Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CLIMITED.de no service after nearly 1 month from payment - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CLIMITED.de no service after nearly 1 month from payment

Comments

• @ITLabs said:

@AlexJones said:
    Charge back on PP/CARD?

@tmln answered:
    I asked for refund. They immediately cancelled the ordered and refunded the money in clientarea's credits and keeping them hostage there. They said they cannot return my money because I paid by Bitcoin. They said Bitcoin orders cannot be refunded

Ah don't pay in crypto first try. That sucks.

• imokimok Member
    edited September 2019

Meh. This message is not important.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited September 2019

A customer of me once had a similar problem with zap-hosting.com. Topped up 20€ via prepaid debit cards, server was down for 6 days during the first two weeks. Sent them cancellation and "Widerruf" within the legal limits but they denied a refund, let the server running and made jokes about me in the service line.
    You could go down the route of asking the customer protection service to support you going after your money, or the BNetzA, or just forget about this shitty hosts and do business with legit companies (like the one I list in my sig).

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@pike said: [...] or the BZGA

Better not. He was scammed. I do not think the Federal Center for Health Education will be able to help him. :D

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

it is starting to feel like the end is nigh for this one.

I can only guess that they might deadpool before they lose their provider tag or are banned from LET simply because nobody cares that much ... Though by that same lame token it seems unlikely that they will be able to make many more sales here if they do not remedy the situation.

One might expect that any new thread they start here could quickly become Soverign Territorah, with timely warnings and pointers to more reputable alternatives.

For example, some useful discussion in this other recent thread ->
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160363/looking-for-a-new-vps-germany/p1

Thanked by 2ITLabs ViridWeb
  • @Gam3over Please fix your host server. Host disk downed 2 times in a month. And no one reply to the tickets. The only reply I have received is 'cannot receive confirmation email'. And no support when the host server is not working correctly. I am now considering changing another provider. Don't buy Climited if you see this post.

• I don't think I've seen a single positive review for this "provider" ...

Seems they are doing very much the opposite of providing lol

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • tim1014tim1014 Member
    edited September 2019

@grep said:
    I don't think I've seen a single positive review for this "provider" ...

Seems they are doing very much the opposite of providing lol

"problem provider" lol

• cociucociu Member
    edited October 2019

I never like to blame a provider ... but i have a exception today . I want to send you a big thanks to you @Gam3over for begin a scammer for no refund or service provide to the client for his money . I just win a client with +150 servers prepayed , and more the client was verry patciense until we have install all this. Thanks @tmln

• tgltgl Member
    edited October 2019

its Game Over for @Gam3over

@cociu did you use the sister on this deal?

Thanked by 1cociu
  • @dfroe said:
    I'm sorry to hear that. Although I guess your (realistic) chances are quite limited if your aren't from Germany and familiar with the legal system here.

You could raise a complaint with Bundesnetzagentur (Federal Network Agency) but that probably won't get you your money back.

As the contract is clearly not fulfilled by the provider you can of course take legal actions. But in most cases you would need to have a lawyer doing this for you to ensure correctness of the whole process. You must send them several demand notes, document that they arrived, set time limits according to the law, etc. In the end you might go your way to the local district court and usually the 'winner' doesn't have to pay for it. But that's a really simplified description of the whole story. :)

So there are of course working legal systems covering such cases here in Germany. But most of the time they aren't easy, not even for us German citizens. :D

It might sound sad, but most likely the money you have spent is not worth all the effort. Take it as a chance to learn. You most likely won't get scammed again the same way in the future. Don't send any bitcoins to somebody you don't know. Even more, only pay small amounts to someone nobody knows or make sure to use a payment method where you can request a refund in case of scam through PayPal or your local bank.

What about european small claims procedure? Wouldn't that work, technically?

Thanked by 1dfroe
  • @tmln said:
    Currently it's almost 1 month since my payment and no service.

>

Well, shit happens... Thats why most people look at reviews before signing up with a host.

Do add to the growing list of reviews here and be sure to link it to this thread on LET: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/climited.de

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said: What about european small claims procedure? Wouldn't that work, technically?

That's actually a good point and should be possible, too - IMHO.
    One should be able to do the required paper work without needing a lawyer.
    You have to pre-pay the costs for the lawsuit which is for example 105 EUR for up to 500 EUR or 159 EUR for up to 1000 EUR.
    If you win, you will get those costs back.

