Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend me a VPN Service in Singapore / Indonesia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommend me a VPN Service in Singapore / Indonesia

I know I can just order a vps and build the vpn myself, but the server on SG / IDN is very expensive. Also I already have a lot of server to manage. I just need something that just works. I don't mind paying for 1 year, or multiple year if it's a reputable vpn service. My Home Internet Bandwidth is 10 Mbps, also the little overhead is the better.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Comments

• Ivacy . $40/year.

• edited October 2019

Do you need Open VPN specific? What about like Mullvad and Wireguard. I'm not sure their presence in .sg. I've used NordVPN for years for OpenVPN service when needed. I use .sg servers when I visit SEA. I have friends in Johor Bahru so it's perfect. They have .id presence too. Never a problem on PC or mobile. Good luck with your budget.

Thanked by 1receivedthanks
  • in indonesia, not much ppl use vpn, Hence not much indonesian vpn provider.

Never use them, but may worth to try:

https://www.flazznetworks.com/pptp-vpn-indonesia/

https://client.atriumhosting.com/cart.php?gid=81

• personally i use fastestvpn,you can get lifetime offer for 5 devices in stacksocial for 20usd, i live in indonesia too, my internet speed is 150mbps,using vpn i got around 130~140mbps

• I understood, You ask for a "managed" VPN service, not a VPS, but OVH have a reliable and affordable VPS service in Singapore (of course depend of the usage frequency):
    https://www.ovh.com/asia/vps/vps-ssd.xml
    HostUS have a Singapre location too:
    https://hostus.us/openvz-vps.html

• DecicusDecicus Member
    edited October 2019

As @shallownorthdakota mentioned; Mullvad has both OpenVPN and WireGuard servers in Singapore.

Seems like ProtonVPN also has Singapore servers (OpenVPN).

Besides NordVPN, I know VyprVPN also has servers in both Indonesia and Singapore, but I don't really have any experience with them (though I've known of them for a few years by now).

• @shallownorthdakota said:
    Do you need Open VPN specific? What about like Mullvad and Wireguard. I'm not sure their presence in .sg. I've used NordVPN for years for OpenVPN service when needed. I use .sg servers when I visit SEA. I have friends in Johor Bahru so it's perfect. They have .id presence too. Never a problem on PC or mobile. Good luck with your budget.

No. I don't really care about the protocol. As long as the speed is good.

Excuse me do you know some vpn free that works?

• Windscribe "Build a plan"
    As low as $1 per month per location, but 2 location minimum.
    That said you can have both Singapore and Indonesia location for $2 per month.

• Ivacy has both ID and SG nodes

• Considered a NAT VPS? @i83 would have a SG location starting at £4.50/yr (100mbps unmetered).
    I used it before as OpenVPN server, had no issues and got ~161ms (via IPv4 only, IPv6 gets routed differently for some reason and gets way over 200) from the Pacific Northwest, routed via HE.

Provided you can connect to a nonstandard port (like you don't require port 80/443 or anything), great choice to choose if you don't mind the fixed, shared IP.

• @Edmond said:
    routed via HE.

Yes I believe mine is routed through HE in Fremont, CA which is in Northern California I believe. Close enough to PacNW.

• @Edmond said:
    Considered a NAT VPS? @i83 would have a SG location starting at £4.50/yr (100mbps unmetered).
    I used it before as OpenVPN server, had no issues and got ~161ms (via IPv4 only, IPv6 gets routed differently for some reason and gets way over 200) from the Pacific Northwest, routed via HE.

Provided you can connect to a nonstandard port (like you don't require port 80/443 or anything), great choice to choose if you don't mind the fixed, shared IP.

don't waste your money, the connection is slow.. if you don't mind getting up to 2mbps

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

If you don't wanna bother managing more servers, then maybe just go for NordVPN or ExpressVPN.

• agreed, i use ExpressVPN and NordVPN. i live in indoensia and that vpn work for Netflix too.

• sibapersibaper Member
    edited October 2019

@andiklive said:
    agreed, i use ExpressVPN and NordVPN. i live in indoensia and that vpn work for Netflix too.

they use rajamitra, last time I check them. Actually any VPS/server outside telkom group able to watch netflix.

