Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

80% Off Cloud2Z Shared Hosting Plans for Students | 25% Discount Available Otherwise
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

80% Off Cloud2Z Shared Hosting Plans for Students | 25% Discount Available Otherwise

MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
edited October 2019 in Shared Hosting Offers

Cloud2Z Limited is based in London, United Kingdom. The same place as these offers.

The goal of Cloud2Z is to provide high quality hosting in the low to mid-range pricing tier, for those that need to scale up or those who just want to experience some of the added features Cloud2Z offers.

During this launching phase, I am offering a 25% off discount code and more to come.

Here's what you should expect when you join Cloud2Z:

• 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
  • DirectAdmin Control Panel
  • Free Let's Encrypt SSL
  • Free Softaculous Apps Installer
  • CloudLinux & PHP Selector
  • Node.js and Python Apps
  • Remote Daily Backups
  • 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
  • Free Domain With Ultimate
  • Use PayPal or Cryptocurrency
  • Pay With GBP, USD or EUR

Starter:

2GB SSD Storage
Unmetered Bandwidth*
Unlimited SQL Databases
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Addon Domains

£1.11/month - 25% OFF CODE: WELCOME - Order in United Kingdom

Medium:

5GB SSD Storage
Unmetered Bandwidth*
Unlimited SQL Databases
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Addon Domains

£2.24/month - 25% OFF CODE: WELCOME - Order in United Kingdom

Ultimate:

10GB SSD Storage
Unmetered Bandwidth*
Unlimited SQL Databases
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Addon Domains

£4.49/Month - 25% OFF CODE: WELCOME - Order in United Kingdom

If you're a university student with an active edu email, you can claim 80% off any shared plan offered by Cloud2Z. Simply add your order to the cart and register with your edu email address. Once your invoice is generated, send an email to [email protected] from the .edu and your discount will be applied.

Cloud2Z and SmallWeb are trading names of Cloud2Z Limited. Company Number: 12272693

*Please note, we do not actively monitor your bandwidth usage, but it is subject to fair usage.

What's coming next?

• Website/Blesta integration and free Blesta licensed resellers
  • More locations (SmallWeb + CloudLinux + Extra Beef = C2Z)

Comments

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

Like the site and the promos.

80 percent off is cool, noble, serving another niche.
    Best wishes.

Servers serve a need

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

I study the secret mysteries of life. Am I entitled to receive the discount? Tks

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited October 2019

@ITLabs said:
    I study the secret mysteries of life. Am I entitled to receive the discount? Tks

I'm always inclined to discount those with their pls and tks =]

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • With the requirement of a .edu address, isn’t this practically restricted to American students? I mean, in the UK universities have .ac.uk domains, whereas universities in Germany or The Netherlands just use their ccTLD’s.

Sometimes it’s very clear that your doing business with a student though. My alma mater uses students.uu.nl as sub domain for student mail addresses.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
    edited October 2019

@debaser said:
    With the requirement of a .edu address, isn’t this practically restricted to American students? I mean, in the UK universities have .ac.uk domains, whereas universities in Germany or The Netherlands just use their ccTLD’s.

Sometimes it’s very clear that your doing business with a student though. My alma mater uses students.uu.nl as sub domain for student mail addresses.

To be blunt, I've indeed mixed up my email addresses by location. You're entirely right. Thank you.

Old:

Students with a valid .edu email address can register at Cloud2Z.com and order any shared hosting plan to receive this discount. Once your invoice is generated, contact [email protected] from your edu account email and your discount will be promptly applied.

New:

Students with a valid university email address (.edu, .ac.uk, etc) can register at Cloud2Z.com and order any shared hosting plan to receive this discount. Once your invoice is generated, contact [email protected] from your account email and your discount will be promptly applied.

Thanked by 4uptime debaser ITLabs amj
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

At 80 percent discount, @Mic-hael just created a HM for students.