For more information about this European small claims procedure, see
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/solving-disputes/european-small-claims-procedure/index_en.htm

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @dfroe said:

@Ympker said: What about european small claims procedure? Wouldn't that work, technically?

That's actually a good point and should be possible, too - IMHO.
    One should be able to do the required paper work without needing a lawyer.
    You have to pre-pay the costs for the lawsuit which is for example 105 EUR for up to 500 EUR or 159 EUR for up to 1000 EUR.
    If you win, you will get those costs back.

For more information about this European small claims procedure, see
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/solving-disputes/european-small-claims-procedure/index_en.htm

It's the most straightforward way I could think of. Never used it though, so no ideas how your chances of success are.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited October 2019
  • HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

@tmln said:
    [UPDATE] 42 days after payment, still no refund and still he cannot deliver the servers claiming that hardware is stuck in customs process.
    At this point I am considering a legal action, if someone from Germany has been through this and could give me a few hints, it would be very appreciated.

He said it goes straight into his bank account. That means he must be using a payment processor such as bitpay. Try to contact the payment processor about this and maybe they can help?

• was just post a new offer :) .... so sad...

any way thanks again him( climited.de) because i can confirm i have delivered to @tmln more than 150 servers. All payed fast , cleared . So i am happy with the customer.

Thanked by 3Ympker poisson uptime
  • HostUp said: That means he must be using a payment processor such as bitpay. Try to contact the payment processor about this and maybe then can help?

good ideea , will limit the account

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@cociu said:
    was just post a new offer :) .... so sad...

any way thanks again him( climited.de) because i can confirm i have delivered to @tmln more than 150 servers. All payed fast , cleared . So i am happy with the customer.

Um. Not to be an ass, honorable cociu, but isn't it a bit ironic for you of all people to be calling out another host for posting a new offer thread while still having unresolved issues? :tongue:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • MasonR said: Um. Not to be an ass, honorable cociu, but isn't it a bit ironic for you of all people to be calling out another host for posting a new offer thread while still having unresolved issues?

totaly agree until some point ... i do not scam people , i have delay maybe somethime in refund due of overload but never took money from a client. Nothing to comment more , every one is know what have in the garden ... but is true this client is a true client pay withowt any delay , clumply with his words ... etc.

Thanked by 3poisson uptime zenki
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@cociu said:
    totaly agree until some point ... i do not scam people

Very true, I've never seen anyone hit the refound button quite as fast as yourself, so props to you in that regard :)

• MasonR said: MasonR

do not forget this thread have more than 30 days and the customer was not refunded until now.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited November 2019

@tmln Enough with the negotiations bud. With all the ammo you've got, go for the legal approach and let it take its course.

• @MasonR technical issues are one thing and taking the money and ignoring emails/tickets/phone calls is completely different

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @thedp said:
    Enough with negotiations.

With all the ammo you've got, go for the legal approach and let it take its course.

Next I will contact his business partners, like providers, payment processors plus reviews. Then I will maybe try a legal approach, it is a bit complicated because I am not from Germany, but I already have some connections, some people here offered to help me.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@tmln said:
    Next I will contact his business partners, like providers, payment processors plus reviews. Then I will maybe try a legal approach, it is a bit complicated because I am not from Germany, but I already have some connections, some people here offered to help me.

Attaway :)

Hope everything goes well.

• @MasonR said:

@cociu said:
    totaly agree until some point ... i do not scam people

Very true, I've never seen anyone hit the refound button quite as fast as yourself, so props to you in that regard :)

This, so much. I can confirm cociu is fast on the refound button, and a gentle lover.

• @tmln said:
    @MasonR technical issues are one thing and taking the money and ignoring emails/tickets/phone calls is completely different

I totally agree with this. I hope people judge @cociu fairly. The technical expectations have fallen short in the past but he is improving (I will provide longitudinal evidence in the coming weeks after I gather more data). What has never changed, it seems, is that he is an honest straight-shooting guy. I may not go to @cociu for mission critical stuff yet, but everything else I will definitely go with him because I have confidence that he is not out to scam me.

• Thanked by 1Ympker
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

cociu said: clumply with his words

Thanked by 1dahartigan