• @LastHoly said:

@shallownorthdakota said:

Not free but someone posted this in an earlier thread a €1 "lifetime" (a vie) VPN. Only 1 location in France, and website in French, but it could work for some people that need something basic.

https://dyjix.eu/vpn.php

I would be weary of ANY Free VPN service. Too ripe for abuse. Good luck with your budget.

@LastHoly said:

Not free but someone posted this in an earlier thread a €1 "lifetime" (a vie) VPN. Only 1 location in France, and website in French, but it could work for some people that need something basic.

I would be weary of ANY Free VPN service. Too ripe for abuse. Good luck with your budget.

I'll see the VPN, my budget is little, so I think that this could work. Thank you mate.

• @LastHoly said:

@LastHoly said:

I'll see the VPN, my budget is little, so I think that this could work. Thank you mate.

Glad I could help.

• @drakula said:

@Edmond said:
    Considered a NAT VPS? @i83 would have a SG location starting at £4.50/yr (100mbps unmetered).

don't waste your money, the connection is slow.. if you don't mind getting up to 2mbps

I was able to get around 50mbps over a OpenVPN connection for a speedtest from my personal laptop so I'm not sure what your complaining about. Considering compression on communications between the server, it would be maxed out the link speed permitted, as it receives and then sends. Then again, it could be different sorts of routing from various source locations.

Speedtest from VPS itself was a bit above 90mbps, which was decent, since link speed was suppose to be 100mbps.

• @Kousaka said:
    Ivacy has both ID and SG nodes

Last time I use their Indonesia location, I couldn't connect to the server

• I end up using windscribe so far so good, even the Indonesia one. Thanks for the suggestion. The only location that is unusable (veryyyyyyyyyyyy slow) is the singapore marina bay.

• @Edmond said:

@drakula said:

@Edmond said:

I was able to get around 50mbps over a OpenVPN connection for a speedtest from my personal laptop so I'm not sure what your complaining about. Considering compression on communications between the server, it would be maxed out the link speed permitted, as it receives and then sends. Then again, it could be different sorts of routing from various source locations.

Speedtest from VPS itself was a bit above 90mbps, which was decent, since link speed was suppose to be 100mbps.

I don't know about @i83 but I have my fair share of nat VPN. At times they are good, but most other time, it's very slow. Well, it makes sense, because nat vps is much easier to oversold. Not that I am complaining, because it's very cheap ($3 / year or something around that)

• VPN? I summon you the nat mother, @mikho (@cam as father - they life happly). I use it two years now. I use it as nginx reverse proxy and OpenVPN. Running smooth with low hit on nginx and 2 OpenVPN client.

Thanked by 2receivedthanks mikho
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Singapore speeds is a hit or miss. Some days you get full speed everywhere, some other days the routing sucks monkey balls.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@mikho said:
    Singapore speeds is a hit or miss. Some days you get full speed everywhere, some other days the routing sucks monkey balls.

Indeed. Sometimes the routing seems to have lost its sense of direction 😂

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @yokowasis said:
    I know I can just order a vps and build the vpn myself, but the server on SG / IDN is very expensive. Also I already have a lot of server to manage. I just need something that just works. I don't mind paying for 1 year, or multiple year if it's a reputable vpn service. My Home Internet Bandwidth is 10 Mbps, also the little overhead is the better.

Thanks for your suggestion.

You can try using Ivacy VPN. The provider is based in Singapore and offers super-fast servers in Singapore and Indonesia. and I'd recommend you start off with their 7-day trial and try all their premium features before you actually plan on purchasing the yearly subscription.

• umiumi Member
    edited June 2020

I'd grab $3/mo vps in Singapore Oneprovider/OVH DC and setup all by myself to be 100% sure that no logs etc etc. VPN is so delicate thing to be trusted to "very reputable company". In my country the very reputable companies are banned first. Just IMHO

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • DazzleDazzle Member

Hostens.com with SG LeaseWeb.

https://www.hostens.com/virtual-private-network/

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • RoboCainRoboCain Member
    edited June 2020

I use VPNArea. I'm in Bali right now and it works great. Never drops. A+

It's not cheap though.