Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing Windows Server on OVH VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installing Windows Server on OVH VPS

todontodon Member

Hello,

I am trying to install windows server 2012 R2 on my VPS on OVH (VPS SSD2).

The posts already exist in this forum are outdated, I need the windows server 2012 R2 template, the ones I found on the internet are not working, could someone help me please?

thanks.

Comments

• I am not familiar with OVH setup but don't you have any option in control panel to upload/attach ISO for installation?

• Also, why 2012 R2 when 2016 is much more secure? Try 2019 if you want, but avoid 2012 as it has a lot of flaws that are not patched.

• @alilet said:
    I am not familiar with OVH setup but don't you have any option in control panel to upload/attach ISO for installation?

Just if you have Dedicated server, I'm using VPS

@somik said:
    Also, why 2012 R2 when 2016 is much more secure? Try 2019 if you want, but avoid 2012 as it has a lot of flaws that are not patched.

I didnt find any windows server 2019 templante, only 2016 but doesnt work as well..

• SH_DreamSH_Dream Member, Host Rep

I've not tested it on OVH, but i could give you access to my IPXE if you wanna try it. There should be 2012R2 2016 2019 Essential.

• anyone can help me ?

• hzrhzr Member

how much are you willing to pay per month?

• @hzr said:
    how much are you willing to pay per month?

what are you mean ? pay for what ?

• hzrhzr Member
    edited October 2019

for your windows license obviously. it's offered here silly! https://www.ovh.com/world/vps/operating-system.xml

you can install it directly by ovh.

• I don't need to pay, there is another way to install windows on VPS by commands, I just looking for a windows server 2012 R2 template thats work.

• i can offer you a VPS From UK or Germany server which i can install it on for you ?

• but with OVH you have a template you can use