Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania. - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania.

Comments

• @cociu doing some work at the datacenter

• @donli said:

@ps20090 said:

@cociu said:

jsg said: So what's your private war against HostSolutions all about?

i make love with his sister maybe ? who know ..

I love the witty comebacks from Cociu and drama, it is so much fun.

People buy just for the entertainment value. It's like throwing money at Twitch streamers.

Thanked by 2plumberg raindog308
  • hzrhzr Member

@dedicatserver_ro seems to need to shit so urgently that he has to do it in his competitor's thread and cannot wait until he finds a proper toilet.

• drserver said: What i see here is Raid6 or 60 with LVM_Thin

Please be aware that if your meta is not on NVMe you will be having really really bad writes when disks gets full. This is not criticism in any way, just free friendly advice.

thanks, i hope is not the case here , we have make test with 2 identical nodes , identical raid, identical hdd stressed durring +32 days before we made this offer with 100 kvm in each and we have not note this but good to know for bigger servers.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @ps20090 said:

default said: May I know what HDD are you using for this offer?

I can't find info in my VPS cause (I think) it is under soft Raid (and I can't see it), but Cociu said in one of thread before, he bought tons of "Seagate Exos X14 12TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Enterprise Hard Drive (ST12000NM0008)" recently.

But I doubt he is using that disk though cause, 56/3 = 18 Euro/TB/Year. Total money Cociu will get before fees, taxes, etc. is way less than 18 (money per VPS) x 12 (money per TB) x 3 (years) = 648 Euro. That disk alone sells for 300+ (+ 10% sales tax) USD here in US. Plus, Cociu offered 50% Extra credit also recently (like add 10$ get 5$ bonus,.. so pay 10$, get 15$ total).

He already said what he pays for these, something like $160-180 (I forget and too lazy to track down). He also had a promo to buy them outright for $250. I might have dollars and euros wrong.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I have nothing against @cociu or his business (HS) but it sure seems like he's getting nailed up, down, left, right and center.

Nevertheless, good luck and do not fret, as this is part and parcel of life :)

• On checkout, no matter what I write, I always get "The nameserver prefix is invalid."

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@charos maybe try entering "invalid" ...? (j/k!)

EDIT2:

"ns1" and "ns2" usually work (without fully qualified domain - ie, not "ns1.example.com" - just "ns1")

• @cociu said:
    thanks, i hope is not the case here , we have make test with 2 identical nodes , identical raid, identical hdd stressed durring +32 days before we made this offer with 100 kvm in each and we have not note this but good to know for bigger servers.

Good to know. I notice a lot of disk activity now but I guess that is normal because all the new customers are probably backing up now. @jsg said, wait a few weeks and we know if your nodes are performant in real-world conditions (I have full confidence they will be).

• This is a very good one time offer. Thanks!

• I cry,i reinstall the system but it didn't work....,and destory the vnc,and now ,i can't access to my vps,and i can't reinstall too,please help to.solve it,I had open a ticket,the ticket number is #898253,please help me to solve it,thanks everyone.....

• It looks like they are having some issue. I am also facing same issue. After reinstall my vps never came back online and after that nothing working, I can't ssh, can't ping my ip, can't reinstall from client area. I hope they will fix it soon.

• I am not sure what the issues are, but when I did the reinstall about 24 hours back, their panel took a while to put the template into my VPS. The first time I was impatient and tried to forcibly restart the VPS from the control panel before it was done and I couldn't ssh into it as well. I would say that if you reinstall the OS, go do something else and give it like 15 to 20 minutes before you try to SSH into your box.

The server itself is working fine. Here are fresh benchmarks for my first box:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Common KVM processor
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 1795.672 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 1008.1 GB (2.5 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 481 MB (61 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1023 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 5 hour 55 min
    Load average         : 0.12, 0.06, 0.01
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 10
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.19.0-6-amd64
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 247 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 269 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 271 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 262.3 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         33.0MB/s      
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           3.15MB/s      
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            3.46MB/s      
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           6.93MB/s      
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           20.6MB/s      
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             4.30MB/s      
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           2.74MB/s      
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          4.85MB/s      
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            22.4MB/s      
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           4.87MB/s      
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          3.47MB/s      

Here is a fresh bench from my second box as well. The performance is similar.

