Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friendly reminder to providers before BF
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Friendly reminder to providers before BF

MilonMilon Member
edited October 2019 in Requests

Friendly reminder to providers before BF. Please, add more payment methods, please!
If you add crypto payment then use more coins, not only useless high fee BTC coin. Nobody really want to use it except one million boys who only hold this s*** (not use). There are a lot of better alternatives.

And don't forget to add available payment systems at the main page or at the FAQ page, because you will (and always get) unpayed orders for this reason! Ppl join to see what is available and as the result you have tons of unpayed orders.

Comments

• Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Ahh. The accounting mess. The collection pain.

Thanked by 1ralph
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

A reminder to the vocal minority, effort/reward.

• It may be easier for you, but converting your shitcoins as a merchant (accepting Bitcoin is hard enough!) into something usable is easier said than done. Keep in mind your host can't actually pay their DC with your coins, and they will inevitably pay fees to convert it back to fiat.

TL;DR: Be grateful your host accepts crypto at all. If I ran a host, I certainly wouldn't bother trying to accept more than a few of the major coins if at all.

• Milon said: And don't forget to add available payment systems at the main page or at the FAQ page, because you will (and always get) unpayed orders for this reason! Ppl join to see what is available and as the result you have tons of unpayed orders.

like this idea , really good point .

Unlike : we use btc or any popular coin because we can monetize this rapid and we can make the real money and not lost in exchange any shit coins

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@FlamesRunner said:
    Keep in mind your host can't actually pay their DC with your coins, and they will inevitably pay fees to convert it back to fiat.

TL;DR: Be grateful your host accepts crypto at all. If I ran a host, I certainly wouldn't bother trying to accept more than a few of the major coins if at all.

True.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@FlamesRunner said:

I will second this.

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner Ouji
  • hodl

• Being honest, only reason I accept crypto is to HODL. Since I don’t offer anonymous web hosting, crypto in the sense of it, doesn’t make sense to every day user.

But hey, you got couple of bucks sitting in your wallet? I will take em :)

Those coins are sitting in my wallet, collecting dust, hoping for another major bull run.

• @Milon said:
    Friendly reminder to providers before BF. Please, add more payment methods, please!
    If you add crypto payment then use more coins, not only useless high fee BTC coin. Nobody really want to use it except one million boys who only hold this s*** (not use). There are a lot of better alternatives.

And don't forget to add available payment systems at the main page or at the FAQ page, because you will (and always get) unpayed orders for this reason! Ppl join to see what is available and as the result you have tons of unpayed orders.

If you can pay a year in advance a dedicated server in the range of a few hundred dollars per month, of course they will accept whatever shit coins you have. If you are going to pay just a dollar or two a month, maybe you might want to take that demanding attitude elsewhere (prefixing "friendly" to your post doesn't dent the your crap-shit attitude in the rest of post).

• MilonMilon Member
    edited October 2019

Nobody said about accepting all shitcoins. There are some good and liquid coins like Bitcoin Cash, Doge, ETH maybe some other.

I don't see any difference accept Bitcoin Cash/Doge/ETH vs BTC except that you do not lose money on high fees from BTC side to move you coins to exchange to sell them.

Furthermore, don't hold them if you need USD. There are easy to setup services that will help you accept your payments and convert profit immediately into USD without any loss and without any movements from your side.

• best reminder would be go easy on our e-wallets!

• I guess Paypal or credit/debit cards are only good for the first world countries...

• friendly reminder as well, please no more than $7/year deal.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited October 2019

Peepal : let fuck this provider with my shit FX rate.

• @vimalware said:
    Peepal : let me fuck this provider with my shit FX rate.

And with expensive pee fees.

• @Milon said:

Nobody said about accepting all shitcoins. There are some good and liquid coins like Bitcoin Cash, Doge, ETH maybe some other.

You weren't exactly clear to what you meant by "coins." I made my statements based on your lack of specificity.

Furthermore, don't hold them if you need USD. There are easy to setup services that will help you accept your payments and convert profit immediately into USD without any loss and without any movements from your side.

What kind of service converts coins to fiat for no fee?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Milon said: use more coins

I assume all LowEndTalk providers will honor AmitzCoins.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Don't use money or coins if you want to avoid pees, simple.

You can do trade with a host.

• Nobody said about accepting all shitcoins. There are some good and liquid coins like Bitcoin Cash, Doge, ETH maybe some other.

You weren't exactly clear to what you meant by "coins." I made my statements based on your lack of specificity.

Yes, because I didn’t want it to look like an advertisement. My personal choose Bitcoin Cash (low fees, the same original bitcoin history and ledger, good development, possible to use all old Bitcoin stuff to accept it with little modifications)

What kind of service converts coins to fiat for no fee?

Any service is about fee. I don't know who want to run service without profit. But the question is how big this fee. Anyway, it's not so hard to make you own with any preferable with simple API calls:
    1) give user address and amount to pay (maybe address generated on your side).
    2) immediately automatically move coins to exchange wallet
    3) with API call sell it on the market.

• Don't need to accept many shit coins but please accept USDT, it's easy to send USDT with 0.01$ fee and 1 USDT always equal 1 USD

• @supick said:
    Don't need to accept many shit coins but please accept USDT, it's easy to send USDT with 0.01$ fee and 1 USDT always equal 1 USD

So you want to spend $0.01 extra per transaction to use a cryptocurrency that is essentially worth the same as regular US dollars?

...why not just use USD/FIAT then?

• @doghouch said:
    So you want to spend $0.01 extra per transaction to use a cryptocurrency that is essentially worth the same as regular US dollars?

what? doesn't a CC transaction cost something like 3%? A crypto tx doesn't, unless the payment gateway has other added fees

• Why not cash-on-delivery option? Ofcourse the host sales team to come down to my house in different country for the tansaction. Then no transaction fees, except for the plane fare.

Thanked by 2bugrakoc nulldev
  • @untoreh said:

@doghouch said:

what? doesn't a CC transaction cost something like 3%? A crypto tx doesn't, unless the payment gateway has other added fees

How will providers use USDT to pay their servers...? They’ll end up having to use an exchange anyway — might as well save the hassle and use regular moolah.

• I do not recommend using USDT and keep money on this ledger :-) You can accept it and immediately move it to use system with real USD

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited October 2019

Also, the fees for BTC really aren't that bad. I sent a $50 transaction just last week and paid a $0.40 fee for it, confirmed in < 40 mins. That sounds pretty high until you compare it to a $10 PayPal transaction where PayPal's fee (3.7% of transaction + $0.30 flat fee) would be: $0.69, almost double.

• doghouch said: So you want to spend $0.01 extra per transaction to use a cryptocurrency that is essentially worth the same as regular US dollars?

This is about to get more buyers who want to use cryptocurrency.
    Not everyone likes Paypal, the fee is very high and if your local currency is not USD/EUR, they convert local currency to USD/EUR at very low rate

• Reminder to providers: don’t worry about payment methods, if the deals are good enough THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO PAY