On a serious note, do you see google apps (plus google sites)/ office 365 subscription for students (with broken web like features) as barriers to students taking up the deal? Many undergraduate programs in India have gapps. I ran some numbers and at nearly one Rupee a Day the base plan is cheaper than most mobile phone bills. But then if my university offers me gapps, I would try and save that rupee!

Not poking holes in your plans but really trying to understand your rationale. Next part I am PM’ing

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@ITLabs said:

Maybe with your profile pic you could get banned for life. Or @Mic-hael will offer you a LT plan instead.

Edit: LT plan can be interpreted as Lifetime but could also read as LowEndTalk special plan. $7

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @vyas11 said:
    At 80 percent discount, @Mic-hael just created a HM for students.

On a serious note, do you see google apps (plus google sites)/ office 365 subscription for students (with broken web like features) as barriers to students taking up the deal? Many undergraduate programs in India have gapps. I ran some numbers and at nearly one Rupee a Day the base plan is cheaper than most mobile phone bills. But then if my university offers me gapps, I would try and save that rupee!

Not poking holes in your plans but really trying to understand your rationale. Next part I am PM’ing

Not trying to dominate the world. My logic is that if there was any chance a Cloud2Z plan was sounding good for you, then now you can get 80% off whilst in education. Savings savings savings. That's all :smile:

Thanked by 2vyas11 ITLabs
  • @vyas11 said:

@ITLabs said:

Your profile pic will get you banned for life. Or maybe @Mic-hael will offer you a LT plan instead

Boo hiss LT (Life Time?)

I wonder if anyone would be interested in 10 years of SmallWeb at some dumb low price.

• @vyas11 said:
    Maybe with your profile pic you could get banned for life.

My avatar is a humble tribute to our Oracle of Profound LET Wisdom and the little treasures he grows in his backyard. ;-)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Thanked by 2ITLabs ehab
  • lemme get uhhhhh McChicken

• @SirFoxy said:
    lemme get uhhhhh McChicken

$7

• Good luck with your new brand @Mic-hael :) Anything I should watch out for as a SmallWeb customer? Any significant changes coming?

• Ympker said: Good luck with your new brand @Mic-hael :) Anything I should watch out for as a SmallWeb customer? Any significant changes coming?

Thank you :) Only plans are improvements. I wrote a blog with some intentions and changes (billing).

Right now I'm working on:

• DNS Clustering (ns1 & ns2 instead of nsx-location)
    • CloudLinux for SmallWeb Melbourne, Australia
      so I can add it to the Cloud2Z range

• Resource upgrades for Amsterdam and New York

• Blesta (paid) licenses for SmallWeb/C2Z Shared
    • Blesta (free) licenses for C2Z Resellers 2 and 3

If there's anything you'd like to see, let me know.

Thanked by 2ITLabs Ympker
  • @Mic-hael said:
    anything you'd like to see

hola and congrats on the new brand and business vehicle for Moving the Project Forward!

I have not been paying close attention so please forgive if I might have missed the obvious - but is there a summary of new features added to cloud2z plans vs. smallweb?

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
    edited October 2019

@uptime said:

@Mic-hael said:
    anything you'd like to see

hola and congrats on the new brand and business vehicle for Moving the Project Forward!

I have not been paying close attention so please forgive if I might have missed the obvious - but is there a summary of new features added to cloud2z plans vs. smallweb?

The "Starter" plan for example is basically the 2GB plan from SmallWeb. It was £1, now £1.49 mostly for fees.

A few notable differences would be no bandwidth or account limits. Some plans at Cloud2Z come with a free domain, dedicated IP and free licensing (Blesta coming soon).

Any location offered on Cloud2Z utilises CloudLinux, whereas most on SW do not. The monthly cost for CloudLinux sorta just needs the monthly revenue stream. Over time, more SW servers will be included.

I fully intend to add more and more features to distinguish why you would want to choose Cloud2Z over SW.