Total size of Disk   : 1008.1 GB (1.9 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 481 MB (59 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 6 hour 8 min
    Load average         : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 259 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 284 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 281 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 274.7 MB/s
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         33.7MB/s      
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           4.83MB/s      
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            3.87MB/s      
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           19.2MB/s      
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           27.6MB/s      
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             7.05MB/s      
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           7.00MB/s      
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          3.90MB/s      
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            18.0MB/s      
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           3.03MB/s      
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          3.28MB/s      

I believe I am on a host node that is probably close to capacity because I think @cociu had a lot of signups and if so, I think the performance is very acceptable for a backup/storage server. Hopefully it stays this way (i.e. nobody on the node tries to abuse it).

Thanked by 3gogo bdl uptime
  • @samm said:
    It looks like they are having some issue. I am also facing same issue. After reinstall my vps never came back online and after that nothing working, I can't ssh, can't ping my ip, can't reinstall from client area. I hope they will fix it soon.

This is the situation i had face it

• @poisson said:
    I am not sure what the issues are, but when I did the reinstall about 24 hours back, their panel took a while to put the template into my VPS. The first time I was impatient and tried to forcibly restart the VPS from the control panel before it was done and I couldn't ssh into it as well. I would say that if you reinstall the OS, go do something else and give it like 15 to 20 minutes before you try to SSH into your box.

The server itself is working fine. Here are fresh benchmarks for my first box:

Total size of Disk   : 1008.1 GB (2.5 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 481 MB (61 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 5 hour 55 min
    Load average         : 0.12, 0.06, 0.01
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 247 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 269 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 271 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 262.3 MB/s
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         33.0MB/s      
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           3.15MB/s      
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            3.46MB/s      
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           6.93MB/s      
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           20.6MB/s      
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             4.30MB/s      
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           2.74MB/s      
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          4.85MB/s      
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            22.4MB/s      
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           4.87MB/s      
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          3.47MB/s      

Here is a fresh bench from my second box as well. The performance is similar.

Total size of Disk   : 1008.1 GB (1.9 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 481 MB (59 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 6 hour 8 min
    Load average         : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 259 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 284 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 281 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 274.7 MB/s
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         33.7MB/s      
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           4.83MB/s      
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            3.87MB/s      
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           19.2MB/s      
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           27.6MB/s      
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             7.05MB/s      
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           7.00MB/s      
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          3.90MB/s      
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            18.0MB/s      
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           3.03MB/s      
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          3.28MB/s      

I believe I am on a host node that is probably close to capacity because I think @cociu had a lot of signups and if so, I think the performance is very acceptable for a backup/storage server. Hopefully it stays this way (i.e. nobody on the node tries to abuse it).

i had wait it for about 1days....

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Yes, there seems to be (have been?) a small f_ckup in the panel/template system. I also clicked on "debian" when ordering but got a centos system.
    I simply had to "rebuild" (via panel) and chose "debian" and that worked fine. The trick seems to be to not do anything with the VPS, no remote login, no VNC console, nothing; just leave it alone until the rebuild is done. In my case it took just a couple of minutes.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @jsg said:
    Yes, there seems to be (have been?) a small f_ckup in the panel/template system. I also clicked on "debian" when ordering but got a centos system.
    I simply had to "rebuild" (via panel) and chose "debian" and that worked fine. The trick seems to be to not do anything with the VPS, no remote login, no VNC console, nothing; just leave it alone until the rebuild is done. In my case it took just a couple of minutes.

My exact same experience, but mine took longer than a few minutes (guessing it was because lots of people were rebuilding at that point). The system has been buttery smooth by the standards of a storage server standard ever since.

• cociucociu Member
    edited October 2019

songofsaya said: i had wait it for about 1days....

You are in a different node and for some reason conf file was lost in reinstall. We debug this to see way is this happened to be sure is not a bug module and prevent future problems.

poisson said: but mine took longer than a few minutes

In some nodes we have decided to delay reinstall task due of many people is reinstall in the same time . Yesterday i have take a look to a node for exemple and had a user reinstalling 15 times in less than 30 minutes ... fuck ... way ? i dont know..

