Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SmallWeb in Los Angeles | New York | Luxembourg | Amsterdam | London | Melbourne - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SmallWeb in Los Angeles | New York | Luxembourg | Amsterdam | London | Melbourne

Comments

• @CasualCanvas said:

Mic-hael said: LTD

@Mic-hael said:
    Thank you very much @Ympker and everyone else who has shown support :)

The 35% promocode LTD that I mentioned is valid until 25th October 2019. :smiley:

Hm, what plans does this work on? I'm trying to see if it works on a Reseller Melb plan but it doesn't seem to do any deductions.

Unfortunately it's just for SmallWeb Shared. Sorry boss :smile:

• mk1mk1 Member

@Mic-hael said:

The 35% promocode LTD that I mentioned is valid until 25th October 2019. :smiley:

Hey did you decide to end this early? The code doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @mk1 said:

@Mic-hael said:

Hey did you decide to end this early? The code doesn't seem to be working anymore.

It should be good now. For your trouble, it's now 40% off.

And for @CasualCanvas' trouble, it now applies to Melbourne Reseller Hosting.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • mk1mk1 Member

Thanks Michael. I'm still not able to use the code on either London shared plan though.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @Mic-hael said:

@mk1 said:

@Mic-hael said:

It should be good now. For your trouble, it's now 40% off.

And for @CasualCanvas' trouble, it now applies to Melbourne Reseller Hosting.

Shiver me timbers!

• snap, just tried it, it's giving me a no-no icon when I try the code 'LTD'.
    Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited October 2019

@mk1 @CasualCanvas

I went to bed thinking I sorted thing, drama, gosh, golly.

It's actually sorted now! I've even double checked :P

• @Mic-hael said:
    @mk1 @CasualCanvas

I went to bed thinking I sorted thing, drama, gosh, golly.

It's actually sorted now! I've even double checked :P

The promo code should have said Brexit. less drama that way.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee ITLabs
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

Just wanted to give a big high five to @Mic-hael for being so helpful. We exchanged a few messages, and now I end up with three smallweb locations, all locked up until end of 2022. He also extended a $1 / year 0.5 GB deal that I (unknowingly, luckily) signed up for back in July. At the time of sign up at Mel location in August- he bumped up the plan at no additional charge.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee ITLabs
  • vyas11 said: The promo code should have said Brexit. less drama that way.

I'll save that for a promo-code that I want to constantly extend every now and then ;)

vyas11 said: Just wanted to give a big high five to @Mic-hael for being so helpful. We exchanged a few messages, and now I end up with three smallweb locations, all locked up until end of 2022. He also extended a $1 / year 0.5 GB deal that I (unknowingly, luckily) signed up for back in July. At the time of sign up at Mel location in August- he bumped up the plan at no additional charge.

Thank you very much for your continued support :)

• Mic-hael said: I'll save that for a promo-code that I want to constantly extend every now and then ;)

Brexit inspired "LTD" promocode has been extended!

..for one more use.

edited October 2019

Forget the PM, here's what I was working on: https://smallweb.net/ (and a blog post justifiying the u turn)

@ITLabs @uptime

Happy Halloween :)

Thanked by 3uptime ITLabs Ympker
  • Happy Halloween Michael.

I really liked the new design. The site looks light and the color palette is harmonious. The map with the animated markers is great! Content is well distributed among the sections.

I only had time to browse on mobile, tomorrow I'll try on desktop.

Congrats again and keep the good work ;-)

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @Mic-hael said:
    Forget the PM, here's what I was working on: https://smallweb.net/ (and a blog post justifiying the u turn)

@ITLabs @uptime

Happy Halloween :)

promo code should have been spoopy but i digress

Thanked by 2ITLabs MichaelCee
  • @ITLabs said:
    Happy Halloween Michael.

I really liked the new design. The site looks light and the color palette is harmonious. The map with the animated markers is great! Content is well distributed among the sections.

I only had time to browse on mobile, tomorrow I'll try on desktop.

Congrats again and keep the good work ;-)

Thank you! And thanks to ColorLib, this one was fresh when I was browsing - I couldn't resist.

