Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Migrate Single Cpanel to DirectAdmin on shared hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to Migrate Single Cpanel to DirectAdmin on shared hosting

I have migrated gigabytes cp2cp site but am just experiencing DA and I discover things a lot different than I previously Imagine. I don't have any problem restoring files and database without ssh access but my client has about 3.4gb of mail that should be restored, there is where I have problem.

Most of the guide I read online skip that fact that few of us will not have ssh access or just a plagiarised of another content, I don't like page 2 or SRP either

I have used FTP backup move the whole account to the new DA account waiting to be extracted.
How do I restore the email after extraction and if there is any config to make sure email delivery is not disturb
Thanks

Comments

• Why not ask the provider to do it for you?

• LeonDynamic said: Why not ask the provider to do it for you?

The provider is someone I met here on LED who offers a good service at a very cheap price. I thinking them might want to add that as a paid service.

Maybe I will ask the anyway

• @benYahweh said: The provider is someone I met here on LED

on light-emitting diode?

Thanked by 2timelapse ITLabs
  • @angstrom said:

@benYahweh said: The provider is someone I met here on LED

on light-emitting diode?

Low-End Destiny

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

DA has a way to import a cPmove tar. But I believe you have to be the server owner to do this. I would suggest asking the web host to see if they will do it for you.

• @sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

@benYahweh said: The provider is someone I met here on LED

on light-emitting diode?

Low-End Destiny

You so got me
    LET say Low-End Destination

• @Jord said:
    DA has a way to import a cPmove tar. But I believe you have to be the server owner to do this. I would suggest asking the web host to see if they will do it for you.

I think the important to note it's a "conversion" script as well as an importer. There's gonna be differences, so I imagine it will be a lot safer for you and your client to have it done "officially". @benYahweh

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Mic-hael said:

@Jord said:

I think the important to note it's a "conversion" script as well as an importer. There's gonna be differences, so I imagine it will be a lot safer for you and your client to have it done "officially". @benYahweh

I've just imported hundreds of domains into DA, and it all went smoothly. The only issue I had was where one DB was 1GB MySQL had a issue and stopped importing. So that account had to be done manually. Which wasn't the fault of DA.

Apart from that everything else went smoothly.