Cheers :smile:

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • thanks, that sound good. Perbaps a "compare and contrast" page will be helpful to point to from a FAQ - some opportunity to market both. I understand these may be moving targets with evolving feature sets for the foreseeable future - but when the dust settles, I expect cloud2z will have more bells and whistles and resources at the high end.

I do like the simplicity of smallweb for serving static sites so that's actually a selling point for me :)

Thanked by 2ITLabs MichaelCee
  • uptime said: thanks, that sound good. Perbaps a "compare and contrast" page will be helpful to point to from a FAQ - some opportunity to market both. I understand these may be moving targets with evolving feature sets for the foreseeable future - but when the dust settles, I expect cloud2z will have more bells and whistles and resources at the high end.

I do like the simplicity of smallweb for serving static sites so that's actually a selling point for me

Really good idea. I'll implement it. When the template is integrated content adding will be a lot easier.

How should the content be organised?

Right now I am thinking of doubling it up as an "about page" with the vs section two columns for each brand listing the features, then having additional sections going more indepth on certain things.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

well ... if it was me, and if I was you, I'd want to keep it simple and transparent - make it clear which aspects of the plans are considered "work in progress"

most important bullet points at the top of the list for column A and column B (or colunn Z ...?) might just be some "best used for" indications with regard to design goals.

So - to whatever extent some mix of these features would fit your vision(s)

• Smallweb

• Simple to Setup a Static Site with SSL (note the 6-S sibilance for the win!)
      • Site Builder ...?
      • Easy image upload ...?
      • Easy access to traffic stats, maybe some basic analytics (preferably non-intrusive)
      • Good documentation, tutorials & knowledge base for beginners
      • "Set it and forget it" features?

• Yearly payment
        • Maybe some monitoring
      • Leverage DirectAdmin for easy default setups

• with ability to customize - when/if necessary
        • DNS, subdomains

• maybe "beta" or "staging" subdomains could be an interesting best practice to setup by default for newbies
            • with ability to rollback to last working version for the main production domains
        • Email

• default postmaster@ address just for the ancient RFC lulz
          • encourage setting up external imap client rather than forwarding to preserve IP reputation
            • (avoids problems when incoming spam turns into outgoing mail via forward)
      • maybe give a path for users to pull individual "value added" features from the Cloud2Z universe

• if it's an easy thing to do
        • still keep the basic package as simple as possible
        • remembering always that making complicated things simple can be a challenging thing to do well.
    • Cloud2Z

• (Items A through Z go here ...)
      • moar cloudlinux, softaculous, ssh access - all that next level stuff
      • option for dedicated IP
      • might include a suggestion / feature request box at the end of a short list

• indicates the "work in progress" nature
        • encourages the "early adopter" types
        • might be an opportunity to shell out and/or farm out quotes for custom development work for requests that don't fit your core product
      • the top arc of the "2" could be a rainbow linking a generic cloud to a brilliant, sparkling Z

• possibly incorporating a unicorn or pony in the background
        • yes I am trolling, but the rainbow part could actually be an interesting design
      • going beyond conventional "shared hosting" - for example might be interesting to see what you can do with something like the cloudjiffy setup from @leapswitch

• make clear what's a "next year" feature and what's a "who knows when maybe sometime in the next decade feature"
        • go slow - avoid "breaking" changes (the opposite of move fast and break stuff - this will make a @Clouvider cry evry tim)
        • most important thing may be to first prioritize doing a few things well rather than spreading yourself too thin
        • still - dream big and have fun building some next-level quality service of the superior potassium persuasion!
  • You open my eyes in many ways @uptime - Thank you for taking the time to write this.

I will create an "About Cloud2Z Limited" page with information on the company and two brands, I'll make sure to include all the information you've listed for a SW vs C2Z section.

The website integration should be "soon tm" so I'll publish the pages through BlestaCMS. I decided to jot some of the bullet points in docs as a draft to work on for now:

Thank you.