I'm taking a break now but I should have both SW and C2Z websites integrated into their Blestas by next week then I'll fix any errors and that should be that! A page that can stay in place for years to come :smiley:

Happy Halloween!
    Code: sPooPy for 32% off!

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime vyas11
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

Congratulations on the fresh coat of paint 👏

Discount: 31 percent for 31st Januar y

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
    edited October 2019

Thank you!

Is this a yay or a nay, gang? (For under the map)

• Is the AMS server almost full?

Thanked by 2MichaelCee uptime
  • @niche said:
    Is the AMS server almost full?

@Mic-hael precisely what my question was going to be. Can you show the limit (100) or intermediate values (25,50, 75)

<

del>

edited October 2019

@niche said:
    Is the AMS server almost full?

Yes, in the image it's set to 70% of capacity, but the issue is not all servers have the same limits.

Edit while typing: Oh, I realise the issue you and @vyas11 are having. Yeah, I can add a number pointer.

Edit: Time to reveal I haven't actually saved LUX and AMS flags and used paint for the above image.

• I have purchased webhosting at all 6 locations, interested in more locations/IP addresses, since many cpanel hosting accounts are being closed after the price increase
    Other options will be appreciated.

• @niche said:
    I have purchased webhosting at all 6 locations, interested in more locations/IP addresses, since many cpanel hosting accounts are being closed after the price increase
    Other options will be appreciated.

Other options are coming, especially thanks to people like you that support me in such a way.

I have promised Romania and Singapore, and I intend to deliver in 2020. If anything else pops up before then though, I'll let you know.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@Mic-hael - what determines the colors for the server capacity graphic? Are they the product of poetic license, or am I missing some infographic meaning?

(Yes, I know I suggested a rainbow in your cloud2z logo, lol!)

• @uptime said:
    @Mic-hael - what determines the colors for the server capacity graphic? Are they the product of poetic license, or am I missing some infographic meaning?

(Yes, I know I suggested a rainbow in your cloud2z logo, lol!)

No significance but there could be..

Red for low capacity, orange for mid-capacity, green open for big bucks

Or something similar?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@Mic-hael said:
    Red for low capacity, orange for mid-capacity, green open for big bucks

something to be said for following the principle of "least surprise" - and would still some color to the page. Might be worth a try I think

EDIT2:

Though now setting the color programatically to reflect the count / capacity ratio may be a challenge.

"Tis but a simple matter of programming m'lord!"

anyway - bonus points for transparency!

Thanked by 2MichaelCee vyas11
    edited October 2019

Table now live on the smallweb.net index page. It may not be mobile friendly...

• Nice. Might use just a wee bit more cowbell ...

Thanked by 1vyas11
    edited October 2019

The agency I paid has sent back the integrated Blesta template.. it's at https://smallweb.net/portal/

There is an issue with the client dashboard page missing content but other than that I like it.. I'm hoping I can fix whatever's causing the slight navigation difference in the HTML vs Blesta but it's getting there.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@uptime said:
    Nice. Might use just a wee bit more cowbell...

@uptime is now accused of injecting humor early morning and potentially earning me some spousal wrath. The conversation went something like this

Mrs: what are you watching?
    Self: Saturday Night Live snippet
    Mrs: who sent it?
    Self: uptime?
    Mrs: who?
    Self: uptime posted it on @Mic-hael ’s discussion therad.
    Mrs: Who is Michael?
    Self: Smallweb
    Mrs: ok, but why are you watching this video at 5 a.m?

• @vyas11 said:

@uptime said:
    Nice. Might use just a wee bit more cowbell...

@uptime is now accused of injecting humor early morning and potentially earning me some spousal wrath. The conversation went something like this

Mrs: what are you watching?
    Self: Saturday Night Live snippet
    Mrs: who sent it?
    Self: uptime?
    Mrs: who?
    Self: uptime posted it on @Mic-hael ’s discussion therad.
    Mrs: Who is Michael?
    Self: Smallweb
    Mrs: ok, but why are you watching this video at 5 a.m?

Hahaha, go to bed! :smiley:

Thanked by 3vyas11 uptime ITLabs
  • HI, Michael. Are you ok? I haven't seen you for a long time [maybe I don't come to LET often]. How is your VPS service ready? Always pay attention to this service.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee