Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best hosting for newbie bloggers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best hosting for newbie bloggers

Hi, what is your recommendation for hosting for newbie bloggers (something up to $35-$40/year), I am looking to buy namecheap hosting so can you tell me some experience with that hosting?

Thanked by 1receivedthanks

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

buyshared.net - @Francisco
    gestiondbi.com - @gestiondbi
    myw.pt - @MikePT
    smallweb.net - @Mic-hael

They are all very friendly and will certainly help you.

• Either of the above :)

• I would say https://hostwp.net would fit you perfectly.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I'm using BuyShared currently for my personal websites and also have a non-production site (for testing) on GestionDBI and both have been rock solid till now.

• @ITLabs said:
    myw.pt - @MikePT
    smallweb.net - @Mic-hael

Agreed. Can also recommend drServer (@Radi), extraVM (@MikeA), and @HostEONS for good support

• Yes all of the above are excellent choices. Please also consider Mzungu for all your hosting needs. Good luck with your budget.

• @ITLabs said:
    myw.pt - @MikePT
    smallweb.net - @Mic-hael

You mention up to $40 (@op) but with all of these excitingly you can get up and running for much less.

What makes you want to choose NameCheap? Do you have your domain name(s) with them @CokoMleko?

• @Mic-hael said:

@ITLabs said:
    myw.pt - @MikePT
    smallweb.net - @Mic-hael

You mention up to $40 (@op) but with all of these excitingly you can get up and running for much less.

What makes you want to choose NameCheap? Do you have your domain name(s) with them @CokoMleko?

Yikes. I didn't read that. I just got finished dealing with lovely support at Namecheap. I need a drink now.

• I find the domain menu of namecheap confusing to navigate, and it is not as clear as with other registrars in terms of adding SPF records, or DKIM, and the like. For example, adjusting simple DNS entries requires you to click the "Advanced DNS" tab... why? It isn't advanced, it's just the DNS records. And you have to click that anyway since the default view of your domain when you click "Manage" just offers you purchase options for email or "Premium DNS" (which costs 4.88 USD/year)! Ooo! And the only explanation about what the Premium DNS is is this: Enable PremiumDNS protection in order to switch your domain to our PremiumDNS platform. With our PremiumDNS platform, you get 100% DNS uptime and DDoS protection at the DNS level. I have a bunch of domains with namecheap, and only have them there because of good sale prices, but I much prefer porkbun.com or namesilo.com or even name.com.

I can't say anything about how this carries over into the hosting options, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are unexpected hoops to jump through if just the domain side of things is a little convoluted.

• my dev site works well at gestiondbi.com - @gestiondbi

also buyshared has many good review here.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ITLabs said:
    myw.pt - @MikePT
    smallweb.net - @Mic-hael

Thank you for the recommendation! 😁

• Hmm... the name cheap WP hosting works out in OP's price band. Maybe that was the starting point they used.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2019

@uptime said:
    Agreed. Can also recommend drServer (@Radi), extraVM (@MikeA), and @HostEONS for good support

Thanks for the recommendation! We do fit the bill and can help OP! :smile:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

HostMantis

• level6level6 Member
    edited October 2019

@thedp said:
    HostMantis

I second HostMantis. But you can't go wrong with the other suggestions for a WordPress site or blog

Thanked by 1DP
  • Hi > @Radi said:

@uptime said:

Hello @Radi. Is it cat friendly over at drServer?

• edited October 2019

@Radi Whoa Whoa Whoa. Your website.. The colours man.. ❤️ Guy likes

Thanked by 1Radi
  • Feel free to try us out. Nothing beats free :)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Holla! Thanks to all for your recommendation. We are here to help if you need! :)

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • At that price i think you can get a kvm or openvz with free DA. Or use vestacp/hestia. Learn wp cache or use wp static. Then later mysql optimization. With kvm you wont bump into some restrictions as some shared hosting has some limits, sometimes in php values and mysql limits. But yeah you can start with any of the shared host mentioned above if you totally dont have idea about hosting. If you plan on buying themes and plugins then self hosted can be more expensive.

And learn first how to secure wp. That is if you are going to use wp.

Thanked by 1fazar
  • Since you didn't mention what kind of CMS you intend to use,

I recently started playing with forestry.io with GitHub and Netlify (using Hugo) and I am really liking it. If you have some time to play around, this should also be quite fun (and free).

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@shallownorthdakota said:
    Hi > @Radi said:

@uptime said:

Hello @Radi. Is it cat friendly over at drServer?

Meow... I mean...Yes :smiley:

• I am planning to move to secure dragon. Will it be a good choice?

• @Neuromante said:
    I am planning to move to secure dragon. Will it be a good choice?

Yes

• Why not in your signature?

• I suggest you to use a hosting with cPanel because if you do not like the service you can create a full cPanel backup and move to another hosting company. It's the most easy way for migration off all your information (emails, db and site files etc.)

• Namecheap is pretty good with their hosting. Expensive, but good. In all honesty, you can get cheaper hosting elsewhere with the same performance.

Take a look at TurnkeyInternet. They are not cheap, but they are within your budget and I've been using their cPanel hosting as well as dedicated server since 2013: https://turnkeyinternet.net/linux-cpanel-web-hosting/

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

$30-40 is a reasonable budget to get a decent hosting. Any decent provider should be good to go for hosting blogs.

However, if you need assistance with your blog, make sure to check with your preferred provider whether they would provide such support or not. Not everyone provides support for websites and third party applications.

• @somik said:
    Namecheap is pretty good with their hosting. Expensive, but good. In all honesty, you can get cheaper hosting elsewhere with the same performance.

Take a look at TurnkeyInternet. They are not cheap, but they are within your budget and I've been using their cPanel hosting as well as dedicated server since 2013: https://turnkeyinternet.net/linux-cpanel-web-hosting/

Namecheap is expensive??? Really I think they have cheapest hosting on internet, besides hostinger ( but they have birthday promotion)

• @Cloudware said:
    I suggest you to use a hosting with cPanel because if you do not like the service you can create a full cPanel backup and move to another hosting company. It's the most easy way for migration off all your information (emails, db and site files etc.)

Yes, CPanel and 99% uptime would be awesome for my price range!!!