PS also your node is full yet so will stay like is now. You must to know also the people when is buy almost 80% of customers is start to copy in the same time ++++ always have some abusers ... so this will stay like is now or eaven better after we will advert some abusers.

Thanked by 2songofsaya poisson
  • @cociu said:

You are in a different node and for some reason conf file was lost in reinstall. We debug this to see way is this happened to be sure is not a bug module and prevent future problems.

In some nodes we have decided to delay reinstall task due of many people is reinstall in the same time . Yesterday i have take a look to a node for exemple and had a user reinstalling 15 times in less than 30 minutes ... fuck ... way ? i dont know..

PS also your node is full yet so will stay like is now. You must to know also the people when is buy almost 80% of customers is start to copy in the same time ++++ always have some abusers ... so this will stay like is now or eaven better after we will advert some abusers.

Oh I see,so can you help me to reinstall my system.Thanks a lot! My ticket number is 898253,Thank you again!

• @cociu said:

Thanks for the clarifications @cociu. I think you made the right decision to delay the reinstall task. I think people are reinstalling many times because they think the reinstall is not instant. If you have bought a box and are reinstalling because the OS isn't what you specified in your order, please wait like 10 to 15 minutes. Don't start another reinstall after 1 minute. Otherwise you will clog up the system.

I know that most people are copying now but even then, the performance is quite ok to me. I also appreciate it very much that you are on the lookout for abusers and will take action to ensure that they don't spoil the hosting experience for everyone.

Thanked by 1sjkme
  • @poisson said:

@cociu said:

Thanks for the clarifications @cociu. I think you made the right decision to delay the reinstall task. I think people are reinstalling many times because they think the reinstall is not instant. If you have bought a box and are reinstalling because the OS isn't what you specified in your order, please wait like 10 to 15 minutes. Don't start another reinstall after 1 minute. Otherwise you will clog up the system.

I know that most people are copying now but even then, the performance is quite ok to me. I also appreciate it very much that you are on the lookout for abusers and will take action to ensure that they don't spoil the hosting experience for everyone.

yep, please people use these shared resources Politely. :)

• Made an order and wait for delivery. :)

• @cociu , you should pause sales to sort out all your present clients first .

stagger the rollout , so it doesn't become a big traffic jam .

also , how many VPS are sharing 1 node ? are you over-selling ?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2019

Anyone who comes back here and complains their '$1.38' per month server has problems or doesn't work should have to hold a sign that says, "I am an idiot", have their picture taken and post it here, before we listen to their complaints or even consider taking them seriously. If you don't know what your getting your self into by now, you don't deserve any sympathy, in my opinion.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @vbloods said:
    @cociu , you should pause sales to sort out all your present clients first .

stagger the rollout , so it doesn't become a big traffic jam .

also , how many VPS are sharing 1 node ? are you over-selling ?

He explained that it was a missing conf file in the other node, and I am on a full node that isn't experiencing issues, so your point is?

• sjkmesjkme Member
    edited October 2019

@cociu said:

i think the reinstalls are related to an issue i just experienced, i installed debian and the install was borked somehow, ssh wasn't connecting, server was up & pinging though. then i installed ubuntu but it wont accept my preset password tried changing it but that didn't work either.

probably why people kept reinstalling their os.

also can't seem to reboot the server or shut it down via the control panel, reinstall seems to be the only thing that "works"

• iamanidiot

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2019

@Kiwi83 said:

iamanidiot

No. Before being honest with yourself by acknowledging the guilt in human's imperfection, you need to embrace the community that will be your support and comfort in the steps towards recovery.

Therefore... you could say: Hello. My username is @Kiwi83 and #...

Thanked by 3vyas11 uptime kkrajk
  • also , how many VPS are sharing 1 node ? are you over-selling ?

Of course he is, question is how many

• Hello, my username is @Kiwi83. Despite previous bad experiences with HS, I persuaded myself to trust them one more time. The control panel is still very buggy and I can't SSH into my VM after reinstallation. I confess that I am an idiot.

This discussion has been closed.