• Uptime Consulting ;-)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@ITLabs said:
    Uptime Consulting ;-)

I was going to suggest that @Mic-hael should hire uptime as a consultant. Jut remind him to pronounce the 'Z' as Zed and not Zee. Your Aussie customers may also appreciate this. Make sure you include three violations and you are out clause in the agreement. I suppose the payment will be in chayotecoins.

@uptime awesome post - very well articulated.

Cloudz website template looks good- fast, and love the theme color. May I suggest a look at otter dot ai site for the pricing/ features table? A bit too detailed for my tastes (particularly mobile version), but desktop version is well structured.

p.s: Make sure to include the "Uptime Approved" seal from uptime in your agreement. Posting only the link to the seal since I do not have authorization to post without approval.

I typically only consider buying deals that carry the uptime approved seal.

Thanked by 2ITLabs MichaelCee
    edited October 2019

@vyas11 said:

@ITLabs said:
    Uptime Consulting ;-)

I was going to suggest that @Mic-hael should hire uptime as a consultant. Jut remind him to pronounce the 'Z' as Zed and not Zee. Your Aussie customers may also appreciate this. Make sure you include three violations and you are out clause in the agreement. I suppose the payment will be in chayotecoins.

@uptime awesome post - very well articulated.

Cloudz website template looks good- fast, and love the theme color. May I suggest a look at otter dot ai site for the pricing/ features table? A bit too detailed for my tastes (particularly mobile version), but desktop version is well structured.

p.s: Make sure to include the "Uptime Approved" seal from uptime in your agreement. Posting only the link to the seal since I do not have authorization to post without approval.

Thank you. I really like Colorlib's templates and how I've adjusted it to showcase Cloud2Z using only one page (so far, ish, with my legals being in blesta). Otters pricing table really appeals to me. Were you thinking for the index or as part of @uptime's comparison suggestions page?

Cheers <3

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

Maybe a hybrid- a short version (otter like) on index, with a link to detailed comparison. Dunno- might be more work than it's worth.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @vyas11 said:
    Maybe a hybrid- a short version (otter like) on index, with a link to detailed comparison. Dunno- might be more work than it's worth.

I'm in it for the long term so I for sure will add it to the list.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @Mic-hael that side-by-side synopsis is looking pretty good I think

glad to hear some ideas resonating :smiley:

Best advice I can give though may be .... don't take too much random internet advice as gospel!

Really intended more as just a few ideas to prime the pump - some might fit the bigger picture better than others. If you can do a few things well to start with - that's a lot better than half-assing a bunch of other stuff, ammirite?

@vyas11's suggestion to keep the high-level overview on the lean side makes good sense - let the prospective buyer seek and easily find more details and features if they're so inclined - but otherwise the next click might be your pricing page, with another short hop from there to a purchase (and alternatively for those not ready to buy, a contact form for feedback and follow-up, signup for newsletter announcing new developments and special offers, etc.)

Thanked by 2MichaelCee ITLabs
  • @uptime said:
    @Mic-hael that side-by-side synopsis is looking pretty good I think

glad to hear some ideas resonating :smiley:

Best advice I can give though may be .... don't take too much random internet advice as gospel!

Really intended more as just a few ideas to prime the pump - some might fit the bigger picture better than others. If you can do a few things well to start with - that's a lot better than half-assing a bunch of other stuff, ammirite?

You do have some good ideas, though.

@vyas11's suggestion to keep the high-level overview on the lean side makes good sense - let the prospective buyer seek and easily find more details and features if they're so inclined - but otherwise the next click might be your pricing page, with another short hop from there to a purchase (and alternatively for those not ready to buy, a contact form for feedback and follow-up, signup for newsletter announcing new developments and special offers, etc.)

Noted. Thank you :) As for a contact form quick/temp fix, I've added "Contact" us which leads to Sales support tickets on the navigation for those who don't want to live chat or email.

(It wasn't enabled for presales before, oopsie)

I'll also have the announcements/blog page up when the theme is integrated.

• @CokoMleko said:

Wrong place bro!

Thanked by 2MichaelCee uptime
This discussion has been closed.