Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VoIP templates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VoIP templates

Helo, I'm looking for pre-defined VoIP good templates for OpenVZ KVM and XEN.

Any ideas ? thanks !

Comments

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

@asterisk14 was selling a couple templates I believe

• http://sourceforge.net/projects/pbxinaflash/files/

They have OpenVZ templates there.

• Its easy enough to build them... Just saying

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • dnwkdnwk Member

@asterisk14 Do you sell OpenVZ template with Asterisk 1.8 or up with A2billing?

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited July 2013

@KeyJey - I've got a Trixbox OpenVZ template (PM if you want it). I also have PIAF template, but can't find it at the moment. On KVM/Xen HVM, you can usually use the ISO.

@dnwk I have Trixbox 2.6

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

Don't understand why anyone would pay money for one but if you can make money selling them then by all means.

edited July 2013

@sman said:
    Don't understand why anyone would pay money for one but if you can make money selling them then by all means.

If you know of a place that has free openvz templates for trixbox, asterisknow, elastix, PIAF, askozia for download, please let me know.

• smansman Member

@asterisk14 said:
    If you know of a place that has free openvz templates for trixbox, asterisknow, elastix, PIAF, askozia for download, please let me know.

They are out there and if not in the right version or flavor you can make your own from freely available instructions.

• @sman said:
    They are out there

Thanks, that's very helpful to know!

• smansman Member

@asterisk14 said:
    Thanks, that's very helpful to know!

Always happy to help. I can explain how google works if you want.

Thanked by 3ska KeyJey Ishaq
  • KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Haha! I'm interested xD

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

I was going to say that I can provide any OpenVZ or KVM Asterisk template anyone wants but not worth my while at $10 unless I could sell thousands of them.

edited July 2013

I've installed asterisk + freepbx on openvz from scratch line by line and it took me a good few hours. It went wrong a few times so I spent the best part of a day on it.

I had a Trixbox template and uploaded it to interserver.net and asked them to make it available for me. I was up and running in 10 mins! And I could re-install it as many times as I liked if I messed the config up. That's the difference. There are a few websites selling these templates. So I thought I would sell mine.

Although I found Elastix/PiAF bloated and use plain asterisk 1.4.44 on a 128MB OpenVZ VPS, if you would like to make PIAF and Elastix OpenVZ/KVM templates available, I would like to add them to my collection of VoIP related stuff?

• My first post, looking forward to learn & contribute.

how do these templates compare PBX in a Flash™ 2.0.6.4.4 with Incredible PBX 11 and Incredible Fax (latest PIAF as described by http://nerdvittles.com/?p=5844

Has anyone tried this set up? could you describe pro's & con's. ?

TY

edited August 2013

@corvid NerdVittles has just souped up and done some of the config for you with his version. What's still crap about them is that you still have to put in trunk details and user details yourself, by cutting and pasting and typing in FreePBX. I would have thought that we would have moved passed this and had drop down menu that would configure all this stuff automatically. Bit it still feels like software from the 1980's. Another reason I no longer use these PiAF, Elastix is they hog too much memory/resources. For example, I am running basic asterisk +FIVN GUI on a 128MB OpenVZ 300MHz processor, and it consumes virtually nothing.

I put Elastix on a 378MB OVZ and it consumed ~80-90% of memory/CPU resources just idleing! I was pretty astounded! If you want GUI, the best is probably AsteriskNOW with the AsteriskGUI/Askozia, both are easy to configure. If you want low memory/resources, just compile your own asterisk and manually config the files. I've done an auto-install script in the tutorials section for Centos 5.x 32bit. Give it a try and see if you like it.

@sman - I'm still waiting for the links to your templates ;-)

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@asterisk14 said:
    corvid NerdVittles has just souped up and done some of the config for you with his version. What's still crap about them is that you still have to put in trunk details and user details yourself, by cutting and pasting and typing in FreePBX. I would have thought that we would have moved passed this and had drop down menu that would configure all this stuff automatically. Bit it still feels like software from the 1980's. Another reason I no longer use these PiAF, Elastix is they hog too much memory/resources. For example, I am running basic asterisk +FIVN GUI on a 128MB OpenVZ 300MHz processor, and it consumes virtually nothing.

