Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec down

Multiple hosts down.

dacentec.com site is also down.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanked by 1dadiharta

Comments

• Look here for info .... https://www.facebook.com/Dacentec/
    "...UPS Maintenance that caused issues with some client services..."

Thanked by 2cmpe dadiharta
  • yes. my some my server still down. 50% off my server online currently.
    there is network issue currently. I hope they can online asap.

• Mine is UP, 25mins downtime

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

They had a scheduled UPS maintenance go wrong apparently and it took all of our equipment offline. Power came back up after about 15 minutes. I believe that there still are ongoing network issues since our peering with them has not come back up yet and we are seeing traffic only through our second upstream.

• Well, going on six hours of downtime for me as well as the database error for their own web site which in itself is embarrassing.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2019

Seems my server did go down and reboot. That said, for the price I pay Dacentec for the server I have, technically I owe them 6 hours of downtime every 6 months. While annoying for sure, it does seem they handled it appropriately. Shit happens, even during planned work, that is why they plan out these periods and let you know in advance to their work by e-mail notifications.

Sure, it sucked to be offline and then to have to boot everything back up and get it working, but if I truly expected 99.9999% uptime from them, the first thing I would do is stop insulting them by only having the single cheapest server they have and upgrade to something that actually gives them enough margin to afford to provide such a service.

In my opinion, even with this downtime, they provide one of the most stable and comprehensive services for the amount I pay that one could ask for. I have worked with bigger groups that don't even send out maintenance notifications to their customers and have had much larger down times. These guys at least got their shit together.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3ITLabs kassle seriesn
  • TheLinuxBug said: In my opinion, even with this downtime, they provide one of the most stable and comprehensive services for the amount I pay that one could ask for. I have worked with bigger groups that don't even send out maintenance notifications to their customers and have had much larger down times. These guys at least got their shit together.

^^ This. My server is still down, their customer panel is still unreachable. I sent them an email (as of their FB memo that asked to notice if a client's server is still down) and the answered me in 5 minutes (with a not entirely canned response) that the issue is still present and their tech team is working to resolve it asap.
    That said, giving aware of the price of their services, I am still extremely happy, their downtime over the time is very small and the value for price is very high.

Thanked by 1kassle