Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Cloudive] - KVM - 2GB RAM - 50GB HDD - 1TB BW @ 1Gbps for $7/month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Cloudive] - KVM - 2GB RAM - 50GB HDD - 1TB BW @ 1Gbps for $7/month

2»

Comments

• @revnja said:
    I don't appear to have gotten the PM :(

Sent now. Sorry! :)

• anyone purchased already? how's the kvm server so far? ;)

• revnjarevnja Member

I just signed up about an hour ago. Holy god -- the server is FAST. The I/O is crazy impressive. I'm able to pull 500MB+/s. I installed Windows 2008 R2 in a matter of minutes.

I think this VPS is going to work out juuuuuust fine. :) Thanks Serverian.

• @revnja, i'm glad it works out for you!

@ravenchad, see above :)

• revnjarevnja Member
    edited July 2013

Also, the network is pretty damn good as well, downloading software from one of my vendor sites and I'm pulling 20MB/sec.

Here are some informal 'benchmarks':

They allow you bringing your own license for Windows which is great, if you have a need for that sort of evil ;) A lot of providers don't allow this, not sure why, but I appreciate the fact that they trust me enough to handle my own licensing issues. The control panel is also not SolusVM, which after the recent exploits, is a very good thing in my eyes. They didn't half-ass the panel, either, it's built in to WHMCS and it's very slick, stable and a pleasure to work with. The panel does have a few quirks when it comes to mounting ISOS/installing/rebooting, but they are actually documented in the panel with instructions to follow in case something weird comes along, so they end up being no problem at all. Overall the UI/UX is a great experience.

Sorry for all of the edits, I'm adding more of my experience as I go along. My VM was set up this morning and I've been hacking away on it for a greater portion of this afternoon, as happy as can be.

Long story short, just go for it. You would be hard-pressed to find such a good machine at these specs with this price.

• dude3dude3 Member

@revnja said:
    Holy god -- the server is FAST. The I/O is crazy impressive. I'm able to pull 500MB+/s. I installed Windows 2008 R2 in a matter of minutes.

I think this VPS is going to work out juuuuuust fine. :) Thanks Serverian.

I can confirm this.
    "Holy god" were my first words too. Good work @serverian

• Glad to see positive review. I'll also purchase soon. :)

• @serverian said:
    revnja, $14 for double resources.

Can you also send me a PM with what the $14 gets if it's double everything? (HDD, RAM, and Bandwidth).

• @DealFinder said:
    Can you also send me a PM with what the $14 gets if it's double everything? (HDD, RAM, and Bandwidth).

Sent.

• Do the double resource accounts come with 2 IPs? I only see one in my account, just wanted to make sure if that was intentional or not. Still loving the server so far!

• @revnja, it comes with 1 IP, it doubles the other resources.

• Maybe the best option of LET to people who have own Windows license.
    Congrats @serverian! A lot of good reviews.
    When I get a Windows license (I do not know If I can use one of my laptops) I will contact you.
    Good luck!

• @serverian please take a look in your INBOX. No reply after a few days. Tks