I put Elastix on a 378MB OVZ and it consumed ~80-90% of memory/CPU resources just idleing! I was pretty astounded! If you want GUI, the best is probably AsteriskNOW with the AsteriskGUI/Askozia, both are easy to configure. If you want low memory/resources, just compile your own asterisk and manually config the files. I've done an auto-install script in the tutorials section for Centos 5.x 32bit. Give it a try and see if you like it.

sman - I'm still waiting for the links to your templates ;-)

Like I said it's just not worth my while unless I thought I could make a decent buck at it. I contribute to the open source community in other ways. There are guides for doing this. It's not some closely guarded secret. Just a matter of putting in the keyboard time which is all I did. Install, test, reinstall, retest, rinse, repeat.

• @asterisk14 said:
    corvid it still feels like software from the 1980's. hog too much memory/resources. For example, I am running basic asterisk +FIVN GUI on a 128MB OpenVZ 300MHz processor, and it consumes virtually nothing. I put Elastix on a 378MB OVZ and it consumed ~80-90% of memory/CPU resources just idleing! I was pretty astounded! If you want GUI, the best is probably AsteriskNOW with the AsteriskGUI/Askozia, both are easy to configure.

Thanks for sharing insights. check out the this presentation on askoziapbx http://www.slideshare.net/Askozia/asterisk-tag-2008-askoziapbx

maybe a hosted solution like rentpbx is overall cost effective, what do you think?

• @corvid - can you write a little bit about what you want to use it for and how you plan to use it?

• Maybe a newbie question but... "voip templates" in this thread means what?

A template to be the INDEX of a domain or a complete structure to manage a VOIP company?

:)

• smansman Member

@DragonDF said:
    Maybe a newbie question but... "voip templates" in this thread means what?
    A template to be the INDEX of a domain or a complete structure to manage a VOIP company?

Preinstalled Asterisk + FreePBX etc. Either OpenVZ or KVM templates.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • @sman
    Thank you for clarify.
    I have never read about it. It looks like very powerful.
    I think I need to buy a TEMPLATE..ahahaahahh.

Can I see a big company which sells products (voip, pbx, etc) using Asterisk?
    One of you?

What Can You Do With Asterisk?

Asterisk is a framework for building multi-protocol, real-time communications applications and solutions. Asterisk is to realtime voice and video applications as what Apache is to web applications: the underlying platform. Asterisk abstracts the complexities of communications protocols and technologies, allowing you to concentrate on creating innovative products and solutions.
    You can use Asterisk to build communications applications, things like business phone systems (also known as PBXs), call distributors, VoIP gateways and conference bridges. Asterisk includes both low and high-level components that significantly simplify the process of building these complex applications. See the Asterisk Applications section for more examples.

• @asterisk14 said:
    corvid - can you write a little bit about what you want to use it for and how you plan to use it?

Here is a scenario:

Three toll free or local lines. Interactive Voice response (IVR) behind each of the lines. IVR gives options to route to extensions:
    obtain information such as address, flash notifications, etc.
    connect to admin.
    connect to specific individuals.

Individuals carry android phones with sip application allowing call to ring through. If call is not picked up, leave voicemail. voicemail is recorded and emailed to given extension.

Ability to conference call bridge multiparties on a separate line or any of the three lines.

Faxing capability. incoming faxes to email. Fax out to a fax number. store faxes digitally for 30 days or more.

Perhaps some integration capability with company website.

What other features would you look for to empower small business?

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@DragonDF said:
    sman
    Thank you for clarify.
    I have never read about it. It looks like very powerful.
    I think I need to buy a TEMPLATE..ahahaahahh.

Can I see a big company which sells products (voip, pbx, etc) using Asterisk?
    One of you?

You can use Asterisk to build communications applications, things like business phone systems (also known as PBXs), call distributors, VoIP gateways and conference bridges. Asterisk includes both low and high-level components that significantly simplify the process of building these complex applications. See the Asterisk Applications section for more examples.

I think a lot of big telcos use Asterisk for certain things like cell phone voicemail. I would imagine they use it for other things too.

• @corvid said:
    What other features would you look for to empower small business?

I think you will need quite a bit of help to set up something like you have described. @quddus has good experience of asterisk for what you describe. Send him a PM.