Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

InnoHosting mis-selling UK location and putting new customers in Spain - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

InnoHosting mis-selling UK location and putting new customers in Spain

2»

Comments

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@thedp said:
    Personally I don't see anything wrong with that as it seems like an acceptable explanation.

There site has USA or UK, I signed up for UK, there is nothing about EU/Spain hosting.
    Now if they sent that message before creating the account, I would of cancelled the order and forgot about it, but they didn't.

My point is they are mis-selling there UK location as EU/Spain.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@GazCBG said:

However if you insist of migrating your account to a UK server of ours we can assist you with it but you would need to have in mind that it will be migrated in Spain in the near future as well.

I don't see this as "mis-selling".

The above statement clearly indicates that they do have services in the UK and is still in production. However, they are planning to move services out of the UK to the ES, to a better infrastructure.

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

So as you and other see they still have UK servers.

Why did they put me on it to start with, or at least ask me before creating the account.

They presumed and put me on an Spain server without asking, while still advertising UK location on there website which they charge extra for.

No where on there site, does it state about orders in the UK being put in Spain.
    This is why I said about mis-selling.

It would take minutes if that, to change UK to EU or Spain on there website.

-

From Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misselling

Misselling is the deliberate, reckless, or negligent sale of products or services in circumstances where the contract is either misrepresented, or the product or service is unsuitable for the customer's needs.

It is not suitable for my needs as I needed UK hosting not Spanish hosting
    Or moving to a Spanish server from a UK server.

• Refund, move on..

Thanked by 1GazCBG
  • So, any bench?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@cybertech said:
    So, any bench?

No
    I haven't used the account and checked the IP first like I do with all my hosting providers I use.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

If I could be bothered I would probe and see if they are in Spain. But I can't be bothered :joy:

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2019

Neither can I. He doesn't bother. So, we don't bother.

Simple as dat.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Jord said:
    If I could be bothered I would probe and see if they are in Spain. But I can't be bothered :joy:

@deank said:
    Neither can I. He doesn't bother. So, we don't bother.

Simple as dat.

I checked, he is correct, that /24 is routed in Spain, specifically in https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/es.bitnap.html

so... guess this is the foot stamp that makes the rule.

Thanked by 1GazCBG
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Oh dear

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Amitz.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    I checked, he is correct, that /24 is routed in Spain, specifically in https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/es.bitnap.html

so... guess this is the foot stamp that makes the rule.

Thanks for checking :)

I would of gained nothing from lying and would of made myself look even more stupid, than I have already.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

GazCBG said: I would of gained nothing from lying and would of made myself look even more stupid, than I have already.

I never thought you were lying tbh, just so many complains like this I see, (easy 99/100) it turns out they just whois the IP and rely on nothing else.

You were totally within your rights to tell them to fuck off here :)