Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for RTO/LTO Storage Server in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for RTO/LTO Storage Server in Europe

TerenasTerenas Member
edited October 2019 in Requests

Hi,

I am looking for Server Options for File Storage in Europe.
Main Use-case is Backups and a Next-Cloud Instance.

Rent to Own/Lease to Own would be preferable (12 to 24 month Contract, colo afterwards)

Wishlist:

• Specs
    ** 1 U form-factor
    ** 5x Disks (5x 6TB+), WD Reds (Consumer Variant is fine) or similar
    ** Avoton or Xeon-D series would be nice, open to other options as well.
    ** 16+ GB Ram ECC

• Colo
    ** Timeframe: 3+ Year Contract (12 to 24 Mo RTO, Colo Afterwards.. Longer if the discount is better :))
    ** Electricity included (based on Server Specs)
    ** Data Transfer, Whatever you can give me for a reasonable Price, At least 2 TB/Month

• Payment Period: Monthly, Paypal Preferred, Wire Transfers in SEPA Region are ok as well.

regards

Comments

• @cociu can probably do something with a "special price for you"

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

For 6+TB drives, you are looking at LFF. You won't find more than 4x LFF per 1U server. At least not cheap. You'd be looking at 2U I assume.

Do let me know if Bulgaria worka for you. I can arrange something for sure. Check our network out at lgbg.alphavps.bg

Also, tagging @Clouvider - I am sure that he'd be willing to help for the UK.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

AlexBarakov said: Do let me know if Bulgaria worka for you

Didn't realise you did RTO.

Clouvider is an excellent choice for UK but not sure if they do RTO? Be interested if they did.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • cociucociu Member
    edited October 2019

I have cheap hdd this days so what will be your budget for let say 14x12tb hdd ? We are located in Romania.

• @AlexBarakov said:
    For 6+TB drives, you are looking at LFF. You won't find more than 4x LFF per 1U server. At least not cheap. You'd be looking at 2U I assume.

Do let me know if Bulgaria worka for you. I can arrange something for sure. Check our network out at lgbg.alphavps.bg

Also, tagging @Clouvider - I am sure that he'd be willing to help for the UK.

Bulgaria and UK Would both work for me.

True on the 3.5. But then again, the extra U over the lifetime of the server (thinking 5 to 8 yrs) also is quite a lot of money. (usually 10 to 15 over 1ux12 months x 8 years =so around 1.4k....)

Plan is RaidZ 2 with 5 disks => looking for 12 to 24TB usable (12/3 = 4 || 18/3 = 6, 24/3 = 8)

@cociu said:
    I have cheap hdd this days so what will be your budget for let say 14x12tb hdd ? We are located in Romania.

Romania would also work for me, but that is way too much storage. see my reply to alexBarakov.

• cociucociu Member
    edited October 2019

Terenas said: Romania would also work for me, but that is way too much storage. see my reply to alexBarakov.

you can up to 14 hdd as many you want, also i can do 4x12tb in 1u server. Right now i have a promo in 12tb hdd so if you want to buy them the price will be 250 eur/hdd and for the server let talk about 250 eur too. so for thsi config you will have :

2xE5-2450L
    16 gb ram
    4x12tb seagate x14

total price for the serv er 1250 eur and if you want to colocate here we can do for less than 50 eur/mo depend of the traffic usage.

if you want to pay fixed rates for one year the price for the config will be 1450 eur. So you will pay 120 eur every month for the server + colocation price

• TerenasTerenas Member
    edited October 2019

@cociu said:
    2xE5-2450L

Altho the offer is decently priced, EOL Hardware is a no-go for me, sorry.
    Also: i need 5 disks. (RaidZ2 requires min. 5 disks)

I have no problem paying more per month if it means current/new hardware.

• Terenas said: I have no problem paying more per month if it means current/new hardware.

let me know a config and i will offer

• TerenasTerenas Member
    edited October 2019

@cociu said:

Terenas said: I have no problem paying more per month if it means current/new hardware.

let me know a config and i will offer

For a rough guideline, see first post.

Edit: preferrably non SMR/Shingled Drives

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2019

@Mr_Tom said:

AlexBarakov said: Do let me know if Bulgaria worka for you

Didn't realise you did RTO.

Clouvider is an excellent choice for UK but not sure if they do RTO? Be interested if they did.

Can accept Klarna and PayPal Credit, otherwise not licensed to provide leasing or credit services

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Clouvider said: Can accept Klarna and PayPal Credit, otherwise not licensed to provide leasing or credit services

Ah, of course, you'd be classed as offering "finance" if you were offering RTO

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Thinking about it, if the colo is cheap enough, 2u would also be okay