    I just want @cociu could help me to reinstall the system as soon as possible..i think i would not reinstall the system again...I just want to use my vps....

He will look into it eventually. If you want a really quick response and service, pay more. I am pretty sure it works the same way in China (judging from your writing, I am 99 percent sure you are from China).

• @vimalware said:
    Cociu threads probably increase sign-ups on LET . 🤔

He increases the number of Chinese sign-ups. I really hope they don't screw up the nodes.

For the record, I am ethnic Chinese, but I am not impressed by the unreasonable behavior of some of the PRC Chinese on LET.

• Seems a few new customer dont know they need patience and luck.

I am well trained by lxc.

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2019

@elliotc said:
    Seems a few new customer dont know they need patience and luck.

It's Halloween, you have to be prepared if you get a trick instead of a treat.

Thanked by 2DP vyas11
  • @elliotc said:
    Seems a few new customer dont know they need patience and luck.

I am well trained by lxc.

Congratulations.

• @vimalware said:
    Cociu threads probably increase sign-ups on LET . 🤔

What if cociu is paid by CC to increase sign-ups and traffic of LET?

This discussion has been closed.